IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Thane died...he was the only guy i couldn't get loyal...his mission was confusing as hell. Garrus got hit and I almost flipped my shit but he made it out alright.

Killed the T2 robot and then told off Illusive Man bigtime....guy was a straight up dick.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there folks

I have enough MSpoints for an arcade game, but I'm not sure about which one should I pick. Could you please suggest some of your favourite xbla games? i'm looking forward a long-replayable game. I'm tempted to buy Castlevania: Symphony of the Night but I'm not sure

Hi there folks

I have enough MSpoints for an arcade game, but I'm not sure about which one should I pick. Could you please suggest some of your favourite xbla games? i'm looking forward a long-replayable game. I'm tempted to buy Castlevania: Symphony of the Night but I'm not sure

If you haven't played LIMBO yet. Then go buy that shit right now! It's not very long though. But still worth every penny.

Or maybe look into some of these games:

Rez HD

Braid

Hydro Thunder

Shadow Complex

BionicCommando:Rearmed

Streets of Rage 2

Geometry Wars Evolved²

N+

Ikaruga

Castle Crashers

Battlefield 1943

Lara Croft: GoL

For longevity/replayability, I would pick Shadow Complex.

No doubt it's been mentioned in this thread or others already, but has anyone played Blade Runner on pc? I found a copy of it recently in an opshop ("thrift store" for you americans) been really digging the atmosphere of it. Some of the gameplay is a bit iffy but still a great game

blade.jpg

YES i played that at a friends house when i was like 12 IT WAS THE GREATEST THING EVER

Feel like this game should've been part of my childhood...always loved Blade Runner + adventure games + the timing fits as this came out round about the time of Curse of Monkey Island & Grim Fandango bit later (only the 2 best games ever). Might be too early to call this yet, but I think you might be right!

I really liked the way the lighting worked in the voxel-based rendering. it was also the first game I ever played that had multiple endings based on your choices. it was both faithful to and divergent from the movie, in that it captured the feel of it but the story itself was a different one, albeit set in the same universe and with some of the same characters.

The way the fog fx interact with the characters as they emerge into lit areas, totally nailed this aspect from the movie. It says on the cover "the first real time 3D adventure game" lol...wasn't sure what that meant but you've cleared that one up for me. Real-time though? That's pushing it hehe

one of the little details I loved was that if you go to Ray's apartment and hang out in the balcony overlooking a murky, flickering beam-lit drop, a really nice moody tune plays that I think is a recreation of one of the original movie scores.

I actually stopped playing to admire that for a moment

It sounds so much like the Vangelis' version. Awesome for a recreation. They mustn't have been able to get the rights to the original score?

Re: music fitting the mood, I like when this plays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqXB67dLCbY

I finally started playing LA Noire. Bleurgh, so disappointing. LIE. DOUBT.TRUTH. CASE X: Hmmm... the perp seems to be holding back some info. Press "doubt". INCORRECT. Reload, press "lie". CORRECT. CASE XX: Hmmm... the perp seems to be holding some info back. Press "lie". INCORRECT. Reload, press "doubt". CORRECT. FUCK YOU SHITTY GAME WASTE OF MONEY. Rock paper scissors, the 50's edition.

Well I loved the shit out of L.A. Noire, despite it being really repetitive, and the gameplay was kind of flawed. You probably should be able to have some enjoyment out of the setting/story/characters/voice-acting etc... They really nailed those things.

sound...

the Metal Gear HD collection is delayed till feb 3rd for europe... everywhere else got it more than 3 months ago apparently.

Been enjoying Shadow of the Colossus/Ico HD thing though, SotC seems a bit repetitive, once the initial shock has worn off.

I finally started playing LA Noire. Bleurgh, so disappointing. LIE. DOUBT.TRUTH. CASE X: Hmmm... the perp seems to be holding back some info. Press "doubt". INCORRECT. Reload, press "lie". CORRECT. CASE XX: Hmmm... the perp seems to be holding some info back. Press "lie". INCORRECT. Reload, press "doubt". CORRECT. FUCK YOU SHITTY GAME WASTE OF MONEY. Rock paper scissors, the 50's edition.

Me too, just started. I actually am enjoying it but I didn't have high expectations. I think I am enjoying it more for the atmosphere and story than anything. The game, if boiled down to actual game abstraction, rules, winning scenarios, dynamics etc. is just a steaming pile of nothing, but fuck if it isn't a nice experience. Kind of like heavy rain.

Also just finished dead space 2. Fucking awesome, I the part when you go back to the ishimura, that was creepy as fuck.

I started playing fallout new vegas and accidentally killed the first lady I went on a mission with to kill the lizards, she fucking like jumped down a cliff and was getting attacked by them so I tried to kill them and just ended up 1-shotting her. But whatever, thats what the game is about, no going back, just fly with it. I've never reloaded a save in a game like this and I never will, fuck anyone who says otherwise.

still need to finish uncharted 1(got stuck on the boss guy on the ship) and start mass effect 2.

Was anyone else here disappointed with zero punctuation's top 5. I mean, infamous 2? Over dead space 2, batman, uncharted 3, dark souls, la noire, ass creed, witcher 2, amnesia? come on! Seriously.... and I mean driver san francisco at number 2? I haven't played it but it looks kind of repetitive and silly.

ahh another new vegas player! welcome aboard! im currently lvl 8 (going on 9), and just went through Nipton.....stumbled upon a site with a ton of Reavers and barely made it out alive...gonna come back to that later.

Deathclaws are such a bitch in this game. I have no idea how to combat them aside from try to sneak a critical shot from a perch thats inaccessible to them.

yeah man, they are hella tougher. FO3 once you were lvl 20+ you could put down deathclaws easy. The New Vegas deathclaws seem to have a far, far higher damage resistance.

Seems weird that people want to hate it so much when the last 10 years of FPS games seem completely the same, bar small cosmetic changes. Fuck, even GTA has followed the same formula for years now. I fucking adored LA Noire and all my friends totally hated it. This is probably a douchey hunch but I watched several friends play it and they all sucked so hard. A week later: "Nah man that game sucks... it's all the same..." I finished it in a week getting nothing under 4 stars on every case, first try. I just enjoy these puzzles much more than any FPS (which I can't play at all.) Also the game isn't REALLY about reloading to get all the correct answers, it's about the writing, the style, and the story! Nice and refreshing!

Archived