IGNORED

Need some good music like Autechre

thehauntingsoul

• 4 weeks later...

Music like "Autechre" well that depends totally in what period of Ae's work: If Incunabula than everything on Toytronic is close:

If you are intrested in Autechre's more abstract and concreete musiq I would go for Mego and the stuff there for sure:

7 hours ago, DeliKuvveti said:

I had been craving stuff like the FM-heavy era of Autechre myself and came up with this track somewhat recently: https://delikuvveti.bandcamp.com/track/ii-3. If you're into AE, there is a good chance that you might find something to like here.

beautiful https://delikuvveti.bandcamp.com/album/glinting

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this track, especially from around 5:00-9:00, reminds me so much of Autechre and it just blows my mind that this came out in 1967

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Boxus said:

this track, especially from around 5:00-9:00, reminds me so much of Autechre and it just blows my mind that this came out in 1967

there's some real EP7 vibes on those releases. i have played some of those tracks out during DJ sets full of modern stuff. long time ago but in the right setting there's a track or two from those  releases that would find their way in.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Draft78 said:

William Fields has already been reported, but I think not with this: https: //williamfields.bandcamp.com/album/bewilderment

interesting sound design but this release totally left me cold! i felt nothing ?

1 hour ago, xox said:

interesting sound design but this release totally left me cold! i felt nothing ?

I understand, but in the case of Autechre we all start with the precognition that we will have to dig repeatedly to get to the Holy Grail, with others instead we may not be willing to sacrifice, and stop at the first impact: an experimentation in lack of emotions.
This also applies to me, it is not an ad personam "criticism", it is rather a possibility that haunts me.

The guys who post on this forum make great, great music! And while I see you do have followings, it doesn’t make sense how some music really blows up and other work gets relatively overlooked.

I was just listening to this, which really reminds me of ‘Oversteps’ (especially when it keeps shifting harmonies after a minute in) and the melodic / ‘plucky’ parts of NTS4 and Onesix live set...

https://robertlogan1.bandcamp.com/track/fe

• Like 2

I always thought the “musik von harmonia” album reminded me of autechre- as far as old shit goes. But really most cluster has an ae vibe IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Draft78 said:

I understand, but in the case of Autechre we all start with the precognition that we will have to dig repeatedly to get to the Holy Grail, with others instead we may not be willing to sacrifice, and stop at the first impact: an experimentation in lack of emotions.
This also applies to me, it is not an ad personam "criticism", it is rather a possibility that haunts me.

fair enough! i'll try to listen to it again, more than once again 

but the question is what each of us is look for in art, and what are we comparing here? just ''sounds like ae''? to compare something we'd first have to understand what we are comparing, right? and to communicate well we'd first need to overcome probable semantic disputes

in essence... imo... advanced sound design and a million permutations per second is not enough to make music like ae. but that's much easier to produce (especially if you're good in programming, like william fields is) than to make something like the 7-note-wonder vletrmx21 or ethereal subrange 6-36 or many ae tracks that wave it all

Edited by xox
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, xox said:

fair enough! i'll try to listen to it again, more than once again 

but the question is what each of us is look for in art, and what are we comparing here? just ''sounds like ae''? to compare something we'd first have to understand what we are comparing, right? and to communicate well we'd first need to overcome probable semantic disputes

in essence... imo... advanced sound design and a million permutations per second is not enough to make music like ae. but that's much easier to produce (especially if you're good in programming, like william fields is) than to make something like the 7-note-wonder vletrmx21 or ethereal subrange 6-36 or many ae tracks that wave it all

you raised a fundamental point: what we are looking for here. Personally I am not looking for music like Autechre, which, being like Ae, would consequently be good. If anything, I try to post music that seems good to me, as autechre is. The principle is this: my taste in music finds its apex in Ae, so, if something seems interesting to me, for some sort of transitive property, I find it possible that this may also apply to others who have a similar orientation, this even if the music in question is not necessarily similar to autechre.
It must be said, then, that i never find somewhere what I find in autechre, nothing - except for some things by Ligeti - has managed to move certain gears in me, so the question must be taken according to a much broader meaning: "things that those who is addicted of Ae might find interesting". Among these, then, also ends up music that, in fact, takes Ae as a model, and William Fields could be among them, even if he is positioned very far. In other words, I don't open the post hoping to have a revelation that competes with Ae, but a series of ideas given to me by people who have a taste in sound not far from mine.

• Like 3
  • Big Brain 1

On 4/16/2021 at 4:53 PM, Lianne said:

The guys who post on this forum make great, great music! And while I see you do have followings, it doesn’t make sense how some music really blows up and other work gets relatively overlooked.

I was just listening to this, which really reminds me of ‘Oversteps’ (especially when it keeps shifting harmonies after a minute in) and the melodic / ‘plucky’ parts of NTS4 and Onesix live set...

https://robertlogan1.bandcamp.com/track/fe

really nice! Can we know who he is on watmm?

• 3 weeks later...

^those drums about 3:00-3:30 had some super crunchy sounds

wasn't expecting that groove turn around 4:30-5:00

this alternate version where it's a different AI gets some pretty odd sounds going on with the vocals, i'm not terribly familiar with 0PN but it kinda reminds me of him more than AE.

• Like 3
  • Farnsworth 2

has a new album coming out on Endless Process (cristian vogel's label) but so far it's only on streaming services. 

https://patriklechner.bandcamp.com/track/der-urfuchs-ist-ein-schalentier

other track he has on bandcamp is also interesting

for some reason embed not working w/his stuff

https://patriklechner.bandcamp.com/track/oaschloch

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ignatius said:

has a new album coming out on Endless Process (cristian vogel's label) but so far it's only on streaming services. 

https://patriklechner.bandcamp.com/track/der-urfuchs-ist-ein-schalentier

other track he has on bandcamp is also interesting

for some reason embed not working w/his stuff

https://patriklechner.bandcamp.com/track/oaschloch

i like this! phenx!

• Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 10:58 PM, xox said:

really nice! Can we know who he is on watmm?

Oh - I was referring to pieces from WATMMers posted by others in this thread! Like Ignatius, but all the music posted here I've listened to has been really good... ?  

• Like 2

Can't edit, but wanted to incolude djimbe, joao maia e silva and another person from this thread who posts here and makes music  - can't remember now. ?

I already mentioned him, but I can't emphasise Phonophani enough. 'Genetic Engineering' - 'Kreken' is such a stunning album trio, and genuinely some of the most original music I have heard. Though different in sound, his best moments remind me of Autechre's best moments in hearing sounds that it seems I've never heard before.