thehauntingsoul

Need some good music like Autechre

Second Woman.

I was introduced to them via some of those Aphex Twin setlists last year. They definitely have some of the skewed math rhythms of Ae, but also they feel like a distant cousin to the computer music of SND and the dub of Rhythm & Sound. While it is evocative of that stuff to a degree, it still sounds very modern by pushing a lot of those ideas into new territories. My favorite electronic artist to emerge in the past five years.

This is the track I first heard in an Aphex set:

Edited by LeftBannk
  • Like 3

On 10/16/2019 at 7:05 PM, LeftBannk said:

Second Woman.

I was introduced to them via some of those Aphex Twin setlists last year. They definitely have some of the skewed math rhythms of Ae, but also they feel like a distant cousin to the computer music of SND and the dub of Rhythm & Sound. While it is evocative of that stuff to a degree, it still sounds very modern by pushing a lot of those ideas into new territories. My favorite electronic artist to emerge in the past five years.

This is the track I first heard in an Aphex set:

Wow instabuy! thanks

• Like 1

I have a QUESTION.  Can anyone recommend me music that might be like autechre, but also the same vein as fusion-era miles davis??  Obviously both miles and 'chre are in a league of their own.

But I keep listening to Big Fun, Get Up With It, and Bitches Brew lately and I cant get over how similar some of those jams are to longer autechre like NTS.  Riffing on a single idea that with sublte variation and intensity that permuates over time.  Dont know how to better describe it but my brain gets the same vibe from a track like this as to autechre, and I want more

• Like 2

On 10/30/2019 at 10:19 PM, markedone said:

Can anyone recommend me music that might be like autechre, but also the same vein as fusion-era miles davis??

Have you listened to Mile's album Get Up With It? It's really good. The opening song, "He Loved Him Madly", is Davis' tribute to Duke Ellington, who passed away recently at the time of the recording. Brian Eno cited this song as an inspiration for his ambient work somewhere, so there is a tenuous connection with Autechre. 

I found this album by a band called Pole called while looking up the other Pole on streaming service. Kind of jazz/improv type thing, the drummer is really good.

Can't really find any decent info or reviews, seems to have gone under the radar of The Wire etc.

I had considered sharing it here for a while but wasn't sure how appropriate it was for this thread, but seems more appropriate given last couple of posts.

I got a late electric Miles boxset around the same time as NTS came out, thought similar stuff.

https://pole666.bandcamp.com/releases

Edited by EXTRASUPER81

2 hours ago, EXTRASUPER81 said:

Oh yeah, don't sleep on Jack Johnson!

great rec. all ae fans should check this out:

On 10/30/2019 at 10:19 PM, markedone said:

I have a QUESTION.  Can anyone recommend me music that might be like autechre, but also the same vein as fusion-era miles davis??  Obviously both miles and 'chre are in a league of their own.

But I keep listening to Big Fun, Get Up With It, and Bitches Brew lately and I cant get over how similar some of those jams are to longer autechre like NTS.  Riffing on a single idea that with sublte variation and intensity that permuates over time.  Dont know how to better describe it but my brain gets the same vibe from a track like this as to autechre, and I want more

How about radian ?

• Thanks 1

Everything from Zuli

the mixing and production are insane, makes me feel like i'm on drugs

Edited by Ivan Ooze

they have been mentioned but Monolake or Seefeel are quite similar to AE, also esplendor geometrico that they also admire, for example this one I love:

14 hours ago, tnvm said:

great rec. all ae fans should check this out:

B-dum Tishhhh

he's a very underrated artist in the IDM scene right now. if you're into Autechre you'll love him.

don't sleep on Jack Johnson!

Edited by tnvm

give this a listen, it'll blow you're mind. check it out!

Lol watmm is dying dead

6 minutes ago, EXTRASUPER81 said:

Silly Billy

I dunno if that fits the thread mate, to be honest it sounds nothing like autechre.

12 minutes ago, tnvm said:

I dunno if that fits the thread mate, to be honest it sounds nothing like autechre.

i take it you didnt listen to Yesternow, second track.  its good shit, 25m of miles leading his band on a spaced out jam voyage vibe, pushing their instruments into some wild sounds.  if you dont like it thats fine but the connection is with my above comment re fusion-era miles.  the first track has less connection, but i still dig it

Edited by markedone

17 hours ago, markedone said:

i take it you didnt listen to Yesternow, second track.  its good shit, 25m of miles leading his band on a spaced out jam voyage vibe, pushing their instruments into some wild sounds.  if you dont like it thats fine but the connection is with my above comment re fusion-era miles.  the first track has less connection, but i still dig it

Yeah this.

On 11/4/2019 at 2:54 PM, EXTRASUPER81 said:

Oh yeah, don't sleep on Jack Johnson!

hell yeah. you said it brother!

Edited by tnvm

23 hours ago, Freak of the week said:

hey, not trying to be rude or anything, but this seriously sounds nothing like autechre. it’s cool but let’s try to stay on topic.

• Haha 1

On 11/6/2019 at 4:05 PM, Freak of the week said:

you're right. this sounds much more like autechre:

I guess. idk... when I think "music like autechre" I just have something more like this in mind:

Edited by tnvm