IGNORED

Need some good music like Autechre

thehauntingsoul

6 hours ago, usagi said:

really good music like Autechre:

could even be an Ae sideproject, I mean there's two of them and ones doing the 'beats' while the other's doing the 'melodies'?

Ae sideproject confirmed

too political...

35 minutes ago, xox said:

Madrr-fakrr! He didn’t want to say!

some of it sounds really Max-ish but who knows.. could be a number of different things including straight up algorithmic live coding environment or something. 

24 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

what does a Max sound like?

honestly it's hard to quantify and probably a dumb thing for me to say but there's some parts w/big reverbs that really remind me of some Ae stuff so i came to that as a possibility... also some of the synth patches/filter/modulations give me that vibe but i suspect PD or some other coding environment isn't going to be far off. one of the things about max is it doesn't really have that signature like something like reaktor does.. or it's easier to get away from any kind of super obvious character... it doesn't have that sheen or something.. but after listening to lot's of electronic music for a long time and knowing that some people use max my ear detects it some times.  

so, totally fucking anecdotal statement! 

^^ looks like that live coding language.. algorave stuff.. i forget what it's called.  i have a friend who recently got into it and he likes it. i guess it's not so difficult if you understand some code already.. he took to it pretty quickly. 

something like tidalCycles maybe? 

The fluidity of this Interstellar Space (John Coltrane) has something hypnotic and modern to the point of being outside time and genre. The rhythmic and melodic metamorphoses (yes, the sax improvisations carry a trace, perhaps not very visible, of something that we can recognize as harmony in the common sense) go into fragments that are recognizable only if we reach them by listening to the previous notes, and in this we can find the "ah, ok, i get it" factor, which is dominant in autechre. I find a lot about AE_LIVE in this piece, Mars:

I recommend listening to everything that happens after five minutes

On 8/24/2019 at 3:14 PM, Draft78 said:

The fluidity of this Interstellar Space (John Coltrane) has something hypnotic and modern to the point of being outside time and genre. The rhythmic and melodic metamorphoses (yes, the sax improvisations carry a trace, perhaps not very visible, of something that we can recognize as harmony in the common sense) go into fragments that are recognizable only if we reach them by listening to the previous notes, and in this we can find the "ah, ok, i get it" factor, which is dominant in autechre. I find a lot about AE_LIVE in this piece, Mars:

I recommend listening to everything that happens after five minutes

coltrane can be pretty intense.  he was on another level. in space. 

for similar "outside of genre" type stuff there's a few miles davis releases that fit the bill.. Big Fun, Panthallassa - the music of Miles Davis - bill laswell project that's one of my favorite things. it's all the stuff that happened in the studio around the "on the corner" recordings and in a silent way. he got ahold of the master recordings from capitol and put them back together in a way that, he says, is more representative of what happened in the studio. and of course it has the benefit of being mixed on more modern gear - neve console. it sounds great. 

anyway... here's a track from big fun that is deeper than deep once it bottoms out and gets spacious

and here's panthallassa. i recommend tracking down the CD if you're into this kind of stuff. 

also, william fields played live recently and recorded it and posted it for DL on soundcloud.. i haven't listened to it yet. 

?

• Like 2

Thanks for the Miles Davis recommendations... Listened to On The Corner a few years ago and the first thing that came to mind was that it sounded like Autechre played on jazz instruments... That seems even more relevant now that we have long pieces from Elseq and NTS... 

Uochi Toki just tossed out some live material for free....

LOVE their instrumental sections.... and I have a feeling the lyrical parts would be equal with it in my mind if I understood what was being said.

=/

anyway.... AE-type hip hop. 

❤️

https://uochitoki.bandcamp.com/album/uochi-toki-live-autunno-2017

Edited by Hk47

5 hours ago, toiminto said:

A recent live PA I did. Autechre has been the source of inspiration for me for a long time now ? That probably shows

It’s very obvious what you did!

36 minutes ago, toiminto said:

What? ?

It’s pathetic really! Wait for the guys, they’ll tell you what; I’ve heard it instantly, let’s see what others think.

You’re on the wrong forum for trying to sell this; it didn’t passed well on elektronauts, why do you think I’ll pass here?! It’s watmm ffs! 

Edited by xox
  • Like 1

What's pathetic about it? ? Not really selling anything but wanted to hear opinions about it. I've always loved Untilted era live sets the most and the repetitive pattern morphing