IGNORED

Need some good music like Autechre

thehauntingsoul

So, several videos appear on youtube with the Ride Liner, a gentleman in a sled who, harmoniously, lavishes himself on acrobatics of the most illustrious composers.
Everything was fine until the Ride Liner decided to take a ride on Ligeti's piano etudes. On the first attempt, he will die. In this way we will follow his corpse, and the sled, bouncing dizzily throughout Désordre, perhaps the most beautiful piano score of Ligeti. But the thing is carefully studied: the corpse of the Ride Liner and the sled will follow two separate paths, which indicate how the melody splits between left and right hand, with complex evolutions up to the inconceivable. Ultimately the video helped me to better visualize the nature of the score. And the Autechre? Well, these are things that I find a lot in our two, especially in the decade of 2000. For example, I find a close relationship between The devil Staircase and Dial.

• Like 2

Chris Douglas (Amhain, Rook Vallade, Scald Rougish, Dalglish, O.S.T., ect...) has posted a BUNCH of music in the last 6 months too.... 

He just released a track yesterday under his 'Ahmain' pseudonym.... "Frstjm2020" - with the description "First run of new system, new year"

.... 8 n a half minutes of BADASSNESS!

https://amhain.bandcamp.com/music

• Like 1

If I could recommend some ekters...Colin Dwyer/Braintree, and Melted Self/Stickfigger, Ignatius too. In a similar vein as autechre and immensely talented artists. Aux as well.

A number of other similarly talented ekters but not necc autechre sounding. I’m super happy to have joined in 2012, so many talented artists here like Wagawaga, bendish, rolando and so on. The level of talent here is amazing.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 5:45 PM, Braintree said:

The last thing I released was a bit influenced by the Untilted Glasgow show. If you like those off kilter beats, surprising transitions, and odd tonal bits, then you might dig this.

Someone was kind enough to leave a review:

This just got a tape release through Schematic, if you're interested in that kind of thing: https://schematicmusiccompany.bandcamp.com/album/16e8c02

• Like 5

On 1/12/2020 at 8:38 PM, xox said:

yo @Braintree that's most excellent, congrats!

Speaking of tapes, if you enjoyed that Melted Self album, the fruits of the sessions that produced the tracks on that release are landing in cassette and digital form soon on https://memoryglands.bandcamp.com/ . Follow we to keep informed :^)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

?

fuck me.

Thanks for posting that. 

..... crazy.

wonder how many hours has been dumped into it....

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Chabraendeky said:

I don't know if anybody else is aware of this album, it's fuckin awesome...

..I still have to listen to this, thanks for the note.
Recently I fall in heavy rotation with Rainfall, from his last album (Agora) : after 5:40 of tipical Fennesz, that irregular melody arrives and everything takes flight

Edited by Draft78
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, auxien said:

^agreed, that's a good track. wasn't expecting the rapping but it worked surprisingly well

I'm sure the bros talked about Sensational in an interview at some point or another too. So another link there. He also did an album with Kouhei Matsunaga.

• Like 1