IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Scenario fail.

No explanations (unless I missed something)

I think you missed everything.

qft

Guest futuregirlfriend

I haven't tried watching any yet, but some comments say there aren't any subs? If that's the case, what a shitter. There's a few there I haven't seen yet. I grabbed a 1080p rip of Andrei Rublev a few months ago, that's the only one available in a HD format isn't it?

The beautiful country - I remember watching this stoned off my ass and some scenes fucked me up proper. I didn't quite dare to watch it again, out of fear that I'd ruin my memory of it being such a powerful experience, but my curiousity got the upper hand. This movie really is good. The long journey of the main characters, the alienation and the sense of one desire being subjected to constant hardship really struck a deep chord. Overall, the film has more depth in its visual imagery than its acting or storytelling. It's somewhat ambiguous as to whether the journey was worth it, but I found the tale ultimately human and very gripping.

Just watched American History X.

i wonder how many of those who had racist ideals started thinking after watching this.

EDIT: 10/10. the movie speaks for itself. no reasons needed.

I quoted the movie (the bit about if hating ever really changed your life for the better) to a nazi I knew once and it had an effect on him, he changed.

lol he was a weak nazi then. a quote is never enough to change solid beliefs.

but the movie's message is pretty clear and even if you are normal (assuming that hating nazism is normal) it hits you in a way that makes you reflect.

Yes, he was a weak and troubled nazi, kind of on the fence about his ideals, I'd like to think that I pushed him in the right direction.

I just saw 2001: A Space Odyssey for the first time

I say 8/10

Great movie but I don't like the long drawn out scenes, and yes I realize it's part of Kubrick's style.

Style, yes, but why? you can have a good look at the spaceship, the suits, the computer, etc. these are tools. man is there for maintenance. tools are now almost autonomous. but the narrative is strongly visual right from the beginning, and shows the development of tools, the evolution... 11/10

Guest ruiagnelo

Just watched American History X.

i wonder how many of those who had racist ideals started thinking after watching this.

EDIT: 10/10. the movie speaks for itself. no reasons needed.

I quoted the movie (the bit about if hating ever really changed your life for the better) to a nazi I knew once and it had an effect on him, he changed.

lol he was a weak nazi then. a quote is never enough to change solid beliefs.

but the movie's message is pretty clear and even if you are normal (assuming that hating nazism is normal) it hits you in a way that makes you reflect.

Yes, he was a weak and troubled nazi, kind of on the fence about his ideals, I'd like to think that I pushed him in the right direction.

you have done a good thing, then.

Guest Fishtank

I just saw 2001: A Space Odyssey for the first time

I say 8/10

Great movie but I don't like the long drawn out scenes, and yes I realize it's part of Kubrick's style.

Style, yes, but why? you can have a good look at the spaceship, the suits, the computer, etc. these are tools. man is there for maintenance. tools are now almost autonomous. but the narrative is strongly visual right from the beginning, and shows the development of tools, the evolution... 11/10

well like that scene where he's floating towards the satalite and all you hear is breathing, it gets pretty boring after about 2 minutes and I already know what he's doing so why no jump cut to him fixing the thing? I guess I just have a short attention span, it's the same way with video games, I always want to cut the story part and just jump in and play.

just finished watching Surrogates. I spent the entire movie wishing I had put in Blade Runner instead.

anybody know if the graphic novel was any good?

BRUCE WILLIS IS DEAD.

BRUCE WILLIS IS DEAD.

BRUCE WILLIS IS DEAD.

BRUCE WILLIS IS DEAD.

BRUCE WILLIS IS DEAD.

BRUCE WILLIS IS DEAD.

BRUCE WILLIS IS DEAD.

BRUCE WILLIS IS DEAD.

Guest vodor

AVP: 2/5

pretty much shit in just about every way. one egregious example is where a face-hugger latches onto victim, falls off victim, victim becomes conscious, and chest-burster pops out in what can not be more than 5 minutes. literally. i'd time it if i was a bigger nerd, because there are parallel events and a regular event every 10 minutes that would make timing it precisely very practical! but i'm a sucker for the franchises so i did get some enjoyment from watching the aliens and predators do their respective things.

If you thought that was bad, check out the second one. It actually makes the first one look good...

AVP2: 1/5

pretty much shit in just about every way. one egregious example is where a face-hugger latches onto victim, falls off victim, victim becomes conscious, and chest-burster pops out in what can not be more than 5 minutes. literally. i'd time it if i was a bigger nerd, because there are parallel events and a regular event every 10 minutes that would make timing it precisely very practical! but i'm a sucker for the franchises so i did get some enjoyment from watching the aliens and predators do their respective things.

If you thought that was bad, check out the second one. It actually makes the first one look good...

It's more like Critters than alien or predator movie innit. It made me lol a heap, but that could be related to the alcohol intake and bad jokes from my friends.

just finished watching Surrogates. I spent the entire movie wishing I had put in Blade Runner instead.

god damn it, i only watched half of it the other day !! and yeah it was blowing hard, but still. Why did i press the spoiler tag !! god damn it.

lol

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

god damn it, i only watched half of it the other day !! and yeah it was blowing hard, but still. Why did i press the spoiler tag !! god damn it.

yeah it was very poor. had potential though as the idea is interesting and seemingly plausible.

if i haven't been out in a few days i sometimes feel like willis when hes walking down the street

Repo Men - 2.5/5

The premise was alright I guess, but it was still a run of the mill futuristic action movie in the end. Lots of gratuitous gore and the ends awkward sex/mutilation scene was weird. And there was some plot issues as well. Some cool fight scenes and Jude Law pulled off the bad ass role pretty well. Also Liev Schreibers minor role as the sleazy executive was good.

Archived