IGNORED

Need some good music like Autechre

thehauntingsoul

Been trawling my net through that UIQ bandcamp page most of the day. There's an artist called Lanark Artefax who's also released on a label called Whities

I'd highly suggest checking it out

https://whities.bandcamp.com/music

there are a few reviews of their releases here

https://www.residentadvisor.net/record-label.aspx?id=10855

I think the UIQ is more AE, but the Whities label has some great stuff on it

Edited by beerwolf

• 1 month later...

new release for EXM: despite the opening is not the most inspired, then turns out to be, perhaps, one of the most beautiful things he has ever composed, the second song greets Ligeti with a beautiful aleatory passage, and on the final, the asthmatic soul of Draft7.30 seems to have reincarnated

https://kaer-uiks.bandcamp.com/album/01411635?fbclid=IwAR3Q5NtoZ6dG2SiK-s6DLSW-jKhanVVDhfNLyg8GjlIf2HSlkmWazYX9HNA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

in this sea of absolute unawareness, in the discord of movements, at the end of every possible coordination, here it is the hero of the day. He doesn't know, but he's doing it:

• Haha 1

I'm sure he was already many times mentioned, but I just now finished listening to "Sort \ Lave" from Richard Devine - my first experience of his music - and wanted to say, that this is really great abstract electronic music, with similar musical aims like Autechre, but with a very own, unique voice. Great listening experience!

I think I have to check out more of  his discography...

Pulled this cd out of the vault the other day, within a few minutes I instantly thought of this thread.

The key to it's greatness is that it punches all the way through from beginning to end and is a under-the-radar classic from the Warp vault. Mad album and though perhaps a little dated it still sounds fantastic.

• Like 1

need to investigate TLS’s discography, what do you guys would recommend ?

edit : just grabbed stay down and tiny reminder.

Edited by d-a-m-o

On 5/19/2019 at 9:14 AM, d-a-m-o said:

I loved The Fifth Mission. Has a minimal vibe to it. And that dubby feeling like on later Sabres of Paradise records. Mixed with a hint of trip hop and electronica.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:14 AM, d-a-m-o said:

Those are my two favorites (and I love the artwork to Stay Down!)

Edited by beer badger

have you all heard the Arrovane set from 2005? he played portland at a place called Apotheke that used to have some great shows/dj nights. the set was recorded from the board. it sounds good and is very much in a vein of AE LP5 type live set i think.. or maybe closer to 2001 live set stuff. it's really good.