IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a straight story - some might say mind numbingly boring but i thought charmingly romantic and sweet. 7/10

It's impossible for me to watch it without thinking of Farnsworth's life, career, and imminent suicide. As a result, I cry every time I watch it. It doesn't hurt that it's beautifully made.

Rewatched The League of Gentlemen, had forgotten how good this was. The photography in it is even near perfection, especially the sky in Royston Vasey and the light always has that constant dreamlike quality. Only quibble I have was with two of the characters, namely the italian dad and the elderly man who is nervous around handicapped people.

Everything else was great, my fav char was definetely papa lazarou, there should have been more of him in it. 8/10

a straight story - some might say mind numbingly boring but i thought charmingly romantic and sweet. 7/10

It's impossible for me to watch it without thinking of Farnsworth's life, career, and imminent suicide. As a result, I cry every time I watch it. It doesn't hurt that it's beautifully made.

yeah man he's got (had) such a beautiful, old, story-filled face. when he was tearfully reminiscing with the old war-vet in the bar it reminded me of a very similar conversation i had with my late grandad about his war-dead friends and how they are (edit - were) eternally young in his mind.

:cry:

Predators 4/10 (should be lower, but gets an extra point for having predators in it)

Overall an underwhelming experience. Tried to emulate the first film, even with blatant remakes of certain scenes, but fails miserably. Cast lacked the charisma and general badassness of the first movies characters. Too little of the predators and they were all offed quite easily in the end. Didn't like the design of the new predator, looked too different. Alice Braga is cute.

Leaves of Grass - 8/10

Ed Norton playing a double role, as an east coast philosophy professor and his weed growing Oklahoma twin brother. The weedlord coaxes his identical twin back to his hometown so he can scheme himself out from a sticky situation he's gotten into with the local drug dealer, played by Richard Dreyfuss. All in all an enjoyable little movie, with Norton playing both roles very well and comes off as two completely different characters. Reminded me somehow of the Coen bros movies.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Leaves of Grass - 8/10

Ed Norton playing a double role, as an east coast philosophy professor and his weed growing Oklahoma twin brother. The weedlord coaxes his identical twin back to his hometown so he can scheme himself out from a sticky situation he's gotten into with the local drug dealer, played by Richard Dreyfuss. All in all an enjoyable little movie, with Norton playing both roles very well and comes off as two completely different characters. Reminded me somehow of the Coen bros movies.

I liked this flick quite a bit as well. I would give it a 7.8/10 though myself. On hindsight I can't believe I didn't realize how much of a coen bros vibe it had. I did notice something about the tone of the life lesson kinda shit (besides being centered around Norton) reminded me of that Spike Lee flick 25th Hour.

martyrs - 7/10

very uneven with its two parts which i can't connect organically in my mind, the first seemed like a very well produced and well acted revenge flick + a semi supernatural, jumpy, screaming freak right from your favorite survival horror video game which brings the movie down by a few notches imo. the second part is the one that makes the film stand out really, it's completely captivating despite the predictability, and truly horrible and hopeless.( it's a bit fucked up asking for it, but i wish that part would be longer, for film's sake.) goldmund track game me goosebumps and the ending was simply perfect.

martyrs - 7/10

very uneven with its two parts which i can't connect organically in my mind, the first seemed like a very well produced and well acted revenge flick + a semi supernatural, jumpy, screaming freak right from your favorite survival horror video game which brings the movie down by a few notches imo. the second part is the one that makes the film stand out really, it's completely captivating despite the predictability, and truly horrible and hopeless.( it's a bit fucked up asking for it, but i wish that part would be longer, for film's sake.) goldmund track game me goosebumps and the ending was simply perfect.

I love Martrys. And I agree with the screaming freak points. Second hardest film to recommend (knocked down a place since A Serbian Film.

Iron Man 2 - 7.5/10 (better then the first)

Trash Humpers - 8/10 (twisted brilliance)

I spit on your grave - -1/10 (shite)

Tekken - 3/10 (3 for the 3 hot birds)

Predators 7/10 (wasn't as good 2nd time round)

Shutter Island - 9/10 (excellent)

BTW they're currently filming Captain America near Picadilly Station in Manchester

Trash Humpers - 8/10 (twisted brilliance)

Three little devils jump over the wall, La dee La da da dee! America at its worst and most honest...film of the decade

I spit on your grave - -1/10 (shite)

Watch the original! Fucking remake bullshit American cheese fest shit factory! Watch the original!!!

Archived