IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

It sounds like Triumph??? lol fuck it I am going to make it triumph, hes my favorite insult comic dog. why not

.. I vaguely remember Triumph having a wig on that looks exactly like my cigar avatar guy from the tiger woods hits photographer incident. Trying so hard to find it.

grab a chill pill from Noonien Soong & relax your neural net, i was just looking at both movie posters and they seem like they are trying to evoke a similar vibe, probably totally different films. i've noticed a trend lately of survivalist style thriller/horror movies like Open Water 2 and Frozen.

Guest Recursive

Breaking Upward - 6.9/10 - Pretty good flick for a hipster relationship comedy. Its got Jon's girlfriend from Delocated. In the end you realize it was a worthwhile film but the first 30 minutes you might think it's a typical indie for the genre. Relationships are indeed a bitch, as it proves.

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans: 7/10. excellent performance from cage, mendes and everyone else really. loved the "oh yeah" guy. pretty usual lots of other stuff, but i really got sucked in to the double crossing. didn't get the final 20 minutes, though.

grab a chill pill from Noonien Soong & relax your neural net, i was just looking at both movie posters and they seem like they are trying to evoke a similar vibe, probably totally different films. i've noticed a trend lately of survivalist style thriller/horror movies like Open Water 2 and Frozen.

it has absolutely nothing in common with frozen, or any other survival horror film, because it isn't a survival horror film.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

the mist - 4/10 - whoever of you lot that recommended the b&w cut of "the mist".. yeah i suppose it looks good and that's all fine, but the movie is crap.

Machete is just really good fun. The characters are well rounded and simply motivated. There are jokes, some silly quips, groan-worthy dialogue and cheesy passages that never seem too contrived or too unintentional. It's hard to explain properly, but Machete is a brilliant combination of modern action tropes and cheesy effects and storylines of 70's low-budget cinema.

Unfortunately I'm not overly pleased with Danny Trejo. Sacrilege, I know. But I think he suffers a little as Sylvester Stallone does in his latter films. He simply does look too old to believably do these things (not that Machete is superhuman at all, he's just a real bad-ass). But that's what Trejo plays upon. He doesn't look like he should be starring in films, he really does look as though he's smuggling cocaine across the Mexico border and that's partly what makes the film so fun. Unlikely Trejo get the ladies and what ladies they are. Jessica Alba (admittedly looking less hot than she used to, but still worth one), Michelle Rodriguez and Lindsay Lohan. Yep, even Lindsay Lohan is fuckable if you're into coked-up semi-whores and who isn't? You'll be quick to notice she uses a body-double during her nude scenes, but the idea is still there. In fact, Lohan's progression throughout the film is perhaps the only storyline that falls a little flat, but her culmination is so laughable it still works.

If you've just read that paragraph you should understand that this is primarily a guy's film, but there is certainly something to be enjoyed by everyone.

Robert De Niro adds a big name to the roster as the much-hated U.S. Senator-to-be and Cheech Marin makes a typically lovable performance as a gun-toting priest. Steven Seagal shows up in brief glimpses from the first to last scenes and supplies the perfect amount of excitement and gravitas needed to create the behind-the-scenes arch enemy.

The action scenes and there are plenty of them are all brilliant in notion and tacky in execution. There are nostalgic uses of poor green-screen technology reminiscent of a 90's TV show. Although sadly the big finale show-down, a battle between American hicks and Mexican youths, is a bit too tacky and silly to forgive. The rumble is a staple of blaxploitation cinema, but I would rather have had it take place earlier in the film and then building to a better conclusion.

But that's it for minus points; the final show-down could be better, a few characters have weak story-arcs (forgivable as there are so many other brilliant characters) and sometimes Trejo is cumbersome in his stunts.

Everything else is brilliant fun and well worth watching. Pulp.

I'm trying to review almost everything I watch for an imaginary audience:

http://youcantrustawesom-o.blogspot.com/

i'd say it has more in common with deliverance. not that they're really similar other than both movies have rednecks in them though ..

i dunno, check it out, it's good.

LOL I told my friends we should watch Winters Bone because it was probably a horror suspense film like Deliverance (which I have never seen) we were surprised by how the movie actually was but after a short while. My loud mouth friends got pretty quiet and zoned in on the film. Very well made and legit realistic

Guest Fishtank

The Yes Men Fix the World 10/10

It's really sad that every time they did something positive the media was quick to vilify and the companies retract their statements but they show that the common folk know whats really going on, which is good to know.

Red 5/10

Very dull and generic up until the last 25 min. or so

idiocracy, interesting premise/intro sequence, but ultimately a low-fi stoner flick. (ala no thanks)

A major gripe was how any of the low-iQ populace managed to keep anything functioning, this was an huge plot flaw that i wasn't able to overlook for the sake of pure popcorn enjoyment.

Gummo - 8/10

Perfect shit-at-the-bottom-of-the-bucket type movie. Unadulterated back of the woods hill billy fucked up satire bull shit with all the cream and none of the cherries. Makes you wanna smoke a pack and shoot stray cats. You want to hate it but its just so genuine dirt shit that you can't help to enjoy it. I'd recommend anyone on watmm to watch this incest ridden movie.

idiocracy, interesting premise/intro sequence, but ultimately a low-fi stoner flick. (ala no thanks)

A major gripe was how any of the low-iQ populace managed to keep anything functioning, this was an huge plot flaw that i wasn't able to overlook for the sake of pure popcorn enjoyment.

Man, I hate that film so much.

http://youcantrustawesom-o.blogspot.com/2010/02/idiocracy.html

Guest Al Hounos

Thirst - Fucking (and I mean fucking, that was some hot stuff!) excellent vampire flick. Beautiful to look at, and the two main characters were fascinating. Great idea putting a priest in the role of vampire; forcing a priest to succumb to the desires we all deal with - an external dehumanizing transformation turns the priest almost into something more human than he was. Minor point off for the ending and a few CG scenes. (8/9)

Das Boot - So gripping those 3 hours just flew by. (5/6)

Man, I hate that film so much.

http://youcantrustawesom-o.blogspot.com/2010/02/idiocracy.html

Idiotocracy-tarrlytons.gif

Archived