IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

four lions - just realised that my downloaded version did not contain a joke about mini babybell. can anyone confirm that was in the film (in the cinema) and not just the preview.

Good point actually. I got it on DVD yesterday and I don't remember the "Fuck mini-babybel!" bit from the cinema... Maybe it got removed for legal reasons or some shit.

Warp sued by Babybell

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the godfather part 2 7/10

why am i watching these without subtitles? amma go buy the fucking boxset. i could work out what was going on mostly but had no idea who the guy whose belly he sliced open was (i read it afterwards). the ending didnt feel like an ending but maybe because i missed something or maybe because its part of a bigger story.

there was only one scene which i thought was as powerful as the first film and that was when kay tell michael about the abortion and he explodes.

so why was the 3rd one made so much later? 1974 and then 1990? i'm concerned.

how much subtitles in the 3rd part?

Guest ruiagnelo

why am i watching these without subtitles? amma go buy the fucking boxset. i could work out what was going on mostly but had no idea who the guy whose belly he sliced open was (i read it afterwards). the ending didnt feel like an ending but maybe because i missed something or maybe because its part of a bigger story.

there was only one scene which i thought was as powerful as the first film and that was when kay tell michael about the abortion and he explodes.

you don't need that much subtitles in the 3rd part.

you should have got them for the 2nd part. there is a lot of italian going on there.

Guest ruiagnelo

four lions 8/10

noob terrorists lol

it is a great film. really laughed at the two guys shaking the heads and poor faisal stumbling in the sheep field.

also sophia is kind of arab hottie:

preeya%281%29.jpg

Compared to Godfather 1 it might be 7/10, but all in all compared to other movies it should rank a bit higher. Just my opinion there.

i actually liked Godfather 2 more than the first one. It's one of the extremely rare instances for me of a sequel being better than it's predecessor. I love all the stuff in cuba and watching the relationship between his brother fall apart

Guest ruiagnelo

i actually liked Godfather 2 more than the first one. It's one of the extremely rare instances for me of a sequel being better than it's predecessor. I love all the stuff in cuba and watching the relationship between his brother fall apart

i love both cuba and italy parts. and the young robert de niro's performance is, for me, one of his best career moments.

+1

They are both excellent, but #2 REALLY gets me. Love it.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

four lions 8/10

noob terrorists lol

it is a great film. really laughed at the two guys shaking the heads and poor faisal stumbling in the sheep field.

preeya%281%29.jpg

KIND OF?????? KINDA HELLA HOTTAY

FIIIIIIIIINEEEEEEE

Guest ruiagnelo

four lions 8/10

noob terrorists lol

preeya%281%29.jpg

FIIIIIIIIINEEEEEEE

indeed. hottest arab i have seen in a while

07-05-09-image-2-920134170.jpg

four lions 8/10

noob terrorists lol

preeya%281%29.jpg

FIIIIIIIIINEEEEEEE

indeed. hottest arab i have seen in a while

07-05-09-image-2-920134170.jpg

she's in eastenders

burden of dreams 7/10

enjoyable documentary about werner herzog making fitzcaraldo. similar to lost in la mancha except the film gets finished. younger herzog is like a 80s footballer except when he talks. lost stars for the filmmakers not really capturing the boat finally going over the mountain. it was an afterthought on the documentary. "oh and it went over eventually". follow your dreams kids

burden of dreams 7/10

enjoyable documentary about werner herzog making fitzcaraldo. similar to lost in la mancha except the film gets finished. younger herzog is like a 80s footballer except when he talks. lost stars for the filmmakers not really capturing the boat finally going over the mountain. it was an afterthought on the documentary. "oh and it went over eventually". follow your dreams kids

Interesting stuff alright, but have you seen My Best Fiend? His documentary on his director/actor relationship with Klaus Kinski. Its almost like a Herzog film in itself, theres just so much incredible offscreen footage and really quite insightful and compelling.

Guest Mirezzi

I revisited Godfather 1 & 2 about two months ago and was rather bored. I think Italian gangster shit hasn't aged well at all. I'll take Miller's Crossing any day over Coppola / Scorsese.

I just watched Rules of the Game for the first time. Mindbogglingly excellent. Them Renoirs had good genes.

I revisited Godfather 1 & 2 about two months ago and was rather bored. I think Italian gangster shit hasn't aged well at all. I'll take Miller's Crossing any day over Coppola / Scorsese.

I just watched Rules of the Game for the first time. Mindbogglingly excellent. Them Renoirs had good genes.

You sure it hasn't aged well? Because I think it aged better than most film I know.

robin hood (2010)

not nearly as bad as i expected, and doesn't deserve all the hate it's getting imo. sure, there were some cringeworthy scenes (everything about the beach scene near the end for example), and im sure it's nowhere near as

historically accurate as one would like to think (regarding events and portrayal of kings and what not, im well aware "robin of the hood" is pretty much just a myth), but overall it managed to keep me entertained for about

2 hours and 40 minutes. 7/10

I'm not big into mafia flicks but I still find Goodfellas to be infinitely re-watchable. Did you see Public Enemies, Mirezzi?

Greenberg - 6.5/10 - All the supporting actors were really good but I don't think Ben Stiller is enough of an actor to carry this film. He got the neuroses down but I didn't find a lot of his anger convincing. They should have cast Marc Maron, it's the role he was born to play.

Repo Men - 6/10 - It tries to be a satire on the level of something like Robocop but the director is no Verhoeven. Doesn't help that the main characters feel miscast. Strangely enough I still had fun with the film, for the most part.

I only saw the godfather trilogy for the first time one or two ears a go and I liked them a lot, except the third one ofc (lol @ helicopter scene). i don't remember thinking that it looked/felt outdated in anyway.

Grown Ups

really not funny

Idiocracy

still funny the second time around

The Man Who Wasn't There

Grrreat.

I need to rewatch Idiocracy, I loved the premise of it but found it fell so short of the mark and just came over as painfully unfunny

Guest ansgaria

"I'm Here". Written and directed by Spike Jonze.

im_here.jpg

It's a 30 minute short film and damnit it's an impressive piece of work. I've been a fan of Jonze's work for a handful of time now and he never ceases to amaze me. It's pretty much a robot love story set in a world where robots just walk around humans as (almost) equals. Not some fancy "I, Robot" stuff, they're active members of the community, so odd. I loved the entire thing, I strongly recommend you watch it. The lack of 'realism' in the robot designs are made up for with the realness of the characters.

I also love the way it's available online. Head over to http://www.imheremovie.com/ and you'll see a computer screen with options, one showing the renaming 'seats' left that day. Apparently there's a seat/view limit, but since it came out around January, I doubt that there's more than 10.000 (or whatever it is) viewers per day. But you choose to watch it and it plays in full screen in a pretty decent quality. Loved it, I wish more films were presented online like this.

Archived