IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My TrackIR 5 arrived so I've been enjoying Flight Simulator X and ArmA 2: OA with headtracking. It's a bit confusing at times to use as infantry (I constantly forget which side I'm pointing at) but it's an amazing experience in an airplane with virtual cockpits.

I'm also still enjoying Mafia 2. It's getting a bit frustrating at times, but it's too beautiful to stop.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

woo woo

squee youre on xbox?

Yup - I've even got you on my friend list. I'll send you a message.

Add me dudes. GT=Acaideus

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

The art/sound direction on that Night Sky game looks ridiculously obvious to be inspired by Limbo. Which I have still been debating buying.

Been playing NFS:Hot Pursuit ever since I got back from California. Fun game for sure.

Guest Dirty Protest

hooked on puzzle quest now

In the last two years I've finished this game at least 15 times. I find it incredibly addictive.

It drained a lot of my life as well. Didnt really have time for 2.

Im playing Hot Pursuit. Dont usually like driving games, but this is fun. Has anyone ever got vibration white finger from a rumbling control pad?

The art/sound direction on that Night Sky game looks ridiculously obvious to be inspired by Limbo. Which I have still been debating buying.

Aside from being highly silhouetted the style is very different - whereas limbo uses it for creepy effect, here it's more as a calming and relaxed dawn/dusk style. It's essentially a more refined (and less stressful) version of Within A Deep Forest back from 2006:

within-a-deep-forest-05.png

And as for the sound, Nifflas has used music and sound sparsely like that for years (many titles of which pre-date that of Limbo)

The demo didn't look bad. I don't like God of War and similar games as there is usually too little attention to atmosphere and detail regarding the environments for my taste, and I can't identify with such a tiny little figure on screen, especially when he's meant to be that testosterone-driven muscle guy that I naturally dislike. Maybe it's good when playing on a really huge screen or over the projector. Anyway, new Castlevania looked like I'd pick it over God of War.

playing me2 again. love it. it's so different when you play through mass effect first and load your save. lots of references to it.

Yuh...

I got a good guy soldier and a bad guy soldier in ME1. Then right before ME2 i leveled an engineer.

I've now completed ME2 on all of them and I'm *shudder* concidering going back to ME1 to start a sniper, cuz snipers were omg wtf pwn in ME2. Gotta keep my options open for ME3 to of course :braindance:

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i went back to try and finish the last hole on pikmin 2. and gave up again. any news on pikmin 3? that'll be when i finally buy the wii

also played lots of joe danger. tricky trick tricky

what games have you enjoyed but just not finished?

i didnt finish the lastest GTA, red dead redemption and pikmin2.

i think the games were great but just got bored due to repetition,length and/or hardness

i do plan on beating them though.

Got to extensively try the Playstation Move with Eyepet and Start The Party - both are great games (especially STP; graphics take a huge shit on any Wii "party" game). I think I'll get a Move!

finished Dantes Inferno. Got a bit meh in the end, dont know if I´ll play it again.

Now I finally started Amnesia, which I got as an early christmas present for myself. :emotawesomepm9:

Bioshock, Silent Hill, Deus Ex are next.

bout to head to Mexico to catch that slippery Bill Williamson...and because most of the ambient challenges are now located in Mexico....can I travel there without having to use Irish in the storyline? I haven't tried yet.

Red Dead Redemption, btw

Archived