A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SALT - 3/10

Goddamnit.

The Killer Inside Me - 7/10

Was kinda disappointed but Jessica Alba's ass was worth the 110 minutes.

Why do you even bother watching garbage like this in the first place, don't tell me you didn't have a "slight inkling" that Salt wasn't gonna be great -.-

Akira Kurosawas Seven Samurai, good, I was surprised at the amount of humour in it. The last fight scene seemed kind of botched and dragged on too long. But the colecting of the samurai and the especially the wannabe/drunken samurai was great.

Capitalism A Love Story, cosy countercapitalist propoganda nicely packed with semi true information

Rewatching Curb Your Enthusiasm again, pretty pretty good

SALT - 3/10

Goddamnit.

The Killer Inside Me - 7/10

Was kinda disappointed but Jessica Alba's ass was worth the 110 minutes.

Why do you even bother watching garbage like this in the first place, don't tell me you didn't have a "slight inkling" that Salt wasn't gonna be great -.-

Easy now. We knew it was going to suck but we just wanted to watch something entertaining. It started out alright and then it went downhill from there.

Guest Mirezzi

greenberg - navel gazing pile of shit

That's pretty generous. I seriously had to wonder if the whole thing was a conspiracy/in-joke to see how far Baumbach could take his dreadful style.

"Dear Starbucks..."

WTF was that????

I watched The Chaser again last night and fuck me what a great movie it is!

+10/10

:blink: this one http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1190539/ ? it's pretty damn awful, the screenplay is unbelievably contrived. "lets make the cars of the main bad guy and the main good guy collide" and "let the killer accidentally walk into the same store where his victim is hiding because he's out of cigarettes which will result in a gory, slow-mo and overdramatic murder scene"

I watched The Chaser again last night and fuck me what a great movie it is!

+10/10

:blink: this one http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1190539/ ? it's pretty damn awful, the screenplay is unbelievably contrived. "lets make the cars of the main bad guy and the main good guy collide" and "let the killer accidentally walk into the same store where his victim is hiding because he's out of cigarettes which will result in a gory, slow-mo and overdramatic murder scene"

Absolutely. Also, use spoilers. Kthx.

anybody here seen Songs from the Second Floor? I'm about to watch it, netflix told me i'd like it because i also liked Barton Fink, Dr. Strangelove and something else i don't remember.

i haven't seen it in a couple of years, but roy andersson makes gorgeous aesthetically pleasing movies, every other scene is like a painting.

great scene from his latest film "du levande" ("you, the living").

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43R1k8vHCh0

du levande is amazing, although it could be difficult to watch i guess, its more like a compilation of vignettes about misery and suffering. the set designs and the music are just impeccable, it also features the most brilliant scene ever in cinema.

Pirahna 3D - 9/10 - They're climbing in your windows, they're snatchin' your people up, so hide your kids, hide your wife,

hide your kids, hide your wife, hide your kids, hide your wife, and hide your husband 'cause they’re killin' errbody out there!

watched the first half of goodfellas, the good half, where everythings cool and up and comming. The second half would have only depressed me.

heh,

Tried to finish black dynamite again but could only get about five minutes further in than the past half way that i was at last time. I think i've realised that i don't like much of anything these days. I mean the elements in B dynamite are all there, it's got a nice score, it's shot with care and attention, the acting isn't crap. What the fucks wrong with me. I think they needed more cool interludes to salve my short attention span, like that liquor advertisement at the start of the piece.

the human centipede - i've been on an extreme horror kick lately and i think i finally hit my wall with a serbian film, so this thing's attempts to be shocking seemed quaint in comparison. next time i want to watch something like this, i'm just going outside instead.

Guest abusivegeorge

Luc Bessons Atlantis 10/10 - what is there not to like? Fucking beautiful film.

French film director, who spends half his life directing, and the other half diving. As a result Atlantis is a 1 hour 15 minute underwater film composed to a music score. Enlightening and heart-warming. Would recommend to anyone.

du levande is amazing, although it could be difficult to watch i guess, its more like a compilation of vignettes about misery and suffering. the set designs and the music are just impeccable, it also features the most brilliant scene ever in cinema.

I didn't like Du Levande much. Seemed to pale in comparison to Songs From The Second Floor.

The Expendables thoroughly lived up to it's name. I've never seen that many people with speech impediments in one film. 3/10

Chinatown: Hadn't seen this in years. A motherfucking 10.

The Crazies (2010) - 5/10

The most average film in the world. Watched it because someone mentioned it in the scary movies thread. There was literally nothing special about this film, it was so cookie cutter (whatever that means). I can't even think of anything in particular to comment on, because nothing stood out. However, I'm convinced that Timothy Olyphant is one of the worst actors at the moment, he's hilariously wooden, truly a rival to Keanu Reeves. Can't believe he even gets roles offered to him.

I like Radha Mitchell though... But that might be because I want to put my penis inside her.

Into the Mirror (the original The Mirrors) - 5/10

Hmmm... it started out as an alright horror movie, then nothing happened, then I lost track of what was going on, then I think I got back on track, and then it ended.

Guest ruiagnelo

Michael Moore's Capitalism: A love story.

I don't get the bad and hate reviews, i think it's pretty spot on, and delivers the message quite clearly. also it comes in a very important context and time.

very important/10

Guest Fishtank

Scott Pilgram V The World 6/10

Some good moments, a few hearty chuckles but little is explained. The movie ultimately banks to hard on nerd references and A.D.D. pacing to keep the implausible plot going.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

scott pilgrim 6/10

enjoyed but ultimately a little empty/hollow/unsatisfying. worth watching on dvd perhaps. the story was always going to be the films weak point and fighting 7 evil exs was as expected dull. but the humour was good. i just hated their hair so much.

Archived