IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the people who made Wolverine, or emotionless robots?, should be strung up in the streets by their flab/metal dangles and have rocks hurled at them....

The Hidden - 14/19

I watched Synecdoche New York the other day though. It made me feel terrible - in a good way. I'm not sure I understood it but the important thing is that it threw me to the ground and beat me silly.

yeah it fucking does that, doesn't it?

Guest A/D

being john malkovitch - 9/10 (duh)

prodigal son - 10/10 (someone on this board recommended this to me, it ruled so hard, thank you)

anvil: the story of anvil - 8/10 (extremely adorable and enjoyable. i'm going to guess it has no rewatch potential but it was awesome.)

synecdoche, new york - 10/10 (fuck yeah fuckkkk)

Guest 277: 930-933

Eden Lake - 8/10

Very good psychological drama.

Some people on imdb complained about the ending not being realistcic, I disagree, mob mentality and traumatic experiences can drive people to horrible acts.

Tip: enis

Tip: Dead End (with Ray Wise!)

Renting Step Brother now maibly becaise iy has steve brule in it and Im high as a kite on benzos.\

Guest Pennywise

i quite enjoyed taken. its cool, just watch it and enjoy without bitching about the cliches

Guest boo
the conversation - 10/10

Fixed.

srsly

yup! my avatar is from the conversation, if nobody noticed

haven't watched any films recently

Guest tv_party
The Conversation 7.5

the conversation - 10/10

Fixed.

srsly

just for that I'm downgrading it to a 6.5

Guest boo

*rewinds reel, fiddles with knobs*

just for that I'm downgrading it to a 6.5, which is lame

Guest Al Hounos

i put the conversation back up at 10

also,

Le Notti di Cabiria 10/10

Guest tv_party
*rewinds reel, fiddles with knobs*

just for that I'm downgrading it to a 6.5, which is lame

yeah jesus christ Religulous was FUCKING AWFUl, what a disingenuous dishonest prick for only going after judeo/christian monotheistic religions

he totally intellectually pussied out, iw as genuinely expecting the movie to be an argument against or a critique of the concept of religion not a movie with Bill Maher generically discredting 3 very mainstream religions and no others.

Guest Glass Plate

not to mention the very very 1 sided editing and the ultra-absurd closing note of connecting religion to our impending dooms/apocalypse.

Guest abusivegeorge

I watched "Full Metal Jacket" earlier, and realised for the first time, where carefully severing the head, and excrementing down the oesophagus comes from.

10/10 though.

The Objective - an intriguing concept, starts off with a CIA mission to get something classified in Afghanistan where this CIA dude drags a bunch of grunts out in the middle of no where and it basically turns into a haunted house style atmosphere ala The Shining but out in the open Afghanistan desert. The execution could have been better but i definitely recommend it to those who like creative horror movies and can look past some flaws. Directed by the guy who did the original Blair Witch Project. 7/10

Special - if you've seen Unbreakable this is basically the same concept but inverted. a guy starts taking an experimental anti depressant that convinces him he has actual super powers like teleportation. Started off great but kind of petered out towards the end. Michael Rapaport plays the lead and it's probably his best performance in a film ever. 8/10

Leatherheads - The Coen brothers would be proud of this one if not only for the visuals. I'm not a fan of any of Clooney's films, they all for me have a very uneven and mish mash feel to them but i thought this one was well executed for what it was flowed well. I can't say i liked it, but i did respect the work put into it. Definitly a way to ride the Coen bro's coat tails heavily influenced by Hudsucker PRoxy 6/10

Primer - just saw this again for probably the 14th time. If you haven't seen it and consider yourself a science fiction fan what the fuck are you waiting for? 10/10

Traitor - Stars Don cheedle as an american who becomes a terrorist... or does he? One of the stupidest action thrillers i have seen in a long time. It's one of those movies that in 20 years will be looked back on as a very dated Bush era ripped from the headlines throw away. 3/10

Synecdoche - Just watched for the 2nd time and i was a lot more immersed than when i first checked it out.

It did make me feel emotionally broken afterwards ( i guess a good movie does that?) but it's not one i would repeat casually. 9/10

Archived