IGNORED

Need some good music like Autechre

thehauntingsoul

13 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

I'm sure that this has been mentioned a few times in this thread but for lazy people who don't want to dig through and will just read this page : the answer is Team Doyobi

QFT

• 2 weeks later...

Revisiting the discography of ISAN lately. It's like a unique amalgam of the soulfulness of BoC, the melancholy and sonic detailfulness of AE, the ambience of SAW II, and the melodic overburst of Plaid. There is even a trace of Lunatic Harness era Paradinas in earlier tracks.

But still recognizable and unique. Good stuff. 

Edited by Chabraendeky

Indeed there are some purrrfect tracks on Lucky Cat (sorry!), and their remix of Seefeel - When Face Was Face, from Warp 10+3 is one of my favourite Warp tracks of all time. 

Edited by beer badger

2 hours ago, beer badger said:

Indeed there are some purrrfect tracks on Lucky Cat (sorry!), and their remix of Seefeel - When Face Was Face, from Warp 10+3 is one of my favourite Warp tracks of all time. 

Seefeel + Isan: that marriage was made in heaven.

here it is! still as glorious as ever

in fact Autechre should do a remix of the Isan remix of When Face Was Face, then we could have something that might just spontaneously combust IDM trained minds into smithereens!!!

Or something like that lol

Edited by beer badger

1 hour ago, Chabraendeky said:

Perhaps a Warp 30 compilation.

wXaXrXp = warp XXX?

Probably.

And yeah, since Warp 20 brought us Oval moons and that nifty LFO remix hopes are officially up!

On 6/8/2019 at 3:52 PM, Chabraendeky said:

Perhaps a Warp 30 compilation.

wXaXrXp = warp XXX?

Pope: give us 5 beers, boy!

Waiter: yo mean 2?!

pope: no, stupido, 5! It’s roman! Jeeez

spacer.png

• Haha 3

On 6/5/2019 at 11:16 PM, Draft78 said:

traces of awteker among the Aka Pigmy

it's truly amazing what some indigenous/tribal musicians are capable of...

22 hours ago, Dragon said:

it's truly amazing what some indigenous/tribal musicians are capable of...

^^ ?

Yes, to look for in African folk one encounters upsetting things. The ease with which they venture into dizzying polyrhythms gives rise to suspicion, at times, that they are not mathematically aware of the structures, but rather that they perform them in a completely spontaneous ways, like a preverbal language. In particular I was struck by the traditions of the pygmies, who are distinguished by singing: they use extreme intervals, one gets the impression of listening to out-of-control synthesizers, and even in this case one discovers very complex polyphonies: Ligeti was seriously affected by the Pygmy tradition, he studied it thoroughly - he was surprised at how successful they were in complex figures, limiting themselves to counting to five - to the point that all his production of the eighties is admittedly influenced. In the same period Ligeti approached electronics: I remember an interview in which he declared that what he sees as promising in the use of computers is the possibility of programming an intelligence capable of generating bunches of self-generating music of infinite forms, rather than limiting itself to write a defined and closed piece. He was premising Robsean Brownbooth with a precision worthy of Nostradamus.

Anyway, pygmies:

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/10/2018 at 5:53 AM, ignatius said:

found it. it's called "Pocket Change". not out yet. release is later this month. also has a bunch of sample loops FS on loop loft. 

the pocket change stuff sounds like the youtube clips. 

I had forgotten this, which, meanwhile, came out

3 hours ago, Draft78 said:

lowe marklund is a guitarrist, but are S&R to come out when it gets its hands on max

https://lowemarklund.bandcamp.com/album/bifurca?fbclid=IwAR2TTNSXqeydwyYYv8zjwCFLI5wXPRnMlTKYtXNlKUphnRemHOyr1fIRHyA

forgive the insistence, but I'm listening to Bifurca now. It is very particular, has a personality of its own, and often seems to explore something that recalls the ending of AE_Domino_2010 ...It deserve attention

On 3/12/2009 at 3:45 PM, thehauntingsoul said:

fuck 3tronic. I totally understand an artist wanting to sample another artist but this is why 3tronic is gayer than a bunch of dudes having an orgy:
[...] This guy is just creating more 'autechre' music using other autechre music.... terrible, terrible.

Quote necro. Let me please add: 3Tronik is/was awesome. Yeah, in his 3rd album he sampled Ae heavily. But a) only in his 3rd album and b) so what and c) Have a nice day and Revel and some more are AWESOOOOOMEA. The ideas or methods were not new in his tracks, but the question is if they work. They do.

You now have the chance to revise your obviously wrong opinion ?

For the records:
https://archive.org/details/sute001
https://archive.org/details/sute006
https://archive.org/details/sute017

Have a nice day.

Edited by Guest