IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Anyone seen My Son My Son What Have Ye Done? I just noticed a dvd screener.

worth a look. shannon is good. not as good as bad lieutenant.

the ghost writer - really engrossing. probably my favorite movie i've seen this year.

Fuck yeah, mine easily. Such a goddamn well-made film. The ending was so utterly lol/brilliant. Also worth noting: best role for McGregor in over a decade.

POOF! *papers go flying* :crazy:

almost makes me want to rewatch the ninth gate. almost.

Guest ansgaria

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

It was a billion times more fun and entertaining than I even dared to imagine.

Guest abusivegeorge

Which one, they remake or the original?

I'm scared to watch the remake becuase the original holds such a place in my heart,

Guest viscosity

mostly stuff that's been rated here

Martyrs

I Come with the Rain (i'd like to see those bacon sculptures in person

The White Ribbon

all good, dankya watmm

Guest Billov

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Hadn't seen this movie in a lot of years and it was actually better than I remembered.

8/10

Best Terry Gilliam movie.

I still prefer 12 Monkeys :d

Guest tidbit

la caduta degli dei (the damned) 8

mephisto 8

nineteen eighy four 8

mon oncle 9

sgt pepper s lonely hearts club band 2

Hadn't seen this movie in a lot of years and it was actually better than I remembered.

8/10

I still prefer 12 Monkeys :d

Well, all in all his movies are extremely overrated.

Guest the anonymous forumite

For a few dollars more - 7/10

District 9 - so bad I had to stop after 30 minutes.

Up - 8/10 - so touching

Guest ansgaria

Which one, they remake or the original?

I'm scared to watch the remake becuase the original holds such a place in my heart,

The remake. No idea how it holds up against the original, but I loved it.

Speaking of Terry Gilliam, I've tried watching Brazil three times, all horribly late so I've always felt asleep. Daw.

Speaking of Terry Gilliam, I've tried watching Brazil three times, all horribly late so I've always felt asleep. Daw.

I've tried watching it two times and after 40 minutes or so I press stop. The movie simply screams, '80s sci-fi/comedy/fantasy movie' in all the wrong ways...

Guest Billov
]Well, all in all his movies are extremely overrated.

Yeah his films are a bit of a mixed bag, but I dunno about overrated, probably with the hipster arthouse crowd... but I think he gets pretty dodgey reviews and looses a lot of money on most of his films :/

as far as I've heard.

I've tried watching it two times and after 40 minutes or so I press stop. The movie simply screams, '80s sci-fi/comedy/fantasy movie' in all the wrong ways...

I was almost falling asleep when I saw it, lots of repetition like a series of bad dreams... But I thought it really pulled through in the end. I'd have to watch it again to really give a final verdict on it, but the end was quite a shocker...

Has anyone seen Tideland? Worth watching?

Your rating system seems to be based on some sort of emotional film projecting device that watches the film with you and then spits out the exact number rating somehow linking your heart-rate/body temperature to the span of time used up to watch any given film, i.e. 7.6 is a pretty exact number and I would give it an 8.27..... :emotawesomepm9:

Guest abusivegeorge

I can't figure out just why I love this film so much, this is the third time I've purchased it on DVD, because I keep buying it, taking it to friends houses to watch, and letting them keep it because they love it. Every time I watch it, I enjoy it just like I did the first time (not to mention I love Terry Gilliam anyway).

For me, personally this film is a 10/10 it never fails to keep me thoroughly entertained, every fucking time.

8/10

+1 without a doubt

I was almost falling asleep when I saw it, lots of repetition like a series of bad dreams... But I thought it really pulled through in the end. I'd have to watch it again to really give a final verdict on it, but the end was quite a shocker...

Has anyone seen Tideland? Worth watching?

I've seen Brazil twice, the first time I didn't really take any of it in and didn't think it was any good at all. The second time I thought it was excellent, but it was a real struggle to get through the first 45 minutes. I would watch it again definetly, but it has to be watched with patience I think.

splice

wost movie i've seen this year so far. can't believe i watched the whole thing.

edit: so i just found out the guy who directed and wrote splice is currently directing the neuromancer movie. first the rumored(?) casting of hayden christensen, and now this? it's as if they're deliberately trying to fuck it up in every way possible. fffuuu! :facepalm: :facepalm: :cry: :cry: :facepalm: :facepalm:

The Prestige -

At first I could see myself getting really bored but it picked up. Ended up riveted, it's such a well paced film. It's great to have a film where there isn't a clear line drawn between who is "good" and who is "bad", at least it gets you thinking about the characters. I remember when I first saw it being advertised and thought it looked kinda gash, but that may be down to how much I can't stand Christian Bale...

Overall a very good watch!

I give it eight bunnies being pulled out of a hat out of ten.

Adaptation -

I watched this film in two parts because I stupidly put it on at 11pm on a weeknight and realised I had to get to sleep. It started sorta slow, meandered around for ages and I didn't really know what to think about it, then suddenly that became its most endearing aspect. Nic Cage did a great job and for all the stick and ironic love he gets on here I have to say I respect him a lot as an actor.

I can see why Charlie Kaufman is so highly rated, pure originality.

I give it eight dumb ass twin brothers out of ten.

Archived