IGNORED

what do you think?

Guest posdit

1st one.... liked it ok timbrally and general production wise... didnt really rate overall the tune that much. seemed to be too crowded for the most part although i did kind of hope it would kick back in again after the big cloud of reverb cut out, but it just ended.

2nd one.... wtf... this is way too ...er... wacky? for me. and not in a good way. sorry, i appreciate the apparent complexity in the strange, all over the place, approach to composition here but for me it sounds too much like a bad (robot) rock drummer and bassist playing along to a fancy home keyboard that's automatically cycling though all of its demo modes. i wouldn't call it shit because you clearly have a grasp of music. it's just totally not my cup of tea or even remotely like anything i would ever consider drinking ..... and i've drunk quite a lot of weird tasting stuff this weekend ... which could be responsible for the length of this post/ramble (along with the plain and simple question posed in the thread title)

i'm listening to the 1st one again because i didn't like the 2nd one to such a degree that i thought it might taint the overall tone of this post. i'm definitely attracted to this one from the outset and i quite like what's going on up to the point where the arping synth goes a bit crazy and the high lead synth loses it a bit for me too. as far as the simple octaving arp and drum sounds and fx go, i like it, but all the other melodic aspects put me off.

listening again. genuinely like the 1st minute and the end of this a lot, but not really into the middle at all

it's compelled me to write one of the longest posts that i've ever made in the ylc forum for whatever that's worth (probably not much)

Archived