IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Let Me In - 9/10 - I have always felt that the first version was too watered down and held back from fear of actually frightening the audience. I saw the trailer for this and felt that this version was going to be a true horror film. A film that makes you feel uneasy. A twisted sense of morality due to the main characters being children and the ruthless murdering of innocent people. Showing the guardian's duty to the vampire and him failing in accomplishing his purpose, his true love for the vampire and suffering miserably because of this. And doing what the first film failed at altogether, scaring people. Let Me In succeeds where the first version of the book fails. It freaked me out, made me feel uneasy, breathed love and life into all of the characters and none into the ones that were meant to be vacuous. It contains some of the best shots and lighting I have seen in any film in years. The 80's captured perfectly without going overboard. A perfect horror film score by Giacchino. Brutal beauty and just down right one of the best horror films I have ever seen. Cannot wait to see it again. :wub::wtf::diablo::spiteful:

snow_devil.jpg

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest analogue wings

southern comfort - supposedly a cross between deliverence and platoon except absolutely shit. corny derivative shit. 0.5/5

fuck you/5

great score by Ry Cooder, top notch b movie antix from the director of The Warriors

southern comfort - supposedly a cross between deliverence and platoon except absolutely shit. corny derivative shit. 0.5/5

fuck you/5

great score by Ry Cooder, top notch b movie antix from the director of The Warriors

ry cooder soundtrack was a saving grace i admit. but the plot didn't work. i mean were these guys ever soldiers? certainly didn't act like it. and it annoyed me how they all went crazy after 24 hours in the swamp. a couple of tours in vietnam? ok go crazy. they've been attacked by a sniper, they're being hunted and have lost a man so what do they do? spread out and start shouting? i'm like "wtf are they trying to get caught?" then 1 guy goes "duh maybe we're giving our position away with all this noise?". the acting was wooden, cliched and corny... worst "war/army" film ever!

i was like my avatar throughout.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

wall street money never sleeps 4/10

well i forget what i gave the first wall street but this was a little better actorwise, storywise probably not as interesting. but damn the ending sucked. and wtfuckingf happened to charlie sheens face?

my son, my son, what have ye done. 6/10 classic herzog subject material of a man slowly slipping into insanity. with equal helpings of herzogian drawn out tension and familiar lynchian wierdness. pity i didn't quite get the point of it or care about the story at all.

Monsters = 1/10 - yaaaaaawn

Special = 8/10 - a classic, just as good 2nd time round

Bloodsport = 20/10 - Stan Bush love

Resident Evil 3D = -3/10 - give a post grad Matrix geek a shit load dosh to make bollocks

Four Lions = 8/10 - a very well made and well written topical comedy, the Muslim lads at work love it

iron man 2 .. i'm pretty pissed off, after monaco they just fucked it.

scarlett.

johanssen.

scarlett

fatassen

;-p (well you could blame those ridiculous heals they made her wear, but whatever, i never bought into that actress + hot as an item.

Oddly i felt rather endeared towards gwyneth paltrow, something about her being overlooked by stark blahdeeblah, maybe i wanted to rescue her or something. It's odd because whenever i have seen that woman do anything, from that jaunt round spain show i flicked past, to that award ceremony she fake cried through, she has always triggered my contempt for phonies reflex.

eneewae, maybe i'm just going through some hormonal drama at the moment or something, i'll write it off as that. hehe

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Gwyneth Paltrow is such a cutie in the Iron Man movies, yeh she might seem like spoiled twat and she is married? to the main cunt in Coldplay... okay never mind I don't want to fuck her anymore... okay yeah I still do but not as much

finally watched exit through the gift shop

pretty interesting. good watch.

iron man 2 .. i'm pretty pissed off, after monaco they just fucked it.

scarlett.

johanssen.

scarlett

fatassen

;-p (well you could blame those ridiculous heals they made her wear, but whatever, i never bought into that actress + hot as an item.

before iron man 2 my opinion about scarlett was "okay girl you're perfect but meh go away". but i kinda fell in love with her on iron man 2.

Gwyneth Paltrow is such a cutie in the Iron Man movies, yeh she might seem like spoiled twat and she is married? to the main cunt in Coldplay... okay never mind I don't want to fuck her anymore... okay yeah I still do but not as much

IT"S WORKING

how people can watch lost in translation and not want to put their penis in scarlett is a mystery to me.

Archived