IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Frozen - 7.5/10 - this might seem a low rating for a film I enjoyed tremendously but in my rating spectrum it fits. Great plot idea. More suspense than I have seen in any recent film. Truly a horrific situation and well executed. Don't think I will ever ski now, never have and this being the Jaws of skiing, I don't think I ever will now....

not the type of movie i'd usually enjoy, but this one was pretty good. the scene with the

wolves eating the guy alive was fucking nasty, i cringe just thinking about it.

It didn't do me any good. The worst part was definitely

the guy breaking his legs

and that was about it. I don't see how anyone could have fainted or vomited, like it says in the ads, because of this movie.

Didn't know there was any hype behind this film...

I just enjoyed the minimal setting and semi-realism of it, upset me a little but that should be the least a person can ask for from a horror film...

oh and fuck the Killer Inside me....awful awful shite and not shocking in the way it intended, just poor taste and writing, shockingly bad is what it is....

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Adjective

Cool As Ice - Hero*/10

This movie is perfect. Some of the actors reactions to The Ice are exactly how anyone would react to seeing him in real life, except this movie flips it on you, and suggests the question: am I the square? I can't even climb out of the hole this movie has fucked into my mind to type about it. Brilliance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOyEm25IRb4

*i dropped the zero and went with the hero

the godfather 3: a pale mirage of an attempt at capturing the spirit of the first two parts. i was able to sit through all of it though, so i guess it's not SUCH a bad movie. still, avatar was better.

Avatar was better? You sir need a lobotomy.

Guest ansgaria

The Big Lebowski: What's to say, I really loved it. Especially the dialogue and the excessive use of "man". And I laughed my ass off when they did the Kraftwerk spoof and technopop. So genious.

Lost in Translation: Really interesting and beautiful film. The alienation of Bill Murray's character is amazingly shown. And the soundtrack is just marvelous. (and on another note: Scarlet Johansson is drop-dead beautiful. Wow.)

Roddy Piper aka George Nada stumbles backwards into a bank full of nasty capitalist aliens from the planet Andromeda. Realising where he is and what he must do he sqaures up, readying his shotgun, and dryly announces: "I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubble gum".

the godfather 3: a pale mirage of an attempt at capturing the spirit of the first two parts. i was able to sit through all of it though, so i guess it's not SUCH a bad movie. still, avatar was better.

Avatar was better? You sir need a lobotomy.

:trashbear:

Office Space - 8/10

quite the entertainment to be had, great characters, brilliant rap soundtrack, ending wasn't hugely strong but i can't complain.

this scene made it all worthwhile

Top Secret - 9/10

can't remember what I rated this before, but I've seen it 3 times now and it hasn't got old... The props and model making is absolute gold, so much effort gone into each shot, makes it all the more hilarious to think how much work was behind all the silliness.

Dude... I actually watched Airplane! a month back, and was sorta disappointed. I seem to remember it being a lot more funny (hadn't seen it since childhood) but all the humour was a little too cringey. Top Secret was much more sophisticated, silly but clever at the same time.

I hadn't heard of Top Secret until someone posted here recently saying it was their favourite film :cisfor:

american werewolf in london - 7/10. i was supposed to watch batman returns for a class but ive seen it so i said fuck it an watched this instead.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

let the right one in 8/10

very good. reminded me of noi albinoi (albino(ish) kid/snow landscape).

left me wondering :

1. how the kid was going to rent an apartment as a 12yr old (maybe get a long coat and stand on her shoulders)

2. if this cycle of finding a new "friend" has gone on for many cycles. she called the first guy dad but i think that unlikely.

3. what they'll change for the US remake.

greenzone 4/10

not engaging and very predictable.

i like saying he actors lines as they do and nailed some of this dialogue

as soon as freddy was introduced i knew he was going to shoot the general.

i cannot workout how based on a true story this is. i know its based on a book

oh here we go.

The nonfiction book has been adapted into a fictional thriller

Guest Panthroid

Werckmeister Harmonies

Might just be up there in my top 10 of all time.

The opening scene is absolutely perfect.

[youtubehd]zcDVjCNTVP8[/youtubehd]

a ternary of triple worded titles...

Away We Go - 6.8/10

A cute feel-good type of film. Its emphatic/over-bearing secondary characters really turned me off, well just about any approach to making me LOL felt forced and awkward, in turn destroying the humbling atmosphere I was beginning to enjoy at the beginning of the film. I could not decode what the film was trying to be... At times it felt like Meet the Fockers and other times something with a bit more soul.

Don't Look Now - 8.5/10

This was brilliant! My first Roeg film :) A highly visual film saturated in cinematic know-how. Those interchangeable cut scenes and delightful montages masturbated my visual cortex up until that final deflating moment (ya'll who have seen it know what I'm talkin' about). I need to rewatch this a few more time to take it all in.

When We Leave - 7.5/10

I enjoyed this quite a bit. The lead who played Umay was spectacular. The story felt a bit spastic at times though... a few of the sub plots could have been cut (the whole new boyfriend bit had no place that I could figure and added some melodramatic nonsense the really took away from the film) to further flesh out the under-development of the family. Aside from that though, brilliantly acted, I'll say again.

Archived