IGNORED

Need some good music like Autechre

thehauntingsoul

• 2 weeks later...

I've been listening to more Richard Devine and I'm enjoying Sort/Lave a lot. His music never really clicked for me until SYSTIK, but I loved that release so much I figured I should give his other stuff another chance.

Also still listening to damirat frequently, I'm really loving their music. Thanks again to those who recommended them. It does scratch a similar itch to Autechre, but without seeming like mimicry - it just feels like they're naturally exploring a similar sonic space.

• Like 2

I just want to check in and, hopefully while not being a dick, say that this is a really strange thread with a baffling premise. Placing Autechre and Clark in the same boat, wanting music like this (whatever that is, stuff that's not very similar but seems so to the author) but feeling the need to mention that it should be electronic? Like nobody is going to recommend Gypsy Kings to you if you ask for music that sounds like Autechre (but, again, I can see why you might expect that given that you've lumped together a butch of acts that sound nothing alike, really, as the ones the you'd like something to resemble). NO VOCALS!!!...!!!!!!!!!!! It's just really weird. Good luck, though.

Edited by mTesc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2022 at 5:31 AM, mTesc said:

I just want to check in and, hopefully while not being a dick,

sometimes when i'm going through an autechre binge, i start hearing them in the irregular, modulated dripping of a leaky faucet, or the filtering of  bird song outside. if you don't find what you're looking for in this thread or in a spotify playlist: I recommend going for a walk with open ears, an open mind... and perhaps even an open heart.
best, gnarlybog

• Like 1

2 hours ago, veselcraft said:

I know that this thread is pretty old, but recently i discovered an "Oval" artist. It's abstract and ambient

oval - systemisch - is a classic

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 4/19/2022 at 6:11 PM, thehauntingsoul said:

I might have considered the thread topic more carefully if I knew it was still going to be active 13 years later :trashbear:

13 years - that’s quite an achievement since this thread is hardly ever off the front page. I’ve found so much good music through it over the years. Whether the suggestions are actually “like Autechre” is up for debate (and I’m pretty sure there are lengthy discussions over these pages about what that means) but for me this is a great source of music recommendations. Pretty sure this is where I first heard Chris Douglas so for that alone it’s an all-time classic thread with a premise that works really well

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, DyeMyBlueBlack said:

LP5 EP7 — …ok maybe more Quaristice

If i take all ingredients a good pizza have and put them in a blender will i get an equally good pizza too?

it sounds more like a parody of ae

Edited by xox
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Iwanttobefree said:

Y all should check out the new Vladislav Delay record

https://vladislavdelay.bandcamp.com/album/isoviha

Its really fucking good

are there previews somewhere other than that one song on bandcamp?  i'll check boomkat. edit: nope

Edited by ignatius

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2022 at 6:48 AM, xox said:

If i take all ingredients a good pizza have and put them in a blender will i get an equally good pizza too?

it sounds more like a parody of ae

Which thread are we in right now? The pizza smoothie shakedown thread? A parody of the equally relavent "NEED SOME GOOD MUSIC LIKE AUTECHRE" thread?

• Like 1

The Damirat and t.e.s.o. recs are r8 good.

I especially liked this track:

https://aperturerecords.bandcamp.com/track/untilted-blue-monocrome

I didn't realise until finding t.e.s.o. on bandcamp that the music is released on the same label as Oberman Knocks, of course there's going to be some similarities.

• Big Brain 1