IGNORED

Need some good music like Autechre

thehauntingsoul

:facepalm:  damn it. At least I was posting about exm in this thread like a year ago or something before everyone else on the last page so I'm still cool I promise. Please love me.  :wub:

:facepalm:  damn it. At least I was posting about exm in this thread like a year ago or something before everyone else on the last page so I'm still cool I promise. Please love me.  :wub:

credit where credit due

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but the last couple of EPs by Lanark Artefax are scratching an itch for me ATM.

He's just done a mix for FACT too. Haven't listened yet tho.

He also got a large-ass feature in FACT with many pictures of him staring into the distance like a true deep thinker every other electronic producer is. He got some smart boy education, knows shit.

Oh yeah he also released a couple of tracks already, what a titan

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody else fucking pushes the right buttons for me, I'm sorry. It's like when you want a solid pepperoni pizza and all you can get is honey-dripped gorgonzola basil prosciutto gimmick bullshit. Or when you want to watch a scary movie and instead of a Kubrickian mindfuck you get bad monster costumes and jump scares. Or you want to play a really heady video game and all you get is some cheesy contrived puzzles with "gritty" textures and some reverbed-out ambient wank soundtrack. 

Autechre/Gescom - there is no substitute. There are refractions of it, some things that get parts of it very right (North Manc Beds, SND/Mark Fell, Oberman Knocks, many of the folks on SKAM) but if you wanna get the full experience, you just gotta go raid their back catalog and hope they'll drop some more goodies on us soon. Fortunately that's a very rich catalog.

Or you want to play a really heady video game and all you get is some cheesy contrived puzzles with "gritty" textures and some reverbed-out ambient wank soundtrack. 

What really heady video game do you want to play?

Nobody else fucking pushes the right buttons for me, I'm sorry. It's like when you want a solid pepperoni pizza and all you can get is honey-dripped gorgonzola basil prosciutto gimmick bullshit. Or when you want to watch a scary movie and instead of a Kubrickian mindfuck you get bad monster costumes and jump scares. Or you want to play a really heady video game and all you get is some cheesy contrived puzzles with "gritty" textures and some reverbed-out ambient wank soundtrack.

right on the money, "good music like Autechre" is an oxymoron

Nobody else fucking pushes the right buttons for me, I'm sorry. It's like when you want a solid pepperoni pizza and all you can get is honey-dripped gorgonzola basil prosciutto gimmick bullshit. Or when you want to watch a scary movie and instead of a Kubrickian mindfuck you get bad monster costumes and jump scares. Or you want to play a really heady video game and all you get is some cheesy contrived puzzles with "gritty" textures and some reverbed-out ambient wank soundtrack.

right on the money, "good music like Autechre" is an oxymoron

By looking objectively at reality, I came to consider music as a subset of Autechre, so it would be more correct to write "need some good autechre like music". If in the auditory sensory field the autechre aspect has been met by the invention of music, now we need to find/invent a autechre super category to satisfy the four remaining senses.

Or you want to play a really heady video game and all you get is some cheesy contrived puzzles with "gritty" textures and some reverbed-out ambient wank soundtrack.

What really heady video game do you want to play?

Super Metroid with less backtracking and more upgrades

You guys are super snobby (except in video game taste) and have definitely come to the wrong thread.

If I'm a snob it's only because every time I try to find "good music like Autechre" I'm disappointed. It's a fool's errand. Now, good music in general is a different story.

it's an interesting discovery! The first track I picked randomly leaves me well hoped.

In a similar way, and probably more brave in dismantling the symmetries, Huerco S.

An example:

you have to be patient in looking for Huerco's discography, he often gets contaminated by clubish atmospheres, but he is also capable of fully experimental publications, like this:

i have posted the wrong huerco example, tray this:

https://youtu.be/IzbkNOsuFhQ?t=2287

In any case, returning to the Autechre relevance, rather than among the many names of contempory electronics, I personally feel more similarty - at least in terms of approach - in the most avant-garde repertoire of Anthony Braxton. There are improvised duels between sax and drums, which seem to anticipate forty years the  FM synthesis delirium at the base of all nine AE_LIVE.

Unfortunately, I do not find the most significant examples on the net, anyway:

https://youtu.be/A4fQVv0rnZU?t=233

https://youtu.be/xw48VfwoHvY?list=PLtZMuLycLmhj2_E5ClXpsuwvK_Qw1gYI8&t=319

https://youtu.be/LT96NU5RQvk?t=339