IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

So, I want to get into Stalker but I have no idea where to start. Can anyone recommend me which one would be best and any accessible mods to go with it. I'm looking for atmosphere, and I like the idea of survivability.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

What a boring game. Why can't there be any good games in the summer...

A friend of mine bought it for me a couple of days ago so I feel kinda obliged to play it, but they seem to have removed everything I loved about the GRAW games. The first 30 minutes have been nothing but all guns blazing and people blowing shit up. In GRAW (at least the first one) every shot and every kill counted for something. Now it's just, 'let's smoke some fools!' *chest bump*

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

What a boring game. Why can't there be any good games in the summer...

A friend of mine bought it for me a couple of days ago so I feel kinda obliged to play it, but they seem to have removed everything I loved about the GRAW games. The first 30 minutes have been nothing but all guns blazing and people blowing shit up. In GRAW (at least the first one) every shot and every kill counted for something. Now it's just, 'let's smoke some fools!' *chest bump*

Exactly. The GRAW games where so much fun. But This game has been so dumbed down, It's become a generic third-person-shooter. And I hate the silly attempt of trying to make a story and characters. Ghost Recon doesn't need that.

But I will say the games gets slightly more tactical further into the game. But still... It's nowhere near being as good as the old Ghost Recon games.

I recently re-activated my Steam account. Just curious, should I play L4D1 before L4D2? Also is it worth playing if I don't have any friends who play it?

still SoC. I was mucking about in the Army Warehouses area last night. I'm considering either a) doing a sidemission to the Dark Valley, b) exploring Yantar or c) doing the main mission and going to Agroprom.

Due (I hope) to eyestrain, I read this as "I was mucking around in Amy Winehouse's area last night. I'm considering either a) doing a sidemission to the Dark Valley, b) exploring Yantar or c) doing the main mission and going to Agropr0n."

There was one treasure chest chase on Rayman Origins that had a bug, it annoyed me so much I stopped playing.

A great game other than that though.

I beat them all... was it not a bug where it wouldn't let you beat the level (I played on PS3 in case the bug was on the 360 version).

There was one treasure chest chase on Rayman Origins that had a bug, it annoyed me so much I stopped playing.

I totally don't get Rayman Origins. All the enemies just stand there motionless while you run past everything. I love platformers,... But I just don't get this game:/

Erm, I think you may have played a different game than the rest of us... most enemies are proximity-driven, or have patterns...

Guest Roksen Creek

I beat them all... was it not a bug where it wouldn't let you beat the level (I played on PS3 in case the bug was on the 360 version).

I had the PS3 version too.

It was the pirate's treasure chest. I would do the level perfectly, and I mean perfectly, but on the final mast the camera would just pan right all of a sudden and kill me instantly.

At first I thought it must be something I was doing wrong but I googled it and lo and behold others were complaining about the glitch. It only seemed to happen to some, and some said they resolved it by exiting the level and re-entering, some said they tried it for like 50 odd times and for some unknown reason the glitch just disappeared.

I just left it alone in the hope of a patch. Not sure if it was ever patched but I've sold the game since. I know I could have kept playing the other levels and for the other trophies, but I was really annoyed that I let a game frustrate me so much and it wasn't even my fault!

To be honest I've never really recovered and haven't gamed much since, lol. I'm a broken gamer, and I just started playing Dark Souls around that time too! That was the last thing I needed to cheer me up!

I recently re-activated my Steam account. Just curious, should I play L4D1 before L4D2? Also is it worth playing if I don't have any friends who play it?

I had a week long shut down recently at my job, so I brought my laptop to work and played L4D2 for a day. Since my job blocks steam, I had to play offline. I got maybe 4 hours of enjoyment out of it. I'd say it's not worth it unless you have some friends to play with, but then again, I haven't tried it myself since.

Guest Frankie5fingers

I had a week long shut down recently at my job, so I brought my laptop to work and played L4D2 for a day. Since my job blocks steam, I had to play offline. I got maybe 4 hours of enjoyment out of it. I'd say it's not worth it unless you have some friends to play with, but then again, I haven't tried it myself since.

trust me, if you don't have anyone to play with just skip it. its really is a multiplayer focused game and there are much better Single-player survival zombie games to choose from.

Thanks guys!

Caught my eye originally because it was 75% off. Will be skipping this one.

I totally don't get Rayman Origins. All the enemies just stand there motionless while you run past everything. I love platformers,... But I just don't get this game:/

Erm, I think you may have played a different game than the rest of us... most enemies are proximity-driven, or have patterns...

indeed, the enemies don't just stand there motionless! And if you just run past everything in the levels, you won't get a very good score (or collect enough Lums to actually advance through the whole game...). I just beat the last level yesterday -- really fun game, front to back. Didn't encounter any glitches (i was playing the wii version).

Now it's time to finish playing through Riven on the iPad. It's just as tricky as I remember it... base 25 addition system with colors and noises embedded into each rackafrackin digit, and i lost a page of my notes... *mumble grumble*

god im becoming such a huge fucking Fallout nerd its ridiculous.

i think i might save up to buy yet again another copy of F:NV, but for my PC to take advantage of the custom radio station mod, among many other things...god wtf is wrong with me.

Anyone here have PS+? I was wondering if any of the free games besides LBP2 are worth the 6 hour download.

Yeah. Thats fucking long! Um, laura croft is an amazing game. Just cause 2, was that on there? Infamous 2. I don't know I downloaded all of them.

Guest Iain C

Crusader Kings 2 - the best strategy game I've played in years. I've united all of Britain under the Irish flag, despite my king being a ginger inbred homosexual.

Got myself into a bit of a classic star wars bender.. First Jedi Outcast, now Kotor 2 and Dark Forces 2. Thinking about checking out Tie Fighter.

Guest Pennywise

Thanks guys!

wtf l4d is awesome. big mistake

Thanks guys!

There are advantages to the single player I.e. your teammates actually come to your aid when requested. A blind online match, even with friends can sometime leave you in the lurch. The NPCs have a lesser sense of self preservation than your buddies. And they don't always steal the best loot in weapons rooms.

Anyone here have PS+? I was wondering if any of the free games besides LBP2 are worth the 6 hour download.

InFamous 2 is pretty good... depends if you are in the UK or US - UK gets FIFA 12, grrr...

GnGTitle.jpg

:cerious:

Great game - I preferred the original Ghouls N' Ghosts on the Genesis/Mega Drive - just as hard as Ghosts N' Goblins was in the arcades/NES.

Archived