IGNORED

Need some good music like Autechre

thehauntingsoul

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

ended up grabbing ^this^ and 3 other releases from that label. really digging all of it. some of it is top tier electronics for me. just enough of all the things in all the right places. off kilter wickedness. 

21 minutes ago, eye said:

'que from surine' seems to use bits from the AE LIVE ‘08 MD & MM, or are those preprogrammed?

yeah, it's very close to the original... 4th track sounds like remixed oversteps material. either they sampled, or they are really good at emulating the AE sound. not complaining though.

stumbled upon this on twitter via @frozenreeds

It seems to me that stuff like that, and say Eli Keszler's album couldn't exist without the angular vocabulary that Autechre pioneered. I might be wrong in that assertion (though it seems unlikely that these people would have never heard Autechre), but I love that there are more people incorporating these kinds of counterintuitive rhythms and shapes into instrumental music.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EXTRASUPER81 said:

It seems to me that stuff like that, and say Eli Keszler's album couldn't exist without the angular vocabulary that Autechre pioneered. I might be wrong in that assertion (though it seems unlikely that these people would have never heard Autechre), but I love that there are more people incorporating these kinds of counterintuitive rhythms and shapes into instrumental music.

Whenever I try and say something i read it the next day and think what a pretentious twat.

recently discovered Steve Lehman.. very unique sound even though its jazz (?). Reminds me very much of autechre mainly in the way he treats rythm, and also the multiple layers; there's a lot goin on at the same time, quite neuronal. Unique melodies, posibly related to physical/natural phenomenons, or at least it sounds quite like that to me. Needed to share it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYTsTtmw5lY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxfkssXdgVc

Edited by sieter

On 9/10/2019 at 8:52 AM, kieselguhr kid said:

new jazzband content!

upcoming album the people i love by steve lehman trio + craig taborn features a cover of q-play

there's a short sample on boomkat -  it's a rather loose interpretation, but they really capture the track's feeling imho. (further proof that oversteps is a jazz album at heart)

• Like 1

https://ikunixx.bandcamp.com/album/dougga 

This was posted over in the Ae reddit thread a while back and it’s exceptionally good.  I’ve been falling down the rabbit hole of this artist for days and it’s been refreshing  and exciting.  

Edit: Menarik is heat

Edited by Hawley Smoot Tariff

On 9/22/2020 at 12:10 AM, eye said:

scanning through the releases on the bandcamp and it's all jaw dropping insanely good. like wtf. such amazing stuff. the changes are brilliant. the drummer is just unreal. wtf time signatures are happening here? all of them i guess. i think i'm going to have to dive in to this music and spend some time.thank you for dropping the link here. 

7 minutes ago, very honest said:

@ignatius has anyone mentioned your stuff? are you in max, doing generative stuff? https://ignatiusmusic.bandcamp.com/

i might have dropped a link somewhere or other stuff on buried in time like the cascade data stuff.. i feel gross when self promoting.  anyway.. no max really.. some max for live devices sometimes. anything i do in max is early in the learning curve. not really close to sharing.  lot's of modular stuff though. some renoise. some live. some logic. some five12 numerology. 

thanks for the mention ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i might have dropped a link somewhere or other stuff on buried in time like the cascade data stuff.. i feel gross when self promoting.  anyway.. no max really.. some max for live devices sometimes. anything i do in max is early in the learning curve. not really close to sharing.  lot's of modular stuff though. some renoise. some live. some logic. some five12 numerology. 

thanks for the mention ?

oh, thanks for the info. bundle drift seems autechrean, and is an awesome album.

Edited by very honest
  • Thanks 1