IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Gbiscuit

Finished up Firefly and Serenity this week. I get a hard on for anything in space, but some of the props used were kind-of hilarious and cheesy, I.E. a whorehouse covered in "solar shielding" (tinfoil) and the use of conventional firearms in a futuristic setting. It's kind-of funny watching a bone stock AK shoot tiny laser beams.

Anyway, the movie was excellent, the production value was improved ten-fold considering it was released in theaters so that made me quite happy in my pants. Overall I would say 9/10 for the series + movie. I now consider myself a Firefly fan.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

finished season 2 of sons of anarchy last night. the last few episodes were great. this season things have changed a little. firstly they added more music, which makes me think of house (bad thing) but the writing and cliffhangers have improved alot. all the twists in the finale were great. still don't understand how you can not like this show.

The music on SOA is usually really bad and is my only major complaint about the show. Season 3 has been pretty damn good so far. I can understand why some people don't like Jax and think he tries to act too cool for a british guy playing an american biker but I buy it and think he is a good character. I really want to fuck tara, not as much the actress that plays her but the character. A pretty damn hot bad girl-ish doctor? Sugar momma please?

frozen - cell phones have really ruined survival horror films. luckily i was able to suspend disbelief for this good little flick. i'm sure some internet tough guys are going to tell me it's an unbelievable movie and the characters were stupid and if you were in that situation you'd zipline down the wire with your cock. but i liked it.

I really enjoyed it the first time watching it....

the second time was ruined by the company I watched it with....

I am still never going skiing....

Emma Bell is beautiful.

Guest Fishtank

Taxi Driver 8/10

catching up on some classics I haven't' seen yet

kinda slow but the story was good

One of the best ever made in my opinion.

The story needs to be fairly progressive to get the point accross of how the character progresses into a complete fucking nutcase.

10/10 from me.

I was confused about his motive to kill the governor up for election

all he said is it would take some time to clean up the city

maybe that was part of his insanity?

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

finished season 2 of sons of anarchy last night. the last few episodes were great. this season things have changed a little. firstly they added more music, which makes me think of house (bad thing) but the writing and cliffhangers have improved alot. all the twists in the finale were great. still don't understand how you can not like this show.

The music on SOA is usually really bad and is my only major complaint about the show. Season 3 has been pretty damn good so far. I can understand why some people don't like Jax and think he tries to act too cool for a british guy playing an american biker but I buy it and think he is a good character. I really want to fuck tara, not as much the actress that plays her but the character. A pretty damn hot bad girl-ish doctor? Sugar momma please?

agreed the music never really fits either. sack the music coordinator!

Guest Fishtank

REC2 - 6/10

Better than the first but it still felt generic, like it was just going through the motions

Hot Tub Time Machine - 5/10

Not horrible but not great, lots of raunchy lewd humor, Rob Corddory tries too hard and Craig Robinson is too serious!

Machete 8/10

For me it was pure fun, I loved a lot of details put into the movie to make it a special experience.

It could be filmed a bit better and some jokes were a bit meh but all in all awesome fun.

Trash Humpers

This was a lot better than I expected! I never thought it would be anywhere near as "authentic" as it turned out to be. It somehow left quite an impression on me. It felt "important", in the same way that Gummo did. Like Gummo, it explores a world that is absolutely terrifying, but at the same time strangely appealing in its savage honesty. This is really Gummo-meets-Jackass-meets-FantasticHeyHeyHey and I was also reminded of Goddess Bunny, Multiple Maniacs and,...uhm... muppets. The main characters are really some sort of very evil muppets. On acid.

It's the most insane piece of americana I've ever seen. And if you can stomach the VHS-aesthetic and the deliberate weirdness, there's some genuine beauty to be found in this little film.

DAMN, I really cant wait to watch this now. So tempted to watch it but I think I'm gonna put on Machete instead, I'm kind of scared to watch Trash Humpers as sleep deprived as I am it would probably severely impact my sanity for the worst. haha but mostly I want to watch it with some homies slightly inebriated... Or do you think its not a good movie to watch with friends and laugh at/be weirded out by in a group?

Haha, I dreamed about it, the night after I watched it, so I'd recommend waiting until you're in the right mood for this sort of thing. :biggrin:

If you have friends who dig movies like this (I mean films that at the surface have all the characteristics of exploitation, but do have some twisted sort of "poetry" within them, like Cronenberg, or early John Waters, or Korine's other stuff... the kind of things that you like to laugh at, but still silently applaud), then those are indeed the ideal circumstances to watch it.

Ok, I'm going to have to watch this now.

Guest futuregirlfriend

Downloaded 720ps of the Robocop trilogy. Hadn't seen the last two since I was about 9. The first, 10/10. The second, I thought it was going to be rubbish but it surprised me. The third I thought, hey probably not as bad as people have made it out to be, but it was like something the Xena and New Adventures of Superman crew did over a couple of free weekends.

Guest Fishtank

Blade Runner - 9/10

Loved it! Ridley Scott is awesome

Splice: 3.2/10

yeah, what a waste of a good idea (and some good art direction). It was like Cronenberg with downs syndrome.

agree

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

the town 6/10

was entertained but it was all a bit obvious.

could see the ice rink being iced with robbery money the moment we saw it

did enjoy seeing jeremey reiner getting shot in the face very much

wall street 4/10

1987 original not the new sequel. mostly horrible horrible horrible. gekko was the est thing about it so i can see why the new film follows him and not charlie sheen. who was awful. his attempts at emotion were more suited to hot shots. darryl hannah deserves the razzie. not rushing to see the new one

but it was like something the Xena and New Adventures of Superman crew did over a couple of free weekends.

yeah the 3rd one was abombinable, surprised that people were willing to work with Frank Miller again in the film medium after this disaster. right when his 'the spirit' went into production i'm sure some people in the studio had to be thinking 'oh shit robocop 3'.

edit: just found out he also wrote #2, what the fuck? he went from making an awesome dystopian movie about a religious figure who deals a fake drug called Nuke to Robocop fighting a cyberninja and flying on a jetpack?

wall street 4/10

1987 original not the new sequel. mostly horrible horrible horrible. gekko was the est thing about it so i can see why the new film follows him and not charlie sheen. who was awful. his attempts at emotion were more suited to hot shots. darryl hannah deserves the razzie. not rushing to see the new one

I quite like Wall Street, just simple - but solid, classic hollywood style.

wall st is one of the only early Oliver Stone movies i haven't been able to get all the way through. I can't say its a bad movie but it never sucked me in. And this is coming from someone who sat through The Hand 2 full times

Archived