Sign in to follow this  
Rubin Farr

What video games are you currently playing?

Guest iep

DoDonPanchi - MAME

NICE. one of the best shmups ever and Cave's best effort imo.

Guest ansgaria

Skyrim.

Fantastically epic shit. I'm afraid I'll never see the end of it though since there's so much shit to do. Fuck.

Guest iep

DoDonPanchi - MAME

NICE. one of the best shmups ever and Cave's best effort imo.

the ps2 sequel, "dondonpachi daioujou" (best onomatopeic title ever), is worthwhile as well

Guest Adam

Skyrim.

Fantastically epic shit. I'm afraid I'll never see the end of it though since there's so much shit to do. Fuck.

don't worry, you'll probably get bored of it after ~200 hours.

Guest ansgaria

Skyrim.

don't worry, you'll probably get bored of it after ~200 hours.

At first thought, I'm okay with that. I can't really name a game I wouldn't be fucking tired of after 200 hours of continuous playing.

i wanna play that soo bad but i dont have 2 friends who have good enough computers lol seriously ppl its 2012 get a good computer already!!!!

look at all these buddies i got on binding of isaac lol

PWN3S.jpg

the red 1 shoots red bloods the maggot does a flying attack and does mega dmg the black 1 shoots black oil and slows badguys down the red maggot gives me extra hearts

i was doing so good but i died on the last lvl :(

have you gotten to sheol yet?

look at all these buddies i got on binding of isaac lol

PWN3S.jpg

the red 1 shoots red bloods the maggot does a flying attack and does mega dmg the black 1 shoots black oil and slows badguys down the red maggot gives me extra hearts

i was doing so good but i died on the last lvl :(

omg MAX remender yesterday when i got to THE SHOAL and BEAT THE DEVIL CUZ I WAS DR FETUS

tried to unpack and plug in my PS2 for some mindless rpg action but it wont fucking greenlight....AUUUGHHH

Guest disparaissant

Creeeeeeeeeeeepy.

I've been playing Frozen Synapse a ton. Fuuuuuck its hard.

Guest viscosity

i need to play more of that game. i challenge you to a duel once i get really really good

Assassins Creed: Revelations

I really love the setting. But they seriously need to change up the formula a bit. Not much new.

I also borrowed my brothers copy of MW3.

It's the exact same game all over again.

I'm getting sick of sequels.

Guest viscosity

yeah but consider all new medals and trophies, atleast there's some incentive

Guest bitroast

Played through Sonic 3 and Knuckles (sonic 3 followed by Sonic and Knuckles) last night with my brother. Stayed up pretty late, only to get up to this lame boss at the end where you flip gravity to drop spike bombs on the enemy. The whole thing felt lame and kinda underwhelming so we gave up.

Sonic CD was better, I believe:)

Played through Sonic 3 and Knuckles (sonic 3 followed by Sonic and Knuckles) last night with my brother. Stayed up pretty late, only to get up to this lame boss at the end where you flip gravity to drop spike bombs on the enemy. The whole thing felt lame and kinda underwhelming so we gave up.

Sonic CD was better, I believe:)

Wait what ?

Sonic 3 is one of my favorite games ever, I've been playing it for more than 10 years now and it never got old ! I didn't played Sonic and Knuckles that much but the atmosphere of both games is amazing, the level design is great, the music is top notch. One of the few games I still enjoy as much as I did 10+ years ago.

Thanks.

*go and plug the Megadrive*

Edited by StocKo

Guest bitroast

no no, it was the anti-gravity / spike bomb boss in particular that felt cheap and lame. the games are both amazing. i'd have to say sonic and knuckles was more enjoyable than sonic 3, but they're both really amazing and i love them both :):)

(sonic 3 has the carnival red/white drum moment. i know now how to pass the bit, by moving controller up and down. but for >>years<< i have never been able to pass that level because i assumed you had to jump to control the moving the drum up and down. it's kind of a design flaw, because you're introduced and taught the mechanics of the red/white drum by landing on it and jumping a whole lot. so that felt cheap and crappy. also, the snow level felt kind of cheap. sonic 3 has good levels but it also has some really cheap bullshit moments.)

(this criticism does not reflect my overall love for these games. i still love these games.)

Oh you reassure me then :P

(sonic 3 has the carnival red/white drum moment. i know now how to pass the bit, by moving controller up and down. but for >>years<< i have never been able to pass that level because i assumed you had to jump to control the moving the drum up and down. it's kind of a design flaw, because you're introduced and taught the mechanics of the red/white drum by landing on it and jumping a whole lot. so that felt cheap and crappy

This, exactly this ! I used to be so frustrated about that bit... It was an awesome feeling to discover this trick after years, finally get over it, beat the boss and enter the two new levels ! Such a great moment :sup:

Also agree with the 5th level being less inspired than the others and kind of repetitive...But it has also one of the best music of the game imo.

The first two episodes, as well as the GBA one had some great moments too but it never came close to Sonic 3...Do anyone know some other Sonic game that are at least that good ? Please let me know, I'm falling into Sonic nostalgia again :wub: Thanks.

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

Just bought Frozen Synapse in the Steam sales, been meaning to buy it since first playing the demo. I also got a free copy with it, but I doubt any of my friends would want to play it so if anyone here wants it, let me know and I'll be happy to give it to you (I'll also throw in a 25% off any Valve game voucher as I'll never use it).

Edited by Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

yo check this out