IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

deuce bigalow male gigalo 5/10

why do they insist on saying man-whore when gigalo is a much better word and is in the title? is manwhore a funny word? nope. is this a funny movie? not entirely. couple lols though. gotta love rob schneider. not as good as the animal

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

t. However, I'm convinced that Timothy Olyphant is one of the worst actors at the moment, he's hilariously wooden, truly a rival to Keanu Reeves. Can't believe he even gets roles offered to him.

the only movie i enjoyed him in is a notoriously watmm hated movie Dreamcacthcer, his scene's involve him using psychic powers to try to get in a woman's pants and making fun of a dying old lady while getting drunk in the snow

t. However, I'm convinced that Timothy Olyphant is one of the worst actors at the moment, he's hilariously wooden, truly a rival to Keanu Reeves. Can't believe he even gets roles offered to him.

the only movie i enjoyed him in is a notoriously watmm hated movie Dreamcacthcer, his scene's involve him using psychic powers to try to get in a woman's pants and making fun of a dying old lady while getting drunk in the snow

So, ironic enjoyment then? Maybe I'll check that out.

I don't know... All the roles I've seen him in come across like he's taken them as a dare from his friends. Like after every line he's turning around sniggering out of disbelief that Hollywood hires someone so inept.

i thought Dreamcatcher was a genuinely enjoyable and ambitious stephen king adaptation. It was also directed by the guy who directed Empire Strikes Back. it is widely panned though, it's kind of one of my embarrassing movie likes ala Lady in the Water

i just started watching that but quit. i saw it a while back but cant remember much..i guess i just wasnt i the mood to watch horses being slaughtered and and babies being born. might finish it up tonight..

Guest ruiagnelo

gattaca - very good/10

loved the science fiction feeling brought without really creating new artifacts to show it.

you grab old cars that look sort of 50's and turn them into electric vehicles, driven by characters who look from past decades as well - altough surprisingly the character portrayed by uma thurman and all the women in general feel more contemporary and fresh, as opposite to men - shot against modern iconic architecure from the 50's and 60's - i recall the Marin County Civic Center, a project by one of the many disciples of architect Frank Lloyd Wright - acting as background and you really get a very futuristic, distant society. also the rockets being shot into space also provide a beautiful shot, especially in the end.

the soundtrack is sort of conventional, but it works.

bottle rocket was good, but tennenbaums, darjeeling limited and life aquatic are my favorites.

really darjeeling limited? I couldn't watch more than 20 minutes of it. Life aquatic is decent albeit a little bit too caked on wes andersony

Guest AcrossCanyons

bottle rocket was good, but tennenbaums, darjeeling limited and life aquatic are my favorites.

really darjeeling limited? I couldn't watch more than 20 minutes of it. Life aquatic is decent albeit a little bit too caked on wes andersony

darjeeling ltd was the first anderson film i saw and i absolutely love it. its hard to rank his films because i love them all so much, but rushmore or the royal tenenbaums probably reigns supreme.

Guest AcrossCanyons

also the scene in life aquatic with the

jaguar shark at the end

is one of if not my favourite film scene. the sigur ros track is perfect for it.

also the scene in life aquatic with the

jaguar shark at the end

is one of if not my favourite film scene. the sigur ros track is perfect for it.

Best scene from Life Aquatic is where Steve Zissou says

Son of a bitch, I'm sick of these dolphins.

Archived