IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

so this is that joaquin phoenix doc. was contemplating on making a thread but i guess ill just post it here. what do you guys make of this? i assumed it was a joke thing, but man this seems really depressing. at the very least, itll be interesting to see if casey affleck is a competent filmmaker

i still don't understand the point behind making a documentary about this guy.

i don't think it is the right time yet. but that's just my opinion.

yeah, im not sure why i should be interested.. perhaps the film will transcend its burn out subject..

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You sure this isn't a mockumentary? Looks nice.

i just read a review in entertainment weekly and it sounds like a genuine meltdown. perhaps questionable ethics on casey afflecks part. we'll have to see

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

the fact that movie/music snob z_b_z gives a shit indicates this movie is doing something right. if he gives a shit then i can imagine lesser mortals wrestling to get into the cinemas

its weird, the reviews seem to be split up into 'this is a hoax' and 'wow is this sad.' im not so sure what to believe anymore, which makes me even more interested..

have dick. will travel

sometimes you seem like a cool guy and then come these bitchy little posts

Finally watched Godfather 3. It was much better than I expected from all the bad commentary. I think it actually wraps up the three movies well and is in itself a good flick. Even if not as good as the first two (especially Godfather 1).

8/10

Frozen - 7.5/10 - this might seem a low rating for a film I enjoyed tremendously but in my rating spectrum it fits. Great plot idea. More suspense than I have seen in any recent film. Truly a horrific situation and well executed. Don't think I will ever ski now, never have and this being the Jaws of skiing, I don't think I ever will now....

not the type of movie i'd usually enjoy, but this one was pretty good. the scene with the

wolves eating the guy alive was fucking nasty, i cringe just thinking about it.

It didn't do me any good. The worst part was definitely

the guy breaking his legs

and that was about it. I don't see how anyone could have fainted or vomited, like it says in the ads, because of this movie.

Frozen - 7.5/10 - this might seem a low rating for a film I enjoyed tremendously but in my rating spectrum it fits. Great plot idea. More suspense than I have seen in any recent film. Truly a horrific situation and well executed. Don't think I will ever ski now, never have and this being the Jaws of skiing, I don't think I ever will now....

not the type of movie i'd usually enjoy, but this one was pretty good. the scene with the

wolves eating the guy alive was fucking nasty, i cringe just thinking about it.

It didn't do me any good. The worst part was definitely

the guy breaking his legs

and that was about it. I don't see how anyone could have fainted or vomited, like it says in the ads, because of this movie.

i loved the final scene where she's crawlskiing down the mountain! HILARIOUS!

the godfather 3: a pale mirage of an attempt at capturing the spirit of the first two parts. i was able to sit through all of it though, so i guess it's not SUCH a bad movie. still, avatar was better.

Guest Fishtank

The Killer Inside Me 8/10

some pretty fucked up shit

on par with Irreversible

Casey Affleck punches Jessica Alba to death!!

WHAT!? No way.

that scene reminded me of the fire extinguisher scene

Guest Fishtank

Resident Evil Afterlife 5/10

It has some cool moments and I like the 3D effects but the ending with Wesker was really lame and there's lots of dumb moments but I wasn't expecting much from Anderson, I still can't believe he directed Event Horizon

Predators - 5/10 - jesus god what a bad sequel, i actually have to admit that AVP was a better followup than this. The only thing good about it was the score and it was only because it was a complete rip of the original Predator Alan Silvestri one.

Probably the funniest thing about it was how unoriginal each aspect of it was. It was as if they had to base every event in it off of the original movie. "you can hide yourself with mud" the whole trap scene (wtf?) and they even had JEsse Ventura's trademark minigun along with the exact same sound effect from the original film. Definitely does not live up to the plural title.

Archived