IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

the godfather part 3 5/10

what a shitty ending to the trilogy. the whole catholic church bit was pointless. the sniper had zero patience which doesn't sound like a sniper to me. the security was laughable and unrealistic for a guy who has probably has assassination attempts all the time. "now let me count the priests in 1,2,3,4,5,whatever,whatever,everyone in, come on come on opera time la la la, la la, la la, la la la - la la laaa". the relationship between vincent and mary was laughable. vincents ascension into the family was so rushed i was confused.

had some good moments but overall shoddy

someone recently said to me "i wish sophia coppola had stayed in front of the camera"

i lolled. they must really hate her direction

someone also said "yeah they ended it like that as i'm pretty certain there'll be a sequel" (about inception)

Guest ruiagnelo

the godfather part 3 5/10

what a shitty ending to the trilogy. the whole catholic church bit was pointless. the sniper had zero patience which doesn't sound like a sniper to me. the security was laughable and unrealistic for a guy who has probably has assassination attempts all the time. "now let me count the priests in 1,2,3,4,5,whatever,whatever,everyone in, come on come on opera time la la la, la la, la la, la la la - la la laaa". the relationship between vincent and mary was laughable. vincents ascension into the family was so rushed i was confused.

had some good moments but overall shoddy

yes, part 3 is a complete let down. it's the only reason why i don't see the trilogy that often. it makes me revolted and depressed.

was it the huge gap that separated the making of the two parts? did coppola got depressed à la apocalypse now? dunno.

but the first godfather film is a masterpiece and i have a special love for it. of that i am sure.

the scene where michael breaks down whilst confessing could have been a great scene but it was wasted.

the scene on the steps when michael is wailing. what the hell is his sister doing? she wailing at kay or something. made me laugh.

andy garcia!!!

al pacino to robert de niro to andy garia :facepalm:

Macgruber - 4/10

it's been a long time since a comedy literally put me to sleep. Minus a few funny scenes the movie was extremely boring. I can safely put it in the same category of films as Night at the Roxbury, Superstar and Ladies Man

it was more vulgar than all 3 of those, ill give it that but only because its been 10 years since those films. I feel bad for Will Forte who is a funny man but this will leave a stain on his career forever.

Watched Rosemary's Baby last night. Creepy, claustrophobic, frustrating at times. 8/10

I couldn't quite tell if it was about the old sucking the life out of the young, or a big metaphor for a pregnant woman's prebirth distraught and fevered emotions.

Maybe it's both, good film at any rate.

Watched Rosemary's Baby last night. Creepy, claustrophobic, frustrating at times. 8/10

I couldn't quite tell if it was about the old sucking the life out of the young, or a big metaphor for a pregnant woman's prebirth distraught and fevered emotions.

Maybe it's both, good film at any rate.

I saw it again too, and what I basically took away from it was that it was a thinly-veiled autobiographical account of Polanski's rape MO :emotawesomepm9:

skeleton key 6/10

this gained stars for a non-happy ending. quite surprising. i only half watched the rest of it though whilst my wife watched it. on netflix play instant.

Paranormal Activity - 2/10

It got 2 points only because it was somewhat entertaining cause we spent the whole film predicting what the ghost was up to... ie fapping in the closet, going for a shite etc...

Was NOT scary in the slightest, even had the lights turned off but I guess alcohol only made it funny.

Where the Wild Things Are - 8.5/10

Second time watching and its still got the magic, Alexander the goat and the buffalo/bull were my favourite characters...

I don't believe in Al Qaeda and wasn't into the film, not my kind of humor...

Warp X is putting out films that I don't enjoy at all....

very disappointing

Guest Panthroid

Antichrist

Misread -and thus underrated- by many. This movie fits perfectly in the Lars Von Trier anthology. Once again we have a female idealist who sacrifices everything (her sanity and physical health) for a greater cause (to fully undergo the grief she feels she deserves), only to be brutally abused in her vulnerability (in this case by the cold hard reason of the know-it-all husband). He tries to degrade the complexity of her mourning to mere phases (the fear-phase, anger-phase, etc). A bit further into the movie, when the much-discussed torture scenes kick off, I could imagine her thinking "Well, what would you call *this* phase, motherfucker?". :rhubear1:

Apart from all of the character/psychology/ethics stuff, this is a damn fine moodpiece. Amazing visuals and a very nice creepy-drone-laden soundtrack.

And the scene with the fox is by far the funniest moment in recent film history.

Hot Fuzz

This is one of those films one loves to revisit every once in a while. Amazingly detailed. It uses pretty much every trick in the book, but in a marvellous tongue-in-cheek kinda way. Favourite moment is Timothy Dalton with a smug smile suspiciously driving by a house that is burnt to the ground, whilst Arthur Brown's "Fire" plays on the car radio.

Antichrist

Misread -and thus underrated- by many. This movie fits perfectly in the Lars Von Trier anthology. Once again we have a female idealist who sacrifices everything (her sanity and physical health) for a greater cause (to fully undergo the grief she feels she deserves), only to be brutally abused in her vulnerability (in this case by the cold hard reason of the know-it-all husband). He tries to degrade the complexity of her mourning to mere phases (the fear-phase, anger-phase, etc). A bit further into the movie, when the much-discussed torture scenes kick off, I could imagine her thinking "Well, what would you call *this* phase, motherfucker?". :rhubear1:

Apart from all of the character/psychology/ethics stuff, this is a damn fine moodpiece. Amazing visuals and a very nice creepy-drone-laden soundtrack.

And the scene with the fox is by far the funniest moment in recent film history.

Well said but still the feet? I didn't find her to be someone capable of healing, I guess that makes the husband even more of idiot. Otherwise I agree, good moody movie

I don't believe in Al Qaeda and wasn't into the film, not my kind of humor...

Warp X is putting out films that I don't enjoy at all....

very disappointing

I have to agree. I found it disjointed and unsuccessful as either A. comedy or B. off-handed drama.

I laughed at a few things, but it was really disappointing.

Archived