IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

I absolutely loved LA Noire, and may be one of the only people on earth that wish it was longer. I wish they didn't remove the burglary desk. There was another desk they removed too, and I wanna play it damnit. After beating the game, I immediately went and got all of the available dlc.

I'll be starting a game in New Vegas after I finish Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands. Which is a pretty cool game. And I bought it for a whopping $7.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im torn as to whether i should purchase LA Noire based on what ive seen said here and other places...im not a huge fan of GTA sandboxes..they seem to get old veryquickly for me personally...but then again, L.A. Confidential is one of my favorite movies and I have a strong feeling this game captures a lot of that atmosphere.

im torn as to whether i should purchase LA Noire based on what ive seen said here and other places...im not a huge fan of GTA sandboxes..they seem to get old veryquickly for me personally...but then again, L.A. Confidential is one of my favorite movies and I have a strong feeling this game captures a lot of that atmosphere.

Correct.

It's one of my favourite films as well, and I reallly adore the visual aspect of film noir. I don't feel it delivers, especially on the film noir promise, I tried playing it in b&w, but stylistically it's not there. everything but the facial animations in this game feels stiff / fake, there's no immersion. I only did the reload thing in the beginning to get a feel for the mechanics of it. If the game didn't tell me I got questions wrong it would've been much more interesting.

this might be a longshot, but could anyone maybe link me to a review of Noire that seems pretty honest/straight to the point? the only one Ive seen is by Yahtzee, where, while entertaining, isn't really informative at all.

Maybe it is better than I give it credit for, I think I'm mostly pissed because I feel the makers didn't trust the players to think for themselves.

this might be a longshot, but could anyone maybe link me to a review of Noire that seems pretty honest/straight to the point? the only one Ive seen is by Yahtzee, where, while entertaining, isn't really informative at all.

Pretty spot on review.

Now that I'm watching that review again I suddenly rememebred how brutal a game LA Noire is. It's not just the violence but the fact that a lot of the cases are about rape, pyromaniacs etc. It might have its hiccups but it's one of the few games I've played that's not afraid of letting the player know that this is a game for a mature audience.

Guest disparaissant

Yeah, definitely has hiccups, but to elaborate on your point, it's one of the only games I've played that is mature without being paradoxically juvenile (lookin at you, GTA!)

There's some really brutal, awful stuff in it, and it's handled very well.

Yeah, definitely has hiccups, but to elaborate on your point, it's one of the only games I've played that is mature without being paradoxically juvenile (lookin at you, GTA!)

Yeah, it definitely helps video games step out of the 'toy'-sphere and hopefully helps average-joe to understand that video games aren't just for kids.

Yeah, it definitely helps video games step out of the 'toy'-sphere and hopefully helps average-joe to understand that video games aren't just for kids.

This.

I really loved the game, amazing atmosphere and story.

so im lvl. 15, almost into New Vegas, and I came across this psychic kid named The Forecaster...man his life was depressing...I felt so much empathy towards a fictional character...long time since that's happened.

so im lvl. 15, almost into New Vegas, and I came across this psychic kid named The Forecaster...man his life was depressing...I felt so much empathy towards a fictional character...long time since that's happened.

I'm getting excited now to play New Vegas. I'll start a game once I beat Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands.

But for the last couple days I haven't been playing games, I've been making music to submit to One On Twoism Volume 5.

yeah, FO3 and FNV are some amazing games...I personally prefer the atmosphere and story to the fantasy of the Elder Scrolls series (even though they are in a very, VERY close second..and I haven't played Skyrim yet so I might be completely wrong)....but Bethesda seriously needs to bugfix this shit way before it gets released.

oh ya, Elder Scrolls is much better imo. Skyrim was absolutely amazing. I loved every second of it. There were a few bugs, none of which i encountered. like dragons flying backwards n' stuff. I never saw any of that. The only problem I had was the game would lag whenever I was in town in Whiterun. not all the time, but lots. The game is still perfectly playable. I highly recommend it.

And ya, "Bethesda seriously needs to bugfix this shit way before it gets released." this is true. but the problem is that the games are so massive it would be incredibly difficult to find and fix any specific bugs out there in that massive world.

After a year and half hiatus (and influenced by my housemate playing Skyrim) I've got back to playing Fallout 3 again. I'm continuing a save about 25 hours in and I'm just stunned by my previous idiocy about how I'd been playing it - How I got this far without knowing that you can repair items by just getting more than one of them and then 'combining' them I have no idea :emb:

Guest Enter a new display name

Now playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (not the Australian or the European version, of course LOL)

This game is great! I'm loving it!

Now playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (not the Australian or the European version, of course LOL)

This game is great! I'm loving it!

Make sure when you fight Shaft, you don't just kill him...

i think i understood about 5 solid seconds of that.

My brain started bleeding after the 'MR PRESIDENT'-part

Also, Eminem sounds extremely retarded at the 1:58 mark...

Archived