IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

uh, watch it some time. it's a panorama of terrible sixties/seventies design aesthetics. this is an issue i have with 2001 as well, although less so. neither film has aged well.

who cares if the characters have shag carpet in their homes and wear bell bottoms? you dont have any deeper reasons for saying these films havent aged well?

I'm with the rest Remy, not valid reasons at all. You can't base a films obsolescence on apperance alone.... that's just being cynical to be cynical.

uh, watch it some time. it's a panorama of terrible sixties/seventies design aesthetics. this is an issue i have with 2001 as well, although less so. neither film has aged well.

who cares if the characters have shag carpet in their homes and wear bell bottoms? you dont have any deeper reasons for saying these films havent aged well?

They're far too popular to be truly respected......

:cisfor::facepalm::nelson:

I'm with the rest Remy, not valid reasons at all. You can't base a films obsolescence on apperance alone.... that's just being cynical to be cynical.

aye it's supposed to be set in a grey, depersonalised vision of the future. the reasons you give for it being dated are what make it timeless/strange imo.

although i'd agree that it's def not his best work.

dead man - a waste of an hour and a half... whatever the point of this film was it escaped me. .5/5

What's it about? That's a good question, I did enjoy it actually but I do hav a soft spot for Jarmusch

bad lieutenant - bad remake

I preferred the remake to the original I must admit. Thought Herzog even made a great actor out of Nicholas Cage

I preferred the remake to the original I must admit. Thought Herzog even made a great actor out of Nicholas Cage

I agree, Cage was actually perfect for the part.

wow! cage isn't fit to lace/lick keitel's boots.

original was grittier, more debauched, hard hitiing.

i must admit i just don't like cage .

Macgruber was so fucking terrible I turned it off.

same here and i paid for the rental *shudders*

I agree, Cage was actually perfect for the part.

wow! cage isn't fit to lace/lick keitel's boots.

original was grittier, more debauched, hard hitiing.

i must admit i just don't like cage .

same, I think people way overhype Herzog, he's really good, but his remake wasn't really that amazing.

bad lieutenant - bad remake

IT'S NOT A REMAKE!!!

j/k but i've been told that numerous times by Herzog penis riders

MacGruber..just found out that Val Kilmer AND Powers Boothe are in this. What the hell is it though? And why are people hating on it so much?

Regarding the Bad Lieutenant films, I had really high hopes for the original after seeing the remake. Maybe I should have seen them the other way round. Oh well. Might have to rewatch the original then.

Tokyo! - 8/10

Three short movies made by Michel Gondry, Leos Carax (?), and Joon-ho Bong. Gondry's and Bong's (especially Bong's caught my attention which most of his movies do) short movies were both fantastic whereas Carax's started out great but the last 30 minutes were boring as hell.

Gondry's short film was about a couple that move to Tokyo. The man gets a job wrapping gifts, who shows screenings of his horrible movies at the theatre, and people really love them even though they are extremely amateurish. The girl friend doesn't get a new job, and she feels overlooked and doesn't know what to do until one day something weird happens to her body.

Bong's short film was about a "hikokomori" who hasn't been outside of his home for 10 years. I shouldn't really tell anymore than that. All I can say is, 'wow!'.

Guest the anonymous forumite

Secret & Lies (Mike Leigh) - 8/10

Breathtaking performance from the lead actress, it's been a log time I hadn't seen any quality acting like this !

Archived