IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Guest Ron Manager

My gf just got me a Nintendo 64. It's awesome, I've been playing games I haven't played in a decade. So far I've got Goldeneye, Mario Kart, Rayman 2, and 1080, with more classics on the way via eBay (both Zeldas, Perfect Dark, Mario, etc.). Any tips for less well-known N64 gems?

Was disappointed to find out that NFL Blitz wasn't released on PAL!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My gf just got me a Nintendo 64. It's awesome, I've been playing games I haven't played in a decade. So far I've got Goldeneye, Mario Kart, Rayman 2, and 1080, with more classics on the way via eBay (both Zeldas, Perfect Dark, Mario, etc.). Any tips for less well-known N64 gems?

Star Fox 64 man.

Guest jasondonervan

I haven't played Fallout 3 in years, not since leaving it behind on the 360. That's all changed, as I've finally got around to it again on PC, with all the associated modding potential that brings to the table. I've spent a good few days tweaking various mods, but I think I'm in a good place now (certainly no more crashing to desktop, fingers crossed). Very pleased to be getting results like this:

23w8ni9.jpg

6iqhp1.jpg

Star Fox 64 man.

Blast Corps

F Zero X

South Park

Smash Bros

Guest Frankie5fingers

Star Fox 64 man.

Blast Corps

F Zero X

South Park

Smash Bros

Jet Force Gemini

banjo-kazooie

donkey kong country

Guest viscosity

Star Fox 64 man.

Blast Corps

F Zero X

South Park

Smash Bros

Jet Force Gemini

banjo-kazooie

donkey kong country

might want to checkout Shadowgate 64: Trials of the Four Towers

also Wave Race

Back playing DoD:S for the first time in a couple years.

dod.jpg

I always liked how soft and innocent the soldiers look in this game.

I haven't played Fallout 3 in years, not since leaving it behind on the 360. That's all changed, as I've finally got around to it again on PC, with all the associated modding potential that brings to the table. I've spent a good few days tweaking various mods, but I think I'm in a good place now (certainly no more crashing to desktop, fingers crossed). Very pleased to be getting results like this:

23w8ni9.jpg

Very nice. My computer is shit so I modded team fortress 2 to look like minecraft. Quite pleased with the results.

jTk4e.jpg

SW The Old Republic has now officially admitted it is a big bucket of fail. Free to play coming soon up to level 50. Lucasarts must really be taking a bath, I've read budget estimates from $200-500 million.

dayz-600x300.jpg

I keep reading about this here. Is it worth purchasing ARMA II for? I've actually been meaning to check that game out also. What's the mod like? Looks like a hardcore, more open-ended version of Left 4 Dead

There's a full-fledged Day Z game coming in a couple months I think. May not be worth buying ARMA 2 at this point if you want to play Day Z.

http://www.digitalsp...raft-model.html

Any rumours of it coming to consoles at some point?

I would love that. But not likely, I know.

Guest Frankie5fingers

SW The Old Republic has now officially admitted it is a big bucket of fail. Free to play coming soon up to level 50. Lucasarts must really be taking a bath, I've read budget estimates from $200-500 million.

yeah, ive been playing that game since launch. was in several beta tests. i F'ing love it but not many people else did. i was in the largest guild on one server and literally in two weeks of launch it completely disbanded. on top of that about 75% of the servers are completely empty. lol. HUGE FLOP. its surprising that even after all this time, no one can compete with WoW.

dayz-600x300.jpg

I keep reading about this here. Is it worth purchasing ARMA II for? I've actually been meaning to check that game out also. What's the mod like? Looks like a hardcore, more open-ended version of Left 4 Dead

There's a full-fledged Day Z game coming in a couple months I think. May not be worth buying ARMA 2 at this point if you want to play Day Z.

Gaming companies are fast so there are already similar games popping up such as.... War Z. Yeah, I kid you not. War Z. Anyway, I heard rumours that they wanted to port it to consoles.

http://thewarz.com/

yeah, ive been playing that game since launch. was in several beta tests. i F'ing love it but not many people else did. i was in the largest guild on one server and literally in two weeks of launch it completely disbanded. on top of that about 75% of the servers are completely empty. lol. HUGE FLOP. its surprising that even after all this time, no one can compete with WoW.

Nah, what's surprising is that everyone is doing what WoW is/was doing. The new Elder Scrolls MMO will definitely be the last one of its kind before we some kind of change to the whole MMO scene.

dayz-600x300.jpg

Gaming companies are fast so there are already similar games popping up such as.... War Z. Yeah, I kid you not. War Z. Anyway, I heard rumours that they wanted to port it to consoles.

Some of those screenshots actually look really cool.

I don't know about the PS3. But I can't really think of any Xbox 360 MMO's. Maybe it's next-gen?

dayz-600x300.jpg

Some of those screenshots actually look really cool.

I don't know about the PS3. But I can't really think of any Xbox 360 MMO's. Maybe it's next-gen?

Yeah, I heard that it was coming for the PS3, but I think it's only rumours...

stalker with the complete 2009 mod made my GPU overheat and suddenly shut down my computer last night and now i'm afraid to play it, just when it was getting interesting. fuck.

dayz-600x300.jpg

Nah, what's surprising is that everyone is doing what WoW is/was doing. The new Elder Scrolls MMO will definitely be the last one of its kind before we some kind of change to the whole MMO scene.

EA admitted today less than one million players left. I bet more people saw The Phantom Menace 3D.

http://m.kotaku.com/5930634/star-wars-the-old-republic-now-has-fewer-than-a-million-subscribers

I'v been playing so much fallout 3 the last couple of weeks that i'm starting too look at people in V.A.T.S. mode

Truelly one of the greatest games ever and the music is pure madness!

Guest Frankie5fingers

I'v been playing so much fallout 3 the last couple of weeks that i'm starting too look at people in V.A.T.S. mode

Truelly one of the greatest games ever and the music is pure madness!

the reason the music is so great is that those are real songs. at least, thats what makes it so creepy for me. definitely in my top RPG games.

YES FALLOUT YESS UGHHHHHHH ORGASMS

Ive been playing the New Vegas addons, did Honest Hearts first...story was very straightforward, joshua graham is a pretty cool character and getting his armor at the end is fantastic (+5 Crit Chance, light armor with 15 DT!)...all the cool new "aid" stuff was interesting as well.

but the best part of this add on was the rain!! the rain, more imagery in the wasteland (fish in the water?) and stealthily avoiding the White Legs hunters.

Gonna raid that fucking annoying radiation Vault for the All-American rifle, and then Im off to try the Dead Money add-on.

stalker with the complete 2009 mod made my GPU overheat and suddenly shut down my computer last night and now i'm afraid to play it, just when it was getting interesting. fuck.

does that usually happen when you do other GPU-intensive things as well? maybe look into a cooling solution, or a new GPU

cool that you're playing it though. which one, and how far did you get?

Stalker is all I talk about it anymore :cerious:

the GPU is a good one, and the only other game to ever do that before was oblivion (weird, i know).

i think the PSU is underpowered.

cool that you're playing it though. which one, and how far did you get?

shadow of chernobyl and i'm at the bit where i defended... that guy... in the railway station. i was supposed to meet mole, went upstairs to scope out the situ before i did, and boom. overheat.

Guest Ron Manager

Star Fox 64 man.

Blast Corps

F Zero X

South Park

Smash Bros

Jet Force Gemini

banjo-kazooie

donkey kong country

might want to checkout Shadowgate 64: Trials of the Four Towers

also Wave Race

Cheers for all the tips. Most of these I've played and are on my to-buy list... Wave Race arrived yesterday. I always thought Blast Corps was overrated? Maybe I should give it another shot. Can't remember ever playing South Park, and I haven't heard of Shadowgate 64 so I'm definitely going to track those down too!

Some less know N64 games I used to enjoy:

You should check out this game called Mischief Makers. Quite a weird a game. But I played it all the time when I was a kid. It used to be really fun.

Snowboard Kids. The name probably makes it sound really kiddy and stupid. And it kind of is, but it was an incredible fun game. It's basically Mario Kart with snowboards. I probably spent as much time with this game as I did with Goldeneye and Mario Kart.

Star Wars Episode I: Racer. not much to say. Just a great game at the time.

Mario Golf & Mario Tennis. Both very well known games. But not everyone gave them a chance, they are really fun games, and you don't have to like the two sports in order to enjoy them.

They are not the best games for the console and It's many years since I've played these games. So I'm not sure how they holding up today.

Guest Ron Manager

Mischief Makers I've heard of but never played. I might have to look into it. Snowboard Kids was indeed extremely fun! I'm definitely going to have to track that down again. Same with Episode I Racer, I also remember enjoying that one immensely. I never played Mario Golf or Tennis, but perhaps I'll give them a go, you usually can't go too wrong with those kinds of titles... thanks for the recommendations.

Another favourite of mine which I'd like to find is San Francisco Rush. Awesome racing game from what I remember. I think they made sequels, but I don't remember playing them...

Archived