• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

has anyone seen either:

ARMY OF CRIME

OR

THE DISAPPERANCE OF ALICE CREED

??

double feature i'm considering. heard good things about alice creed but nothing about t'other

THE DISAPPERANCE OF ALICE CREED is excellent. Well worth a watch.

Guest disparaissant

wrote a review of repo men for a blog of mean spirited reviews a friend of mine just decided to start

http://myproblemisthus.tumblr.com/post/1060074434/repo-men

just watched stripes. it's been a while. i love bill murray. whenever i'm done babysitting im gonna fall asleep watching smultronstället for the bajillionth time.

love your new icon, jaffa.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

has anyone seen either:

ARMY OF CRIME

OR

THE DISAPPERANCE OF ALICE CREED

??

double feature i'm considering. heard good things about alice creed but nothing about t'other

THE DISAPPERANCE OF ALICE CREED is excellent. Well worth a watch.

in that case imma go. but imma smartbuoy. imma go for alice first then if t'othr one sucks i can christian bale

Guest Gbiscuit

can you guys recommend any good western movies, similar to The Good, The Bad and The Ugly?

Anything directed by an Italian really. Double points if it has Lee Van Cleef in it.

Guest ruiagnelo

can you guys recommend any good western movies, similar to The Good, The Bad and The Ugly?

Anything directed by an Italian really. Double points if it has Lee Van Cleef in it.

i might also check other films by leone. pretty strange that these amazing westerns were directed by italians. i wasn't aware of this before.

four lions maybe a 6 or 7/10

the funny parts i expected to be funnier. the serious parts i expected. what i didn't expect was for them to be quite so dumb. the trailer gave away alot of the film but i guess i figured they were showing the dumbist moments. not so. these guys are completely useless to the point of retardation. which is where the film fell short for me - they were just too stupid to feel real. i know there are uk/pakistani muslims that feel this way about infidels etc - i've talked to some but by portraying them as SO stupid you are taking away from the reality of the situation. which maybe his intention but for me the film was based in another dimension.

wonder how cm would feel if someone did now bomb the london marathon.

i'm going to watch it again and see if i enjoy it more. i suppose my expectations got in the way. he has been working on this for years and it didnt feel like enough. dig?

i remember being on set and thinking my lines were great. dunno what happened to them in the final cut but i was kinda embarrassed with that scene. arse man!

the movie's concept seems kind of racist to me, but i guess i might just be oversensitive. in england and other parts of europe it seems more acceptable to be openly racist towards muslims than where i live.

maybe since the tube bombing happened more recently than 9/11 people are still have a fear of muslims over there? not really sure

The Good, the Bad & the Weird - 8.5/10 - Loved this.

:unsure:

there was nothing substantial or interesting to back all the non-stop high budget carnage

It wasn't high art or anything but I had fun watching the film.

code rush - interesting doc about software engineers working for netscape as mozilla code was released as open source. basically a portrait of silicon valley in its waning days. it's been out of print for a long time but you can watch it here: http://www.viddler.com/explore/waxpancake/videos/12/

i might also check other films by leone. pretty strange that these amazing westerns were directed by italians. i wasn't aware of this before.

The Great Silence

Any Django

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

four lions - just realised that my downloaded version did not contain a joke about mini babybell. can anyone confirm that was in the film (in the cinema) and not just the preview.

the godfather 9/10

very good. definitely feels like part of a longer story but wraps up nicely too. for 3 hours it felt like they skipped over some parts and focused on other parts for too long. only a minor quibble though.

looking forward to part 2 tonight and 3 tomorrow.

lost 2 stars for the copy i had not having any subtitles (for the long scenes in italian) (not really the films fault i'd guess) and for the volume having to be at 45 (35 is usually max) to hear some godfather mumbling.

gained 1 star back when i just remembered the horses head scene (real head!) and the way my heart raced like a panic attack when michael walked out the bathroom with the gun.

on previous viewings (long ago) i remember the film more violently but i suppose in comparison with todays films it feels less so.

also lol at actors reactions to getting shot up. mostly james caaaaaaaaaan. do they research what people look like when they get shot up? watch executions etc?

Guest ruiagnelo

four lions - just realised that my downloaded version did not contain a joke about mini babybell. can anyone confirm that was in the film (in the cinema) and not just the preview.

the godfather 9/10

very good. definitely feels like part of a longer story but wraps up nicely too. for 3 hours it felt like they skipped over some parts and focused on other parts for too long. only a minor quibble though.

looking forward to part 2 tonight and 3 tomorrow.

lost 2 stars for the copy i had not having any subtitles (for the long scenes in italian) (not really the films fault i'd guess) and for the volume having to be at 45 (35 is usually max) to hear some godfather mumbling.

gained 1 star back when i just remembered the horses head scene (real head!) and the way my heart raced like a panic attack when michael walked out the bathroom with the gun.

on previous viewings (long ago) i remember the film more violently but i suppose in comparison with todays films it feels less so.

also lol at actors reactions to getting shot up. mostly james caaaaaaaaaan. do they research what people look like when they get shot up? watch executions etc?

my favorite from the trilogy. a true masterpiece.

also better get some subtitles for part two, it has a ton of italian lines.

four lions maybe a 6 or 7/10

the funny parts i expected to be funnier. the serious parts i expected. what i didn't expect was for them to be quite so dumb. the trailer gave away alot of the film but i guess i figured they were showing the dumbist moments. not so. these guys are completely useless to the point of retardation. which is where the film fell short for me - they were just too stupid to feel real. i know there are uk/pakistani muslims that feel this way about infidels etc - i've talked to some but by portraying them as SO stupid you are taking away from the reality of the situation. which maybe his intention but for me the film was based in another dimension.

wonder how cm would feel if someone did now bomb the london marathon.

i'm going to watch it again and see if i enjoy it more. i suppose my expectations got in the way. he has been working on this for years and it didnt feel like enough. dig?

i remember being on set and thinking my lines were great. dunno what happened to them in the final cut but i was kinda embarrassed with that scene. arse man!

the movie's concept seems kind of racist to me, but i guess i might just be oversensitive. in england and other parts of europe it seems more acceptable to be openly racist towards muslims than where i live.

maybe since the tube bombing happened more recently than 9/11 people are still have a fear of muslims over there? not really sure

I think it's more that people find racism so stupid that it's funny.

Prince.of.Persia.The.Sands.of.Time ...

Seemed to be paced ok and then they pressed the time button and blasted through relevant plot/cinematic flyovers/sidecharacterbackstories .. -sie- every now and then, and you really felt this flaw, every time we visited a new location/introduced a new character/plot element .. if only this had been a mini series it might have been an ok half arsed bS attempt at recreating prince of persia ... they have much to learn from both US comics and anime .. much they ignore to my undying disgust ..

Guest Fishtank

Machete 6.6/10

pretty much like The Expendables

it's stupid and it takes itself too seriously at times

it knows its stupid which is good but it falls a little flat most of the time

Machete 6.6/10

pretty much like The Expendables

it's stupid and it takes itself too seriously at times

it knows its stupid which is good but it falls a little flat most of the time

how would you compare it to Planet Terror? was it the same level of taking itself seriously?

Good point actually. I got it on DVD yesterday and I don't remember the "Fuck mini-babybel!" bit from the cinema... Maybe it got removed for legal reasons or some shit.

Four Lions 8/10 good strong stuff, especially lol'd at the bit where Barry gets two of the idiots to walk out shaking their heads vigorously to blur their faces should they be on camera xD (and nice to hear Avril 14th at the end)

The Collector 3/10 Someone on here recommended it, I really don't know why, unless you like films like 'Saw' or 'Hostel'. Must admit it started very promisingly but tapered off into frustrating mindless torture.

The Other Guys 7/10 Adam "Will Ferrel reviver" McKay is back and though it's not as funny as Step Brothers the humour is much in the same delightfully silly vein and it has some fucking excellent moments.

Archived