IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasting time with Torchlight on the 360. I am becoming addicted to teh l00tz

man im about 3 hours into GoW II, and its already a fantastic and massive improvement over the first....the environments are beautiful, and the addition of flight combat didnt seem overly forced....though i did think it was weird how they conveniently rehashed a ton of powers and just replaced Gods with Titans....but thats a very, very minor criticism.....the intro battle with the Colossus of Rhodes was one of the best boss experiences of all time for me.

btw i know im unforgivably late to this franchise, but it really is some of the most fun ive had with a game in a while, and it has those mind-numbingly frustrating areas or parts reminiscent of oldskool console days...im gonna have to order GoW III now...

also, it has to be made by the creators of Devil May Cry....so many similarities...or am i noting the blatantly obvious?

the first Devil May Cry was one of my favorite PS2 games....shame i didnt know about this franchise at the time...

GoW I-III Studio Santa Monica (division of Sony) DMC 1-4 Capcom (headed by Hideki Kamiya) New DMC game (supposedly due out this year or early next) is being done by Ninja Theory (Heavenly Sword, Enslaved: Journey to the West).

Finally bought Bayonetta for 20USD new this weekend - very fun, stylish game. Trying to finish Pixeljunk Shooter 2 as well!

Glad to hear you enjoyed the 2nd one as much as I did, Squee.

The philosophy this time around wasn't that interesting though. Actually, there wasn't much philosophy involved at all. It was more of an ideal, almost Christian-like, which meant that nothing anyone said or did in the game ever felt as extreme as it did in the first one. I liked how they hadn't let go of Andrew Ryan entirely though, and the museum where Andrew Ryan's objectivistic philosophy is shown from a child's eye view was great.

Uuuh, I also loved the part where you become a Little Sister and see everything through the eyes of the Little Sisters which also explains why they call ADAM-filled corpses angels.

Fuck all the talk about great atmosphere in the Dead Space-franchise. BioShock stomps all over Dead Space and I bet BioShock Infinity will be just as amazing.

The philosophy this time around wasn't that interesting though. Actually, there wasn't much philosophy involved at all. It was more of an ideal, almost Christian-like, which meant that nothing anyone said or did in the game ever felt as extreme as it did in the first one. I liked how they hadn't let go of Andrew Ryan entirely though, and the museum where Andrew Ryan's objectivistic philosophy is shown from a child's eye view was great.

Uuuh, I also loved the part where you become a Little Sister and see everything through the eyes of the Little Sisters which also explains why they call ADAM-filled corpses angels.

Fuck all the talk about great atmosphere in the Dead Space-franchise. BioShock stomps all over Dead Space and I bet BioShock Infinity will be just as amazing.

I respectfully disagree, as I see the two as apples and oranges. Both are great games though, and I am looking forward to BS3 being very interesting.

man im about 3 hours into GoW II, and its already a fantastic and massive improvement over the first....the environments are beautiful, and the addition of flight combat didnt seem overly forced....though i did think it was weird how they conveniently rehashed a ton of powers and just replaced Gods with Titans....but thats a very, very minor criticism.....the intro battle with the Colossus of Rhodes was one of the best boss experiences of all time for me.

btw i know im unforgivably late to this franchise, but it really is some of the most fun ive had with a game in a while, and it has those mind-numbingly frustrating areas or parts reminiscent of oldskool console days...im gonna have to order GoW III now...

also, it has to be made by the creators of Devil May Cry....so many similarities...or am i noting the blatantly obvious?

the first Devil May Cry was one of my favorite PS2 games....shame i didnt know about this franchise at the time...

GoW I-III Studio Santa Monica (division of Sony) DMC 1-4 Capcom (headed by Hideki Kamiya) New DMC game (supposedly due out this year or early next) is being done by Ninja Theory (Heavenly Sword, Enslaved: Journey to the West).

Finally bought Bayonetta for 20USD new this weekend - very fun, stylish game. Trying to finish Pixeljunk Shooter 2 as well!

GoW 3 was made without the creator at the helm. And you can tell from the cutscenes on down.

GoW 3 was made without the creator at the helm. And you can tell from the cutscenes on down.

yeah, I know Jaffe wasn't on board, but Stig did a good job with GoWIII - and I thought the story was fantastic.

Oh - got the Platinum on Killzone 3! Finally broke the Platinum drought after ages (and still have others that are almost there... just need more time to play games!!!)

Guest AcrossCanyons

The last spoilered point you made was my favourite bit in the game I think.

Guest disparaissant

been alternating between dragon age 2 and kirby's epic yarn. DA2 is pretty decent, but not as good as origins. kirby's epic yarn is so cute it hurts! and also a very good platformer. lots of fun cloth-related mechanics.

I cant wait for Dead Space 2 to go down in price..i loved the first one.

it wasn't Silent Hill psychologically scary, but it was definitely an improvement over the Boo-shocks of Resident Evil and F.E.A.R....the sound design is some of the best in any game Ive ever played.

If I want to look into Mass Effect, should I start with the first one, or does it really matter?

If I want to look into Mass Effect, should I start with the first one, or does it really matter?

Lots of events that happen in the first have *some* bearing on the second, I played through the first recently and just started the second and I would definitely recommend playing the first...first.

Man I played 30 minutes of Killzone 3

Everything was blowing up, and on fire, and shooting at me, and yelling, and swearing and particles flying all over the place and I was wrestling with a wierd controller schema...

I turned it off, and I might sell it.

Everything was blowing up, and on fire, and shooting at me, and yelling, and swearing and particles flying all over the place and I was wrestling with a wierd controller schema...

1) That's called war.

2) You can adjust the controls in the Options menu

Congrats on your Killzone 3 plat Joyrex!

I've been playing Two Worlds 2. If you can get past the terrible voice acting, it's not that bad of a game.

it wasn't Silent Hill psychologically scary, but it was definitely an improvement over the Boo-shocks of Resident Evil and F.E.A.R....the sound design is some of the best in any game Ive ever played.

I was REALLY disappointed by it. Actually, the more I played it the more I hated it. It started out alright with a few jumpscares here and there, but if you've played the first Dead Space you'll quickly figure out when the scares come. But after a while the effect wears off and everytime a monster jumps out of its 'monster closet' you'll go, 'Oh...' and then shoot its legs off and then its head. Dead. Boom. Next. But the thing is that the game is not scary at all. A friend of mine actually got mad at me for saying this and pretty much told me that I didn't know how to play video games (lol) and that I lacked the ability to get in touch with the characters and what not. But Dead Space 2 is not a survival horror game - it's a third person shooter with a few scares here and there. I was not once afraid of what was around the next corner or inside the next room, because after a while you know how to deal with monsters and you start to recognize the ambience/soundscapes so you can easily identify what sounds you don't have to pay attention to. And while we're on the subject of sound design; the sounds are great. They're crisp. No doubt about it. But it's so fucking LOUD! All the monsters scream their lungs out, and when you get attacked by five monsters it's five times as loud. It's unbearable. Now when there aren't any monsters on screen you would expect the game to be pretty silent, because... I mean, it's space, right? There's something space and silence or at least that's how I imagine it. Also silence would be a great thing contrary to the noisy monsters... but no. Again, everything is fucking noisy. Everything sounds like it has been turned up to 11 whether it's a machine room or steam coming out from a vent.

There are a couple of levels that aren't jampacked with monsters though and that's pretty cool, but it almost seems as if they ran out of ideas half way through the development and went, 'fuck it, let's just fill this room up with monsters... aaaand do the same with the next one. Yep.' The last couple of hours felt like I was playing Serious Sam.

Another thing that bothered me (sorry, but I really ended up hating this game) was the death scenes. Ok, fuck... I get it, Visceral! You enjoy taking things over the top and frighten moms all over the world with your gory gameplay, but do I really have to watch Isaac getting mouth raped and torn to bits for 15 seconds everytime he dies? This ends up getting extremely tiresome since you will end up dying quite a bit the last couple of hours because of the hordes of monsters they end up throwing at you.

And I'm not trying to be against what everyone else has to say about Dead Space 2 but it ended up being more frustrating than entertaining.

The graphics are great though and it had some pretty fucking epic cutscenes and boss battles.

1) That's called war.

2) You can adjust the controls in the Options menu

1) Sure but they didn't have to make it obnoxious. Its far too chaotic for me, not my thing, sorry.

2) I tried "standard", until I switched to alternate for the later half. I didn't find either schema to work well with me. It boggles my mind that they could adopt the same sort of control schema as COD, Borderlands, or one of the million other video games with similar schemas.

Now if Killzone allowed you to actually map your controls how you wanted, then I'd be the happiest person ever... L1 - zoom, R1 - shoot (yes I know, like alternate scheme) but then i'd make x-cover/jump ... having cover be either R3 or L2 is just weird... its something you will be pressing all day long and they put it in the weirdest spots possible. How often were you like "oh thank god Jump is on x, cuz i have to jump all day long in this game like a platformer?" Reload (square) is fine, I probably would have moved jump to triangle or something, or just done away with jumping altogether.

I wonder how I got through KZ2 honestly...

God of war 2 is great so far, can't believe I never played it. Glad i decided to pick up the ps3 collection. I'm playing on hard and I just beat perseus(way easier than that fucking nightmare gorgon boss fat bitch holy shit that was hard), they gave me his shield but I honestly have no idea what it is used for yet, probably something to do with those eye ray things. I won't play more till tomorrow, don't tell me.

I was REALLY disappointed by it. Actually, the more I played it the more I hated it. It started out alright with a few jumpscares here and there, but if you've played the first Dead Space you'll quickly figure out when the scares come. But after a while the effect wears off and everytime a monster jumps out of its 'monster closet' you'll go, 'Oh...' and then shoot its legs off and then its head. Dead. Boom. Next. But the thing is that the game is not scary at all. A friend of mine actually got mad at me for saying this and pretty much told me that I didn't know how to play video games (lol) and that I lacked the ability to get in touch with the characters and what not. But Dead Space 2 is not a survival horror game - it's a third person shooter with a few scares here and there. I was not once afraid of what was around the next corner or inside the next room, because after a while you know how to deal with monsters and you start to recognize the ambience/soundscapes so you can easily identify what sounds you don't have to pay attention to. And while we're on the subject of sound design; the sounds are great. They're crisp. No doubt about it. But it's so fucking LOUD! All the monsters scream their lungs out, and when you get attacked by five monsters it's five times as loud. It's unbearable. Now when there aren't any monsters on screen you would expect the game to be pretty silent, because... I mean, it's space, right? There's something space and silence or at least that's how I imagine it. Also silence would be a great thing contrary to the noisy monsters... but no. Again, everything is fucking noisy. Everything sounds like it has been turned up to 11 whether it's a machine room or steam coming out from a vent.

There are a couple of levels that aren't jampacked with monsters though and that's pretty cool, but it almost seems as if they ran out of ideas half way through the development and went, 'fuck it, let's just fill this room up with monsters... aaaand do the same with the next one. Yep.' The last couple of hours felt like I was playing Serious Sam.

Another thing that bothered me (sorry, but I really ended up hating this game) was the death scenes. Ok, fuck... I get it, Visceral! You enjoy taking things over the top and frighten moms all over the world with your gory gameplay, but do I really have to watch Isaac getting mouth raped and torn to bits for 15 seconds everytime he dies? This ends up getting extremely tiresome since you will end up dying quite a bit the last couple of hours because of the hordes of monsters they end up throwing at you.

And I'm not trying to be against what everyone else has to say about Dead Space 2 but it ended up being more frustrating than entertaining.

The graphics are great though and it had some pretty fucking epic cutscenes and boss battles.

I could tell this from the demo and canceld my pre-order.. DS1 was awesome but again i got really bored near the end. and sold it.

Like movies, prequels will never be better then the originals.

- -

Im playing NHL11, in New dynasty mode with the LA Kings.. currently 1-5-0 and i have a solid team, but cant win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp-IqJbHV-A&feature=player_embedded

my highlight reel

&

NBA2k11 my player mode just won a championship with the heat.. then opted to sign for the bulls for my 4th season being pro and doing well, my player is nearly upto 80 overall (73) but missed out on rookie of the year and allstar (maybe this year - shooting avg 43.00) so i made another my player with the same guy and got drafted 1st round to Oklahoma, where im doing ok on the summer circuit but defo going to ask for a trade when i can.

198212_135496039852858_100001773882793_209617_2934530_n.jpg

Archived