IGNORED

Need some good music like Autechre

thehauntingsoul

On 10/30/2019 at 10:19 PM, markedone said:

I have a QUESTION.  Can anyone recommend me music that might be like autechre, but also the same vein as fusion-era miles davis??  Obviously both miles and 'chre are in a league of their own.

But I keep listening to Big Fun, Get Up With It, and Bitches Brew lately and I cant get over how similar some of those jams are to longer autechre like NTS.  Riffing on a single idea that with sublte variation and intensity that permuates over time.  Dont know how to better describe it but my brain gets the same vibe from a track like this as to autechre, and I want more

How about radian ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

he's a very underrated artist in the IDM scene right now. if you're into Autechre you'll love him.

don't sleep on Jack Johnson!

Edited by Guest

12 minutes ago, tnvm said:

I dunno if that fits the thread mate, to be honest it sounds nothing like autechre.

i take it you didnt listen to Yesternow, second track.  its good shit, 25m of miles leading his band on a spaced out jam voyage vibe, pushing their instruments into some wild sounds.  if you dont like it thats fine but the connection is with my above comment re fusion-era miles.  the first track has less connection, but i still dig it

Edited by markedone

17 hours ago, markedone said:

i take it you didnt listen to Yesternow, second track.  its good shit, 25m of miles leading his band on a spaced out jam voyage vibe, pushing their instruments into some wild sounds.  if you dont like it thats fine but the connection is with my above comment re fusion-era miles.  the first track has less connection, but i still dig it

Yeah this.

On 11/4/2019 at 2:54 PM, EXTRASUPER81 said:

Oh yeah, don't sleep on Jack Johnson!

hell yeah. you said it brother!

Edited by Guest

23 hours ago, Freak of the week said:

hey, not trying to be rude or anything, but this seriously sounds nothing like autechre. it’s cool but let’s try to stay on topic.

On 11/6/2019 at 4:05 PM, Freak of the week said:

you're right. this sounds much more like autechre:

I guess. idk... when I think "music like autechre" I just have something more like this in mind:

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2019 at 6:19 AM, markedone said:

I have a QUESTION.  Can anyone recommend me music that might be like autechre, but also the same vein as fusion-era miles davis??  Obviously both miles and 'chre are in a league of their own.

But I keep listening to Big Fun, Get Up With It, and Bitches Brew lately and I cant get over how similar some of those jams are to longer autechre like NTS.  Riffing on a single idea that with sublte variation and intensity that permuates over time.  Dont know how to better describe it but my brain gets the same vibe from a track like this as to autechre, and I want more

I just listened to Live Evil for the first time, don't know how I slept on it for this long. It's fucking ace.

• Like 3