IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

I'll have to check them out after work, they block youtube over here.

Well at least it's not as bad as the Final Fantasy games.

Innit. I haven't really enjoyed FF games since they had voice acting, it can really make or break a game. I think the Mass Effect or GTA series have some of the best voice acting out there.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i still have to play mgs4.

Don't bother. It is already extremely outdated and the english voices are so bad it hurts.

I disagree. I find it graphically better then most games out there still, hell they let you zoom in and check out every single pixel in the game, even during cut scenes.

Also the voice acting is fine, David Hayter did great. The only voice that maybe ticks me off is Drebins, being that its a tad too gangsta for me, beyond that all the sisters voices were awesome, and most of the original voice cast is intact including Liquid Revolver.

The voices are very American-Japanese anime-like. All the men in the game sound like they're ready to KICK SOME FUCKING ASS! or as if they've been smoking 20 cigarettes a day since they were 3.

No offence Squee but I really don't know what you are talking about. Can you give me some examples? I started trying to cycle through some of the characters in my head and couldn't think of one you'd be talking about besides David Hayter. Otacon, Raiden, Roy Cambell, Johnny, Vamp.. they all have very different voices, and all of them pretty soft spoken, even Vamp with his slick spanish accent.

Are aware that Liquid, Solidus, and Snake are all clones?

I might have exaggerated when I said that they ALL sounded the same, but come on... if someone talked like that in a movie you would be laughing your ass off.

Whatever, mgs4 made me jizz anyways capped off the snake storyline nicely and answered a lot of questions. great game and I think the graphics are still some of the best on the ps3

Guest disparaissant

roomie's been playing FFXIII, christ what a trainwreck. half an hour of cutscenes, then a save point, then another half hour of cutscenes. with terrible voice acting. and utterly cliche characters (black guy with an afro who literally says 'i'm gettin' too old for this!") and a nonsensical storyline and ugh. it's painful to watch.

its a shame. while not the best FF, FFXII was an awesome game....and I get why people hated the bad voice acting in FFX but I thought that game was fantastic as well.

Guest disparaissant

i didn't like FFX at all, but weirdly enough i really liked the stupid blitzball minigame. i don't know why. spent hours playing that.

I really liked FFX (besides that damn laughing scene). Great music! I love Nobuo Uematsu! Storyline was pretty good too. Blitzball was fun.

I just downloaded and started a game in Two Worlds 2. Not bad so far. I've got the graphics maxed out and it looks really good. I'm really loving my Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 Superclocked. It's a monster for a very reasonable price.

And I'm going through AC: Brotherhood atm too. Awesome game! The borgia towers can be a bit of a hassel though. The damn guard captain keeps running away and hiding inside the building causing me to have to wait for him to return, which can take a good while. Pisses me off sometimes. Either than that it's great so far.

Ass Creed Bros has all the shit that pissed me off about the other Ass Creeds, the trouble locating a marked goalpoint, the leveling up system (wait for money, spend it on renovating shit to give you more money)

but then i play out the assassination in Sequence 4 and I remember why this series is so much goddamn fun to play.

Guest disparaissant

i borrowed assassin's creed from a friend, she said i'd like it. doesn't seem like my type of game for the most part but i have a thing for renaissance italy and it seems like i'll like that aspect of it, at least.

roomie's been playing FFXIII, christ what a trainwreck. half an hour of cutscenes, then a save point, then another half hour of cutscenes. with terrible voice acting. and utterly cliche characters (black guy with an afro who literally says 'i'm gettin' too old for this!") and a nonsensical storyline and ugh. it's painful to watch.

innit ... my thoughts exactly. it's terrible. and now they're making FFXIII-2 ...

by the way, are you involved with any of your wussy roommate guys? I remember when I was about 8 I'd hang out at my neighbor's place cause she had a Super Nintendo. She was a few years older than me and always rocked at the games I couldn't play. I had a mad crush on her because of that. I conclude - a woman dominating you in a video game is a highly sexual situation. :spiteful: I feel for those wusses.

Guest disparaissant

innit ... my thoughts exactly. it's terrible. and now they're making FFXIII-2 ...

by the way, are you involved with any of your wussy roommate guys? I remember when I was about 8 I'd hang out at my neighbor's place cause she had a Super Nintendo. She was a few years older than me and always rocked at the games I couldn't play. I had a mad crush on her because of that. I conclude - a woman dominating you in a video game is a highly sexual situation. :spiteful: I feel for those wusses.

ahahahah noooo no no no no no. see we live in a two-floor apartment thing so upstairs is the other girl and one guy, they're married and have a kid. i live downstairs with the other guy, who is a purely platonic friend since high school. so none of that, lol.

also i am mostly into girls!

the other guy, who is a purely platonic friend since high school. so none of that, lol.

also i am mostly into girls!

unless he's gay, he's probably dying a little inside every day ... :wink:

Amnesia bit for bit, just played Storage with Headphones yesterday...aaaawwwgh

roomate watched the water part before, made several attempts to leave my room lol

and for the bus ride to my universitiy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IofAtnzCcQ

storage gives you a little taste of what's coming up.

did you send me that parappa the rapper thing before? why do I know it?

mass effect 2... the shadow broker's lair may be the most impressive thing i've ever seen in a video game. what an amazing environment. conceptually and graphically.

word. i hope they release more dlc like that instead of costume packs or whatever they're using as their cash cow.

mass effect 2... the shadow broker's lair may be the most impressive thing i've ever seen in a video game. what an amazing environment. conceptually and graphically.

word. i hope they release more dlc like that instead of costume packs or whatever they're using as their cash cow.

Apparantly there will be to more DLCs which will lead up to Mass Effect 3 *explosion in pants*.

Apparantly there will be to more DLCs which will lead up to Mass Effect 3 *explosion in pants*.

ya i heard they were doing one big DLC 2 weeks prior to the release of mass effect 3 that leads into it

or something

:w00t:

/peniscry

Just finished Call of Duty Black Ops (story) - I am so impressed, for reals. Fantastic story. Fuck the haters.

is this worth getting even if im horrible at FPS?

I have World at War and it was amazing, though the multiplayer was incredibly annoying at times.

is this worth getting even if im horrible at FPS?

As much as I love it, I don't think the singleplayer is worth $60, maybe 30 as it's incredibly short. But if you plan on playing multiplayer I'd say go for it, people honestly aren't too good; I don't own it but can go to a friend's house once every few weeks and get top three or so in most matches.

Archived