Need some good music like Autechre

thehauntingsoul

2 hours ago, yekker said:

Question. Now that rephlex is gone can i get opinions on what current record label is putting out rephlex type stuff.

bandcampdotcom

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yekker said:

Question. Now that rephlex is gone can i get opinions on what current record label is putting out rephlex type stuff.

occult research is still my favorite of the newer labels.. wonder where they went. weme has some special things. oh and bbbbbb of course! trip records as well.

firecracker records has put out some good left field stuff over the last few years. analogical force for brain dance stuff

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, xox said:

Sounds dope but these are more like covers or LP5/EP7 tracks; I can hear specific/known Ae moments all the time which makes it very distracting for me.

perhaps. i find his structures and drum sounds to not be ae-like. there's a few synth sounds that for a minute trigger an ae vibe in my brain but overall i think he does a different thing.  also, his mixing and mix processing to me sounds very different to what ae does. 

there could be some max/msp crosstalk. he's a heavy max user.. wrote a book about it even. his previous ep might jell w/you better or might trigger those LP5/EP7 vibes. idk.  regardless.. i'm enjoying his tunes. 

https://www.amazon.com/Multimedia-Programming-using-Max-TouchDesigner/dp/1849699712/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=patrik+lechner&qid=1624207487&sr=8-1

1849699712.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg

Edited by ignatius
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

1849699712.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg

Hey i know this book! I wanted to buy it but soon after i took a break from learning Max; I’m planning to get back to it so this book is definitely on my radar 

9 minutes ago, xox said:

Hey i know this book! I wanted to buy it but soon after i took a break from learning Max; I’m planning to get back to it so this book is definitely on my radar 

it's available on kindle and also apple books i think.  i bought it from Pakt as a pdf i think.  haven't dived in yet though.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

what I did not know, and that only today I come to discover, is that Ligeti has put around a son, and that this has taken over from his father the urgency to push the music to the limit of its possibilities.

Here is Lukas Ligeti, in a sort of 20-minute long polymetric blastbeat:

here a composition for xylophone that must have given Ji Hie Jung some serious headache (the first piece has points of contact with Plaid)

Jazz with confield infection:

gorgeus marsma

and here he is, full of enthusiasm, obsessed with pushing the boundaries:

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Today I discover Dolores Cathorino.
The microtonal work of her manage to maintain harmonic consistency, with the addition of a sense of proximal imbalance

In music theory I have huge limits, it is however true that when I listen to things like Ivan Wyschnadsky's preludes I notice also the limes of the conventional scale

Edited by Draft78
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Draft78 said:

Today I discover Dolores Cathorino.
The microtonal work of her manage to maintain harmonic consistency, with the addition of a sense of proximal imbalance

In music theory I have huge limits, it is however true that when I listen to things like Ivan Wyschnadsky's preludes I notice also the limes of the conventional scale

mhh, yes, but Cathorino is Catherino and limes is limits. Surfing on dyslexia 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 1:13 PM, nikisoko said:

came across this because i'm following scanner on bandcamp and checkout what he buys. these people seem to have the ep7/cornfed sound down pretty well

https://dingndents.bandcamp.com/album/ankersteng

https://dingndents.bandcamp.com/album/iraer-tiaroe

it's a good label. i have a few of their releases but never thought of theem as confield/ep7. sounds way more like harsh glitch edits though smoe lushness. i like a lot of it. will check out these you linked.  might've missed some of the older releases!

edit: yeah.. missed those. they're way more on the nose of ae confield/ep7 stuff. 

edit edit: i think some times there's a bit of sound design that reminds of ae bits with the sometimes pithy things but they have a different sound on that label. more glitch time stretch angles. lot's of good stuff on the label. i have a playlist w/like 40 tracks or something. gets put on loop sometimes 🙂 

Edited by ignatius

29 minutes ago, nikisoko said:

came across this because i'm following scanner on bandcamp and checkout what he buys. these people seem to have the ep7/cornfed sound down pretty well

https://dingndents.bandcamp.com/album/ankersteng

https://dingndents.bandcamp.com/album/iraer-tiaroe

I think they were already mentioned in this thread, indeed an intriguing angle.

Anyway, it happens to be this label's 5th anniversary, so they do a 50% discount until October 1. damirat is Kim Changhee and Shin Sung Hoon and they have other & solo releases as well.

0025976738_10.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Amen Lare said:

I think they were already mentioned in this thread, indeed an intriguing angle.

ah ok. i did a search for damirat but nothing came up. good to know about the discount

3 hours ago, zaizai said:

this clap sounds like first ae phase (lowride)

Now if they would just play Feed1 on hold, I would enjoy it a lot more, plus it might push a lot of others out of the queue :emotawesomepm9:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2