thehauntingsoul

Need some good music like Autechre

hehe nice, my last post was also "kind" of a joke btw. now post some stockhausen to redeem yourself :smile:

Edited by Freak of the week

When i think “music like autechre” i think of stoya

spacer.png

yves de mey :catbed::catbed:

Edited by Draft78
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 6:19 AM, markedone said:

I have a QUESTION.  Can anyone recommend me music that might be like autechre, but also the same vein as fusion-era miles davis??  Obviously both miles and 'chre are in a league of their own.

But I keep listening to Big Fun, Get Up With It, and Bitches Brew lately and I cant get over how similar some of those jams are to longer autechre like NTS.  Riffing on a single idea that with sublte variation and intensity that permuates over time.  Dont know how to better describe it but my brain gets the same vibe from a track like this as to autechre, and I want more

I just listened to Live Evil for the first time, don't know how I slept on it for this long. It's fucking ace.

• Like 3

Used to listen to a ton of Xenakis. Seems I will have to return to that

• Burger 1

Hello everyone,

I'm new here on WATMM, so I'm still getting to know it. I'm a music maker, can anyone tell me if there's a specific place here for posting our music, or can I do it on this thread?

Thanx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/12/2020 at 3:38 PM, xox said:

This is pretty badass...!! Thnx for sharin' stonin' it.

=D

• Like 3

So, several videos appear on youtube with the Ride Liner, a gentleman in a sled who, harmoniously, lavishes himself on acrobatics of the most illustrious composers.
Everything was fine until the Ride Liner decided to take a ride on Ligeti's piano etudes. On the first attempt, he will die. In this way we will follow his corpse, and the sled, bouncing dizzily throughout Désordre, perhaps the most beautiful piano score of Ligeti. But the thing is carefully studied: the corpse of the Ride Liner and the sled will follow two separate paths, which indicate how the melody splits between left and right hand, with complex evolutions up to the inconceivable. Ultimately the video helped me to better visualize the nature of the score. And the Autechre? Well, these are things that I find a lot in our two, especially in the decade of 2000. For example, I find a close relationship between The devil Staircase and Dial.

• Like 2

Chris Douglas (Amhain, Rook Vallade, Scald Rougish, Dalglish, O.S.T., ect...) has posted a BUNCH of music in the last 6 months too.... 

He just released a track yesterday under his 'Ahmain' pseudonym.... "Frstjm2020" - with the description "First run of new system, new year"

.... 8 n a half minutes of BADASSNESS!

https://amhain.bandcamp.com/music

• Like 2

Judging off their most recent release the nts sessions, have you considered the backstreet boys or s club seven as comparable artists?

:trollface:

• Facepalm 1

55 minutes ago, Hk47 said:

Fuck'n hell, I can't post this properly...

Here.... link...

https://lecabanonrecords.bandcamp.com/album/pluvi-se

good stuff

contribution: more exm because it's so good

Edited by auxien
  • Like 3

If I could recommend some ekters...Colin Dwyer/Braintree, and Melted Self/Stickfigger, Ignatius too. In a similar vein as autechre and immensely talented artists. Aux as well.

A number of other similarly talented ekters but not necc autechre sounding. I’m super happy to have joined in 2012, so many talented artists here like Wagawaga, bendish, rolando and so on. The level of talent here is amazing.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Eric B & Rakim remind me of the boys a fair bit. Can imagine them bonding over an artist like this at the time. You can kind of hear ae on Follow the Leader.

On 12/18/2018 at 5:45 PM, Braintree said:

The last thing I released was a bit influenced by the Untilted Glasgow show. If you like those off kilter beats, surprising transitions, and odd tonal bits, then you might dig this.

Someone was kind enough to leave a review:

This just got a tape release through Schematic, if you're interested in that kind of thing: https://schematicmusiccompany.bandcamp.com/album/16e8c02

• Like 6

On 1/12/2020 at 8:38 PM, xox said:

yo @Braintree that's most excellent, congrats!

Speaking of tapes, if you enjoyed that Melted Self album, the fruits of the sessions that produced the tracks on that release are landing in cassette and digital form soon on https://memoryglands.bandcamp.com/ . Follow we to keep informed :^)

• Like 4

posted this thread but not sure if many saw it. really good release, reminiscent of Cichlisuite/LP5/EP7/Gantz Graf type of vibes

• Like 3