IGNORED

Need some good music like Autechre

thehauntingsoul

13 hours ago, joao maia e silva said:

Nice tune. But also includes what I criticise about much IDM stuff. Track is not going anywhere but just a small idea, stretched to a few minutes. I'm wishing for more traditional track building or even more complex, as in classical symphonies. Seems like I have to do it myself ?

3 hours ago, Wurstwasser said:

Nice tune. But also includes what I criticise about much IDM stuff. Track is not going anywhere but just a small idea, stretched to a few minutes. I'm wishing for more traditional track building or even more complex, as in classical symphonies. Seems like I have to do it myself ?

Yeah, I can see your point. That's exactly what I'm trying to tackle right now with my compositions, the question of the large scale form. It's hard though ?

Just finished this one, with that in mind: 

Thanks for the comment!

2 hours ago, Amen Lare said:

Crispy track this one and a pretty nice flow on the album, you got pretty crystalline style, thanx

Thanks, glad you like it!

Edited by joao maia e silva
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 6:22 AM, Draft78 said:

So, several videos appear on youtube with the Ride Liner, a gentleman in a sled who, harmoniously, lavishes himself on acrobatics of the most illustrious composers.
Everything was fine until the Ride Liner decided to take a ride on Ligeti's piano etudes. On the first attempt, he will die. In this way we will follow his corpse, and the sled, bouncing dizzily throughout Désordre, perhaps the most beautiful piano score of Ligeti. But the thing is carefully studied: the corpse of the Ride Liner and the sled will follow two separate paths, which indicate how the melody splits between left and right hand, with complex evolutions up to the inconceivable. Ultimately the video helped me to better visualize the nature of the score. And the Autechre? Well, these are things that I find a lot in our two, especially in the decade of 2000. For example, I find a close relationship between The devil Staircase and Dial.

man Ride Liner brings back memories, no one knew much of them when they came out with their first video. the Line Rider community has been fairly heavily influenced by IDM in general too

my contribution:

• Like 1

^^^ nice!

meanwhile, waiting for Onesix, this compilation:

Pentagrime Presents: Various Shartists Vol 1

it's more than beautiful, it's heterogeneous and it's free:

https://jamesplotkin.bandcamp.com/album/pentagrime-presents-various-shartists-vol-1?fbclid=IwAR1MQOm3ap6Tl9lqKrDQqMo3VDeV8lOjnBUOZMF5S-JXftE2P4SWSsspwiY

Edited by Draft78
  • Thanks 1

On 4/14/2020 at 11:26 PM, Draft78 said:

mark fell (snd) - multistability

I have the impression that Mark Fell wants to fornicate with my vestibular nerve

I also believe that bqbqbq is a wink that R&D did to Mark Fell

17 hours ago, Draft78 said:

I have the impression that Mark Fell wants to fornicate with my vestibular nerve

I also believe that bqbqbq is a wink that R&D did to Mark Fell

The Fell & Lazar collabo has more to do with Gabor Lazar, i believe, it was recorded in Budapest while Fell was there for a concert, Mark kinda just added his drum machine patterns to sync. Check EP16 by Lazar for indication of sound.

Also i found nineFly has some resemblance to Fell's Ten Types of Elsewhere in timbres, though by no means there's a connection, i just haven't really heard much in that vein (one of my absolute favourites, that nineFly).

• 2 weeks later...

From 1997 

i used to not like so much this lp when I bought it in 1997 I have to confess 

i love it ’ow of course, and particularly this track

a sure grower, like his next lp in the same vein called « a shocking hobby » in 2000

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...