IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest futuregirlfriend

duh it came out on steam last night at 12 ya dingus

I'm pirating it right now.

opinions so far?

Guest mafted

yep, the megatexture stuff where no textures or patterns repeat over the entire map. Carmack is a freaking genius.

FINALLY I FINALLY BEAT THE FUCKING SHIT OUT OF GOW FUCK YOU SPIKE TOWER THINGY FUCK YOU TO HELL AND BACK FUCK THAT SHIT ITS

FUCKING FINALLY DONE THAT LAST LEVEL WAS TORTURE.

now to play GoW II

Guest disparaissant

anyone got any recs for a good game to play on a shitty netbook with a crap floating track pad that has no right mouse button and tiny stupid fucking keys? tried fallout and that was WAY too much mousing. tried colonization and it was just clunky.

oooh shooter2 finally dropped so played that briefly. its more of the same so far.

also been playing that new pacman dx championship game. fuck me its fast and hard to get used to the slow down bits. i'm too old for this game. my reactions times are awful. possibly i need a joystick for this one

Yeah, Shooter 2 is awesome - love the new "hungry" suit!

Pacman DX is awesome as well - I thought using a joystick might make me better, but I eventually got used to using the analogue stick - keep at it!

FINALLY I FINALLY BEAT THE FUCKING SHIT OUT OF GOW FUCK YOU SPIKE TOWER THINGY FUCK YOU TO HELL AND BACK FUCK THAT SHIT ITS

FUCKING FINALLY DONE THAT LAST LEVEL WAS TORTURE.

now to play GoW II

If you are talking about Hades, the good news is no level in god of war since that was more frustrating. I think David Jaffe even publically apologized for how bad that level was, saying that he didn't get to test it much.

I have nightmares about the spinning platforms with spikes that you would have to jump between.

plants vs zombies

Best game ever, I actually said Thanks to it in the linear notes of my last album cuz I spent so much time on it inbetween studio sessions.

anyone got any recs for a good game to play on a shitty netbook with a crap floating track pad that has no right mouse button and tiny stupid fucking keys? tried fallout and that was WAY too much mousing. tried colonization and it was just clunky.

check out the service called onlive, you can play most modern games with your netbook, assuming you have a decent internet connection.

Guest disparaissant

plants vs zombies

hellish on a trackpad but i still played it for the last hour or so.

mine craft

haha last time i tried, minecraft wouldn't even run.

o sad

yeh its barebones, atom processor, 1.6ghz, crap intel gfx. gig of ram. worse than my desktop. but not by enough :(

Guest disparaissant

dammit i probably sound like a whiner but i have played all the SNES games i like to death and beyond.

plus i am impatient.

you're not making this easy are you?

braid and the misadventures of p.b. winterbottom are both excellent indie 2-d platformers with a twist

(you've seen braid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Triirdqmevo

zen bound 2 is an excellent indie puzzle game and relaxing as fuck, also only a fiver on steam iirc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aYoex4bW4A

also, world of goo

Guest disparaissant

i'm really not. braid and PB winterbottom won't work (no shader 2.0) and world of goo with a trackpad... bleh.

i think i'll just play doom or something.

jesus, no shader 2.0. and i thought i was enduring a hardship when i couldn't play bioshock with my old no-shader-3.0 gfx card. doom sounds good, you should also check out the quake hack that gives you nice hi-res textures.

Archived