IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Started up a new run on KOTOR....still pretty fun...but some of the enemies are ridiculously easy and then BAM some droid can freeze you instantly and auto-rape your fallen corpses.

That game..... So good. It can be plowed through by even shitty gamers like me, but at the same time, doesn't fail to give an enriching experience. Solid gameplay, grand story, excellent voice acting... Not to mention "force storm". I even loved part 2, despite it being incomplete.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i never played the second one due to those very criticisms...i do not like incomplete games :p

so this update seems to rectify that? youll have to let me know how it goes

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

anyone else paying the new pacman game on the PSN?

addicted to it right now but damn if it doesnt get me down when i look at the scoreboard and i'm in place 21,125 and the #1 score is something unimaginable. seriously how did you eat 800 ghosts in a row when my top score is 99!!!!

and the constant 'rat-race' of having to upgrade just to play the latest games in a decent quality (or at all).

That's actually gone down quite a lot in the last couple of years, except for Crysis and a few others.

yea, i've only upgraded my pc twice in 5 years, +2Gb ram and a radeon hd 4850 instead of nvidia 7900gt, the only game from which i couldn't get a satisfactory performance was gta 4.

play what you like doesn't cut it, developers who were making decent computers game are forced to indulge fat lazy americans and their 3 button console mashing habits. it went from baldurs gate to dumbass dragon age 2 and mass effects, deus ex to invisible war, no development of decent graphics engines to make pcs truly stand out and so on. it's just a gradual lowering of standard to appeal to the masses, it's horrible and it should be protested.

at least there are more indie games popping up lately..

Guest disparaissant

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/304/index/6661775&lf=8

david gaider lays the smack down on a whiny homophobe who was ~GrOsSeD OuT~ by

anders coming on to his male character

in dragon age 2

The romances in the game are not for "the straight male gamer". They're for everyone. We have a lot of fans, many of whom are neither straight nor male, and they deserve no less attention. We have good numbers, after all, on the number of people who actually used similar sorts of content in DAO and thus don't need to resort to anecdotal evidence to support our idea that their numbers are not insignificant... and that's ignoring the idea that they don't have just as much right to play the kind of game they wish as anyone else. The "rights" of anyone with regards to a game are murky at best, but anyone who takes that stance must apply it equally to both the minority as well as the majority. The majority has no inherent "right" to get more options than anyone else.

(...)

And if there is any doubt why such an opinion might be met with hostility, it has to do with privilege. You can write it off as "political correctness" if you wish, but the truth is that privilege always lies with the majority. They're so used to being catered to that they see the lack of catering as an imbalance. They don't see anything wrong with having things set up to suit them, what's everyone's fuss all about? That's the way it should be, any everyone else should be used to not getting what they want.

i think i want to play it again lol. just because of this comment.

no one cares i know. i will shut up now.

Guest disparaissant

lol

there should have been much more focus in on making sure us male gamers were happy.

yeah that slayed me. also all girls play the sims. every single one.

I found it funny. Thanks Kaini, forget these fucking ungrateful bastards. You didn't ruin their day, they ruined their own goddamned day by being all up in arms about a video you innocently posted for other peoples enjoyment. But OH NO... it's not good enough for them. No internet memes or lolpenis, just someone having a crack, amusing themself by making a video of something they enjoy with some silly commentary. Fuck this. It should banned. Motherfuckers. Fucking with my head.

lol, lolpenis

I like Kaini. But the video guy was unfunny in a way I guess that reminded us complainers of ourselves in situations where we tried to be funny and didn't succeed. Hence the need to pelt him with rocks.

It was the fact that he exaggerated what we all think while playing the game for humourous effect. He put it on display and that's why it's funny. It's juvenile but fun humour, the way more Lets Play/Walthroughs should be done if you ask me. But I don't want to be a bore and explain why things are funny so you know, different strokes for different folks etc. Except me and Kaini's stroke is obviously far better of course!

The shelves were re-stocked at Walmart today so I bought a Playstation Move controller and a navigation controller today along with Playstation Move Heroes. Played it at my buddies house first. Seems pretty cool. Will get a second Move controller and Sports Champions when I get paid next at the end of the month. Now I can finally use the PS Move controller charger that I won from PSU.com. Nothin' like a free gaming accessory.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Dear lord mother of christ, I helped my holmie build a 16 hundred dolla newegg machine and played Crysis 2 on it. 32x Anti Aliasing with everything jacked flawless 90+FPS SO BEAUTIFUL even in directX 9.0c that Nvidia 580 displays godliness. So smooth and buttery. It was like seeing heaven and walking back to purgatory going from that to playing on my now mediocre-ish machine (even though the game is far far more optimized than Crysis one and Warhead and still plays really well), can't imagine going from that to playing it on consoles with the shitty controls/low fidelity by comparison. They definitely improved the AI a lot from the almost 2 month old leak dramatically from the half an hour my jaw was dropped trading off on the release build campaign. Really disappointed they didn't add CO-OP. Hopefully someone will make a CO-OP mod because New York Nanosuit mercing on mass fools is good fun.

All my irl nerd friends were too patient to play the Crysis 2 fake lan leak MP so I waited till it came out to fully get into it. Fucking fun FPS, much more entertaining gameplay to Call Of Duty anymore. Glad they ripped of CODs MP Ranking/upgrade system. It's nice having parties but be able to go into selected real pinged dedicated servers with ranked games. I really don't understand why they refused to adopt dedicated servers for high budget console MP blockbusters. Anyway, I'm still drunk/stoned, no work tomorrow can't wait to wake up and play some more C2 MP with some IRL PC homies.

Pretty sure I'm buying an arcade stick for SF2HDRemix and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 on 360. Finally going to buy Limbo too.

anyone else paying the new pacman game on the PSN?

addicted to it right now but damn if it doesnt get me down when i look at the scoreboard and i'm in place 21,125 and the #1 score is something unimaginable. seriously how did you eat 800 ghosts in a row when my top score is 99!!!!

I like it a lot too, although I haven't had the time as of recent to play it further...

I finally beat god of war 2 and now the 3rd one makes so much more sense. It starts exactly where the 2nd game ended. Now I have to go play the first one because I completely forget what happened there, it has been years since I've played it. Kind of fun playing games in reverse, I'd like to do that with the metal gear solid series, haven't played the second one in years either and I just bought a used copy that doesn't work at all.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

LOL that is hilarious. I can understand his frustration a bit though, they shouldn't have even released Crysis 2 ps3, Crytek said they didn't like developing for it and couldn't get it as optimized as they wanted.

Crysis 2 MP on PC is very fun, smooth, addictive and beautiful but if they don't add more maps with more varied gameplay it's going to get a little old in a few months. I'm happy they made the MP and the game in general more focused than the original but I wish they would have done at least 2 huge maps with vehicles similar to how Crysis 1 MP was.

i actually bought dragon age and da2 after beating mass effect but I'm having a hard time getting in to them. If this is what happened to the people that made baldurs gate, where is the pseudo-hardcore rpg these days? everything seems to be decided for you, and you cant really explore anything. after playing through ff13, fable 3, and both mass effect games this year, my interest in rpgs is really starting to wane. I have a WoW account, but come on, if mmorpgs are the last bastion of content heavy rpgs i think i might just quit playing video games.

I've been replaying Final Fantasy IV (Final Fantasy II, American). What a great game. When the dwarven forces sweep down in their airships to save the day, it gives me chills.

Massive jazz:

Just finished Doom 3 - I'll rate it 3.5/5

I know I'm 6 years late to this but i typed up a mini review so.... :

Doom 3:

I really actually liked the game in the end. Main gripe being the samey layout (same ol military complex vibe), but it does change about 80% thru the game so I'll give them that. Liked the weapons, the story was good, the voice acting in the pda logs was REALLY good, very convincing. I liked the use of the pda's in general, and the comical martianbuddy.com stuff. I thought the Hell Guardian boss was the hardest, only because I couldn't figure out that you had to hit the light above him, until after like 20 tries. Beyond that, most the bosses were pretty easy, Sarge being 2nd hardest only because he keeps painting you nonstop with bfg shots. Final boss was pretty easy imo, but enjoyable to play, so not *too easy*.

(Rest of the review in spoiler)

I really liked the "Easter egg" pda on the id cube you push right before the last boss. All the hidden stuff throughout the game was quite nice actually. All of the vent shafts, etc. I would always get excited to see a pda, nice way to deliver a lot of the story. I only looked at a walkthrough guide once, and it ended up it was because i had missed someone's pda that was preventing me from unlocking something. Other than that, it was usually pretty straightforward as to where to go next. Not too much back tracking, which is good. The scare tactics never really wear off and I was still screaming at monsters popping out towards the end.

Hell was "quite good", I liked that you had max stamina all the time. The layout in general was epic. I also really liked the ruins at the final part of the game, really cool. I liked the background story of the discovered tablets too. Ending was a bit of a let down, but game endings pretty much always are. I guess there's going to be a follow up, probably on earth by the way things were leading, and Betruger is still alive. Basically, all of the maps/scenery from Hell onwards I really enjoyed. The excavation shafts had a lot of ladders and fun places, and were a welcome change up.

Good (but scary) times. Fav. weapon was a tie between shotgun and plasma gun. If the plasma gun held a lil more ammo per cell, that woulda been nice. Otherwise, shotgun was useful up until the very last levels, made it very enjoyable. I never found a lot of use for the rocket launcher beyond hitting enemies that were really far away. . BFG was awesome but limited use. Pistol was really good for killing spiders, and those winged demon babies from a distance. Machine gun was good for a while after you get it, but becomes pretty useless, not enough damage. Gatling gun was good for stronger enemies but it was hard to see where I was aiming. Grenades were grenades and useful.

Guest Gravity

Good timing, they're going to show off Doom 4 for the first time at this year's QuakeCon. August 4th to the 11th.

Guest analogue wings

i actually bought dragon age and da2 after beating mass effect but I'm having a hard time getting in to them. If this is what happened to the people that made baldurs gate, where is the pseudo-hardcore rpg these days? everything seems to be decided for you, and you cant really explore anything. after playing through ff13, fable 3, and both mass effect games this year, my interest in rpgs is really starting to wane. I have a WoW account, but come on, if mmorpgs are the last bastion of content heavy rpgs i think i might just quit playing video games.

yeah i'd like mass effect a lot more if it was an actual rpg. i was enjoying da1., probably 3/4 through it, but then i reformatted my pc and 2 weeks later i realised i hadnt reinstalled da. then i realised i didnt give a shit.

guess i'll wait and see how much they dumb down elder scrolls 5. already know the story will be generic shit.

i wish they made games for adults. not elves n goblins fanfic with swearing and lezzo fantasies for 27 year old basement dwellers, but actual adults.

imagine a china mieville game in the elder scrolls engine. or a james ellroy game in the gta4 engine. how sweet would that be?

Good timing, they're going to show off Doom 4 for the first time at this year's QuakeCon. August 4th to the 11th.

w00t!

Just read this from John Carmack

Doom 4 is being built on id Software's id Tech 5 game engine. Gameplay-wise the game is set to resemble the action-orientation of the classic Doom games more than the horror style of Doom 3

I'm down with that. I think that's what I was really missing.

Archived