IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Great style, great soundscapes, ambience, not so great gun sounds, and the controls are a bit weird. It's also a bit repetitive but I like it anyway.

still on dragon age, still enjoying it. a bit buggy now (after battles end i have to wait upwards of 2 minutes to loot) but im far enough in that it's not going to stop me from playing. just hoping

i can put alistair on the throne since he's ~~my BOYFRIEND~~ and that would make me QUEEN OF FERELDEN and how cool would that be?

make sure to insist being his queen when the time comes. you'll know what i mean when you reach the landsmeet :|

edit: bioware games are the equivalent of cheesy romamce novels but for nerdy women. and i'm ok with that.

bioware games are great... i played through the entire baldur's gate series with one character last december during a particularly depressing period of unemployment. and i've got a huge hard-on for mass effect. but i just couldn't get into dragon age. the whole setting seemed very clichéd, the dialogue wasn't great, and the combat/inventory mechanics were profoundly annoying. i was playing on the 360, mind you.

just wanted to say I found exactly this. thought i'd be well into dragon age, but just can't play it - i find the characters (and especially their dialogue) incredibly annoying. I hate them all. I don't want anything to do with them. the fight mechanics are atrocious and frustrating, the game is too constricted and scripted. it's fucking shit.

guess i should flog it.

Guest Ricky Downtown

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

always wanted to play, finally bought it on christmas. shits about as addictive as coke, i've put in 20+ hours already (winter break is fucking boring).

i had just "completed" fallout 3 before starting this one the next day, and so far i like this one much more. the graphics are looking a little dated but this is getting me pumped for Skyrim!!

always wanted to play, finally bought it on christmas. shits about as addictive as coke, i've put in 20+ hours already (winter break is fucking boring).

i had just "completed" fallout 3 before starting this one the next day, and so far i like this one much more. the graphics are looking a little dated but this is getting me pumped for Skyrim!!

As far as I remember I ended up playing Oblivion for 120 hours. So... yeah... you've still got 100 hours ahead of you if you plan on completing every quest.

Yeah I think I prefer Oblivion to Fallout 3 too. It's weird, for a game that's so huge and convoluted I find that it's a game so easy to dip in an out of if you have a spare 20 minutes or so too. You get so much clear direction that even if you haven't picked up the game for 6 months you can go back straight into it and know exactly where you need to go and what you need to do. All other traditional RPGs I've played, if you forgot your precise intentions of why your in a place you can pretty much forget your save state and have to start again (Like what I've had to do with Chrono Trigger about 6 times to date)

just beat one of squee's scores on need for speed hot pursuit.

Fffffffuuuu!

I need that game. The demo was so much fun.

Shit, it's either NFS or Fallout: New Vegas...

Guest Ricky Downtown

Yeah I think I prefer Oblivion to Fallout 3 too. It's weird, for a game that's so huge and convoluted I find that it's a game so easy to dip in an out of if you have a spare 20 minutes or so too. You get so much clear direction that even if you haven't picked up the game for 6 months you can go back straight into it and know exactly where you need to go and what you need to do. All other traditional RPGs I've played, if you forgot your precise intentions of why your in a place you can pretty much forget your save state and have to start again (Like what I've had to do with Chrono Trigger about 6 times to date)

totally, the active quests and current quests thingies really help, plus the quests are usually pretty short.

As far as I remember I ended up playing Oblivion for 120 hours. So... yeah... you've still got 100 hours ahead of you if you plan on completing every quest.

that was my plan, now i'm thinking i'd like to have my life back

red dead redemption...hot damn is this shit addictive....if im going on a bounty hunt, can I just run up, lasso the guy, and then ride the hell out of there?

red dead redemption...hot damn is this shit addictive....if im going on a bounty hunt, can I just run up, lasso the guy, and then ride the hell out of there?

You can, but you better be careful or you'll drag him to his death. Tying him up and putting him on the back of your horse is probably the best way to go. Outrunning his gang members while he's being dragged behind your horse will probably cause him to die and if you go too slow they'll probably shoot your fucking face off. Just try a bunch of shit and have fun.

You can, but you better be careful or you'll drag him to his death. Tying him up and putting him on the back of your horse is probably the best way to go. Outrunning his gang members while he's being dragged behind your horse will probably cause him to die and if you go too slow they'll probably shoot your fucking face off. Just try a bunch of shit and have fun.

oh im not worried about taking him alive...i just really suck at the bounty hunter shootouts...no cover, and they almost always end up happening at night...ive noticed that for some reason first-person-shoooting-view goes to the far left or far right of the character, making it insanely hard to aim...i have no idea what this is?

which reminds me, and I haven't seen this brought up anywhere....its a gorgeous and fantastic game, but goddamn sometimes the areas are way way way too dark....i have to turn my tv's saturation and brightness way up just to see if theres a staircase in some places...and this is during the day.

Fuck you, Super Meat Boy!!! I both hate and love you!

oh god, i hear ya. the balance is just right, it drives me crazy but it's really funny at the same time. i ragequit, but always end up coming back half an hour later.

Fuck you, Super Meat Boy!!! I both hate and love you!

oh god, i hear ya. the balance is just right, it drives me crazy but it's really funny at the same time. i ragequit, but always end up coming back half an hour later.

I tried the Poop Boss level for like 40 minutes and FFFFFFFUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!!!! I get like half way through that level and then I fall into the salt.

I only have a general idea of what Super Meat Boy is like, this was the first video result I got and I laughed my tits off

2:30 onwards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVACgU_2uVs

this would wreak havoc on my eyes and nerves

Yeah, that's how it goes. The first time you go through a level you'll be like, 'yeah!!!' because you have no idea what you're doing and somehow you manage to get really far. Then you die. Then you start thinking about what you were doing on your last try and that's when you fuck up.

Archived