IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

La moustache - although it doesn't make any sense at all it's a beautiful and captivating film

agreed. such a great idea. infact it happened to me recently when i cut my chin length hair and no-one noticed. makes you realise that people don't see you they see their version of you.

Batman : Under the Red Hood - 8/10 - if you are a fan of batman chances are you will enjoy the shit out of this. my favorite animated batman feature since Mask of the Phantasm. Some of it is updated to have some similarities to the new chris nolan batman stuff. imagine a hybrid between the normal animated series but with actual killings and a very sadistic joker with long hair. About to check out 'public enemies' now, i must have missed that one it's about Lex Luthor becoming president of the united states.

The Masque of the Red Death (1964) - 7/10 - a very psychedelic and convoluted interpretation of the original story by Edgar allen poe, extremely colorful and packed with surreal imagery. they try to mash another poe story 'hop-frog' in the mix with interesting results, the climax of that story arc was my favorite part of the movie.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

youth in revolt 5/10

not really sure why this got into our netflix queue or how it got to the top or how it got into our dvd player. but there it was. the only good thing about this film is his alter ego with the little moustache. but of course thats been explored before and much better than this. michael cera looks like a bird/turtle mutant

Krull

Oh god no.

I know right? It's like you want to say 11/10, but that would be 1.1 and that's stupid, can't really get above unity, but you can't give it anything less because it's Krull for chrissakes, so what do you do?

wtf? Krull has cyclops n shit. i mean yea that guy doesnt use his golden swastika with blades til the end but that movie is still badass. dissin on krull will probably be the dumbest thing i read on watmm tonight unless vamos and happycase are postin shit right now.

SP vs W - 7/10 - not having a girlfriend with me in the theatre caused the film to annoy me. I think I will like it more when I am getting blown while viewing. Otherwise it made me feel inadequate. The vegan humour was funny and the editing/visuals were nice. The story was too much Diablo Cody for me, i.e. Hipster: The Film

Guest Billov

Top Secret - 8/10

Someone here posted up that cow scene and I just needed to see the rest of it. I was pretty disappointed when I watched Airplane! recently, remembered it being a lot funnier... But Top Secret was just miles above most of those spoof movies... quality stuff, thanks for the recommendation whoever it was you mysterious gentleman.

"i'll miss you the most scarecrow".... brilliant ending, and the underwater fight scene was superb

Guest abusivegeorge

Irreversible - 9/10

What a disturbing piece of cinema.

At the end, I just felt extremely grateful for everything and everyone I have in my life.

Perhaps bizarre to feel that way at the end of that film but meh.

yeah Neil Marshall needs to shape up....The Descent is one of my horror films but Doomsday was a comedy of errors and Centurion was awesome in its gore factors but not very good in all.... :sad:

centurion - this was about as good as dog soldiers and the descent, which is to say, not very good. but likeable in the way most b-movies are. please though, as a note to filmmakers: stop with the fucking cgi blood already. it doesn't look good.

Archived