IGNORED

Need some good music like Autechre

thehauntingsoul

Yeah, that's good shit. Most of the other tracks uploaded on YT are good stuff too, not as AE-sounding but definitely good.

atypic where were you considering buying it from, I haven't searched, just curious where it's available :)

atypic where were you considering buying it from, I haven't searched, just curious where it's available :)

I only buy digital releases these days.  I bought it and its companion EP on Amazon:

https://smile.amazon.com/Plato-t-s/dp/B01ALVC3ZC/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1510332412&sr=1-1-mp3-albums-bar-strip-0&keywords=t.e.s.o.+plato

https://smile.amazon.com/no-3-obliate-t-s/dp/B017Z08TD2/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1510332450&sr=1-1-mp3-albums-bar-strip-0&keywords=t.e.s.o.+obliate

Nice, I was going to grab that this morning but the Aperture Records website wasn't allowing me to buy the digital this morning...I ended up finding an older album on CD (via Bandcamp) because it was cheap and has bonus tracks so I had to. It's a little more 'raw' than those two, but those both sound good. Will likely end up grabbing them too. :)

where were you considering buying it from, I haven't searched, just curious where it's available :)

I bought it today via discogs, many copies available.

You can cop it too via the aperture site : http://www.aperturerecords.com/record-shop/no3-obliate-ap008lp

Edited by autechrist

See above :P

The Aperture site seemed to be okay with me buying a vinyl but the digital got me nowhere. Unsure why, it looks like maybe the site isn't regularly maintained. I found digitals were also on Bleep but for $12 and when I could just get a CD of theirs for less than that (shipping included) then I just went that route. The older album "over a neutral landscape" was sounding pretty interesting to my ears today anyway will grab both all their stuff eventually I'm sure.

I only buy digital releases these days.  I bought it and its companion EP on Amazon:

https://smile.amazon.com/Plato-t-s/dp/B01ALVC3ZC/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1510332412&sr=1-1-mp3-albums-bar-strip-0&keywords=t.e.s.o.+plato

https://smile.amazon.com/no-3-obliate-t-s/dp/B017Z08TD2/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1510332450&sr=1-1-mp3-albums-bar-strip-0&keywords=t.e.s.o.+obliate

where were you considering buying it from, I haven't searched, just curious where it's available :)

I bought it today via discogs, many copies available.

You can cop it too via the aperture site : http://www.aperturerecords.com/record-shop/no3-obliate-ap008lp

nice tracks.  thanks for the heads up

• 2 weeks later...

Listened to Byetone Symeta ​a few days ago and instantly thought of this thread. Obviously check Plastic Star ​because that's also pretty cool 

You can nod your head even tap your toes to it. Happy days

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't say it's 'like' autechre as such, but Rashad Becker's "Traditional Music of Notional Species" tickles something similar in me - it's fantastically well constructed electronic music that owes no obvious debt to current trends (at least outside of academic/Avant Garde traditions - I'm not claiming it's completely original and out of nowhere) but without being completely impenetrable.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ornette Coleman, when decided to escape the limits of his appurtenances, could drag music into a despnous whirlpool. Prime Design / Time design (1985) seems to anticipate many years, the absurd approach to the rhythm of our two.

Listen to 4:30 what the fuck happens,  but above all the hate relationship between kik and charleston   from 32.00 onwards, halfway between surripere and AE_LIVE
Edited by AE35unit

• 2 weeks later...

Ornette Coleman, when decided to escape the limits of his appurtenances, could drag music into a despnous whirlpool. Prime Design / Time design (1985) seems to anticipate many years, the absurd approach to the rhythm of our two.

Listen to 4:30 what the fuck happens,  but above all the hate relationship between kik and charleston   from 32.00 onwards, halfway between surripere and AE_LIVE

jesus fuck.. thanks for that ornette coleman link.. that shit is mental and fucking good. head done in. that shit sings to me. 

Glad about Coleman! 

...recently I am discovering the electroacoustic improvisations of Evan Parker: if every instant would be the result of a completely random combination of movements, it is equally true that there is a constant cohesion in the flow of expansions and contractions that make ordered the absurd pulsation of sounds, and extremely pleasant the listening:

^^^Such a thing like Parker must actually be a live sensory orgasm.

Meanwhile, returning to the IDM territory:

this piece of Brothomstates could appear as a sort of particularly chaotic breakcore, but in reality, listening carefully and going behind the chaos of pop samples, there is a nervous and mechanical progression that reminds me in some way the central part of Augmatic Disport ( and I must say that among the thousand faces of Autechre, if I had to say a fragment that better than any other could represent that incredible thing that they are, I would say Augmatic at 4:34 )
Edited by AE35unit