IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched The Road last night, they did a great job of adapting the book, Viggo is perfect as "The Man" and actually wrote some of the music for the movie as well. Some scenes are pretty intense others are very moving. It's a shame this one kinda slipped under the radar so much

Life aquatic is awesome. It makes me grin like I do when watching the big lebowski.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

why did i watch gamer (0/10) ????????????? crank was great. crank 2 was pure shite and i knew gamer was gonna be shite from the trailer. must reorganise my netflix queue.

seeing dexter acting so badly was horrifying.

the only redeeming part of the film was when he snapped the bad guys neck but even that isn't worth a 1/10. please make no more films ever ok.

there were so many "why did..." moments that we gave up asking why. the end felt very anti-climatic and the blue velvet singing homage was worse than the bollywood song in scott pilgrim

Four Lions -9/10

Torrent found

yup torrent found. feel slightly bad but i own all his tv stuff on dvd and this didnt play near me.

not watched yet

che - the only thing i took away from this is that steven soderbergh is a lousy director.

which part did you see? i thought the 2nd one was a lot better than the first.

sorry, yeah, saw both parts. i agree that the second was stronger, but it was still weak. i thought he could have played up a little bit more drama near the end. it wasn't even particularly accurate.

i respect soderbergh as a filmmaker though. he released three indies in a row and champions releasing films to dvd the same day they come out in theaters, which is cool. and in theory, the variation in his career between big hollywood movies and indie stuff is admirable. i just don't think he's made a really strong movie. i guess the limey was pretty good. schizopolis was ok. solaris had a great soundtrack but wasn't a good movie. and out of sight was pretty good, actually. the informant was fucking terrible. i am kind of interested in his adaptation of the sot weed factor, although i can see it going really wrong. he's never made a truly great movie, and it's been a while since he made something even decent.

i had an argument yesterday about whether 0/10 is a valid rating or not. is 1/10 the lowest you can give?

Guest ruiagnelo

i had an argument yesterday about whether 0/10 is a valid rating or not. is 1/10 the lowest you can give?

0/10 is for me the lowest. it's like you are saying "how the hell someone even thought of making this?"

just read the synopsis for 'four lions' , was this commissioned by Tony Blair? i thought movies about muslim terrorists were not trendy anymore. Is this movie even watchable? the movie seems like it belongs in the post 9/11 hysteria of 2004/5 at most.

Guest Billov

just read the synopsis for 'four lions' , was this commissioned by Tony Blair? i thought movies about muslim terrorists were not trendy anymore. Is this movie even watchable? the movie seems like it belongs in the post 9/11 hysteria of 2004/5 at most.

Pretty sure it was more related to the London subway suicide bombings..

Its altogether a pretty weird film. Its by far the most intense comedy I've seen. I felt very paranoid when I left the theatre that day. Not quite sure why...

I enjoyed it, but I felt it didn't come together quite so smoothly. It blends some really smug culture jokes with some very silly slapstick and some bizarre Morris moments. The characters weren't very believable to be honest. Their motives didn't make much sense most of the time, but fuck that shit... I still found it funny/shocking throughout.

Archived