IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Love Is A Drug - 7/10 probably giving it an extra point and a half because I love this girl

Love-Is-The-Drug-lizzy-caplan-2948118-400-268.jpg

MacGruber - 4/10 had some redeeming parts and gave me a few good samples of non-dialogue sounds that are really fitting so thanks for that but it wasn't really funny.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

agora - shitfuck (weisz naked ass at 6:17)

the other guys - funny but lacks the warm embracing stupidity of step brothers and anchormen

ne goryuy - 8.5/10 - a very funny and humane film about..life i guess.

pasport - 7.5/10

Guest viscosity

decided to check out Streamers hearing it referenced in the first vhs head ep. liked it so went on to check out Hurlyburly, another play by David Rabe.

i think those are the only two adapted to film. anyone know of any other good screenwriters?

also checked out some of Herzog's latest

Rescue Dawn

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans

My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done

enjoyed his last two, had only seen Stroszek and some documentaries up till this point. want to check out Even Dwarfs Started Small next

The Good, the Bad & the Weird - 8.5/10 - Loved this.

Ip Man - 6/10 - Couple decent fight scenes. The rest was pretty boring.

Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child - 8/10 - Well done documentary, although I didn't really learn much I didn't already know.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/10 - Really surprised how much I liked this. I chalk that up to Edgar Wright though I've never read the comic. My favorite parts of the film were the non-fighting parts. Loved all the old school video game references and just about everyone in the film was really well cast. But the over-acting of his opponents, especially during the fight scenes, was cringe-inducing. Though I think if you liked 'Spaced' you'll enjoy a good portion of this film.

Lost in Translation -- 8/10

A well made film. Great, "natural" acting by Bill Murray, his performance almost seems effortless but convincing. Emotive at certain points, exploring many different human feelings. I'd probably rate it in my top 10 best films, though I'd need to watch it again I think for a better evaluation. Was very skeptical on how this film could be pulled off, with a storyline which is not quite conventional to say the least -- but it was thoroughly well created.

About Schmidt -- 6/10

I am a huge fan of Jack Nicholson but I really think that this character role does not suit his overall acting style. Playing a depressive, "nobody" type of character is not the best role to put him in. I'm just so used to seeing him in very outspoken roles that as soon as I watch him in About Schmidt, I don't quite enjoy his acting as much. Perhaps some of you may understand where I'm coming from here? > nevertheless, it was not an awful film. Some very funny moments, and it was quite moving at times. I don't think Nicholson

will truly be remembered for this film in his career spanning decades of film work.

you can count on me - it's a small movie, with some good performances. matthew broderick basically plays the same guy he played in election. mark ruffalo was really good. a nice portrait of a fuck up who can't really help it. reminded me of my sister.

dawn of the dead (2004) - i'm sure this is total sacrilege but i think this is far superior to the original. but then i always thought the original was just a badly made b-movie with a satirical bent and very little else.

an education - i guess i was expecting something else. just sort of a tame, boring coming of age story. didn't seem to have anything interesting to say about sex, being a woman, or anything else.

i want to see movies on Mexican drug cartels. an excuse to see violence maybe. rise and fall of kingpins. the only thing that comes close is Traffic. hopefully more will be released in the future.

Guest Mirezzi

you can count on me - it's a small movie, with some good performances. matthew broderick basically plays the same guy he played in election. mark ruffalo was really good. a nice portrait of a fuck up who can't really help it. reminded me of my sister.

One of my favoritest films ever (seriously). Simple but poignant story and unpretentiously executed. Very much reminded me of the relationships I have with my siblings. Ruffalo and Linney were both outstanding.

an education - i guess i was expecting something else. just sort of a tame, boring coming of age story. didn't seem to have anything interesting to say about sex, being a woman, or anything else.

It was terrible if we're being honest here....but yeah, I had a similar reaction. Hornby's script was bad, too.

Guest ruiagnelo

the shining - the /10 rating system is just unfair for this one

i feel like i am roaming around deep inside the maze at the overlook everytime i watch this movie. but i like it. everything is so perfectly crafted, the story, the characters, the visual puzzle and the atmosphere. even the little so called 'mistakes' - which i don't believe they are, considering kubrick was extremely perfectionist - are important and intensify the overall mystery. i am recalling the strange thing that is only visible for a few seconds during the blood splash sequence, which seems to be a kind of driving element to create that specific flowing effect, the shadows accidentally caused by crew elements and machinery or the manager´s office that has a window to the outside, although it would be impossible in reality, as it is located right in the center of the building.

this is cinema.

the human centipede - fucking hype, how does it work?/10

when i saw two new york girls phoning another girl about a party in germany, during an europe trip, i thought.. right... i am getting the point. as they reach the german doctor's house, i start to get more interested in it. he has the perfect face and attitude to portray a retired doctor, conducting sick medical experiences on human beings, and i like how he shows no emotion and try to anesthetize the girls with such tranquility. then he explains his victims what he is about to do, does it and that's that.

i think watching the entire movie or the press trailer both represent the same thing.

i never fall into the temptation of hype the media grows up on people, and this was no exception.

but this movie isn't even loyal to the 100% medically accurate bullshit that was promised, because: a)the girls and the japanese guy are not compatible, which is pretty much enough to throw down the concept; b)the guy scratches his head while in procedure; c) i guess that in absolute pain, the victims would start forcing themselves to move, thus messing up the job; d) wait, wait... human centipede, what??

i felt the same as when i watched the hostel movies. movies that seem to have the balls to scare me, but just can't do it, because they are so terrible.

Guest abusivegeorge

Rambo: First blood

I've never actually sat and properly watched First Blood all the way through, what a fucking movie, and the last 5 minutes, his "speech" at the end, wow. Totally didn't expect that at all, and made me shed a tear. Wtf lol!

10/10

Guest disparaissant

watched repo men just now

holy hell that's one of the worst films i've seen in a long time.

it would have been 1/10 overall but then the twist ending happened which pushed it down to something like -3/10.

can you believe that film is one of the better ones made during the eighties? along with Blade Runner, Brazil, Blue Velvet, Dune, Dead Alive, From Beyond, Angel Heart, Full Metal Jacket, Koyaanisqasti, Legend, The Adventures of Baron von Munchausen, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Nausicaa, The Fog, Prince of Darkness, The Gate, They Live, Poltergeist, The Elephant Man, Videodrome, The Black Cauldron, Gandahar and The Shining......such a bleak period in film history

Guest disparaissant

repo mEn, not repo mAn

the movie from earlier this year with jude law and forrest whittaker.

repo MAN is one of my favorite films, along with a good chunk of that list.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

four lions maybe a 6 or 7/10

the funny parts i expected to be funnier. the serious parts i expected. what i didn't expect was for them to be quite so dumb. the trailer gave away alot of the film but i guess i figured they were showing the dumbist moments. not so. these guys are completely useless to the point of retardation. which is where the film fell short for me - they were just too stupid to feel real. i know there are uk/pakistani muslims that feel this way about infidels etc - i've talked to some but by portraying them as SO stupid you are taking away from the reality of the situation. which maybe his intention but for me the film was based in another dimension.

wonder how cm would feel if someone did now bomb the london marathon.

i'm going to watch it again and see if i enjoy it more. i suppose my expectations got in the way. he has been working on this for years and it didnt feel like enough. dig?

i remember being on set and thinking my lines were great. dunno what happened to them in the final cut but i was kinda embarrassed with that scene. arse man!

Rambo: First blood

I've never actually sat and properly watched First Blood all the way through, what a fucking movie, and the last 5 minutes, his "speech" at the end, wow. Totally didn't expect that at all, and made me shed a tear. Wtf lol!

10/10

[/quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJuYAVeTzOA

:biggrin:

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

has anyone seen either:

ARMY OF CRIME

OR

THE DISAPPERANCE OF ALICE CREED

??

double feature i'm considering. heard good things about alice creed but nothing about t'other

Archived