IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

The characters were so hatable, I don't know about you but I was hoping they'd die. Knive glove through the back of the head into the mirror was awesome I have to admit.

Did anyone else think the opening credits to the new Elm St were better than the film itself?

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mirezzi

Breaking Upward - 6.9/10 - Pretty good flick for a hipster relationship comedy. Its got Jon's girlfriend from Delocated. In the end you realize it was a worthwhile film but the first 30 minutes you might think it's a typical indie for the genre. Relationships are indeed a bitch, as it proves.

I thought this was, yes, for a hipster relationship comedy, very well done. It was also made on a non-existent budget with a $5000 camera. The kid who made it put an astonishing amount of work into the project.

The characters were so hatable, I don't know about you but I was hoping they'd die. Knive glove through the back of the head into the mirror was awesome I have to admit.

Did anyone else think the opening credits to the new Elm St were better than the film itself?

I am SOOOO watching this tonight. Oh yes indeed.

Guest illfly mandog

Watched Pretty Village, Pretty Flame last night. I believe it is a Serbian Film, at least it was about a Serbian war with Muslims. For the most part is was pretty good. It felt longer than it was tho, maybe because of all the subtitles, maybe because the main characters where trapped in a tunnel for most of the film. The time line was also a bit of a chore to keep up with but the story telling was interesting and the characters where well developed. Also a few choice sound effects. I recommend it.

Nightmare on Elm street was alright i guess, watched it last night some good deaths in it, but im not liking the new freddy (I think its the guy from watchmen?) They should have sung the song abit more make it more eerie

The original Elm Street started off Johnny Depps career cant see any of them going into super-stardom any time soon...

Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) - 0/10

This was a teen slasher, right? So where were all the titties and asses?

And how was it possible for the actors to be more monotonous than Hayden Christensen in Episode III?

And how was it possible for the actors to be more monotonous than Hayden Christensen in Episode III?

i don't know, and what's with all modern 'gritty' movies having that shitty color filtered green/yellow look to them

the dream sequences in this movie were far less creative and good looking than any single of the original Nightmare films.

i don't know, and what's with all modern 'gritty' movies having that shitty color filtered green/yellow look to them

the dream sequences in this movie were far less creative and good looking than any single of the original Nightmare films.

Oh yeah, that was another thing I was planning on bitching about. I fucking hate blue/orange movies!!!

Fuck you, Michael Bay.

trans_two5.jpg

And fuck the rest of you movie shit heads.

qp07lk.jpg

Gummo - 8/10

Perfect shit-at-the-bottom-of-the-bucket type movie. Unadulterated back of the woods hill billy fucked up satire bull shit with all the cream and none of the cherries. Makes you wanna smoke a pack and shoot stray cats. You want to hate it but its just so genuine dirt shit that you can't help to enjoy it. I'd recommend anyone on watmm to watch this incest ridden movie.

yeah this has been in my top 5 films ever since 99, and i doubt it will ever leave. It is beauty.

Yes i often lament along with my brother, at the lack of casual nudity in today's films. It's as though the christian conservatives really did win, in the end. I was looking forward to that bathroom scene damnit.

The main kid was annoying , JUST LOOK AT HIS FACE !!!! kyle_gallner_photo.jpg

WHAT A CUNT!!!!!!!!!!

But yeah , movie was alright.

The main kid was annoying , JUST LOOK AT HIS FACE !!!! kyle_gallner_photo.jpg

WHAT A CUNT!!!!!!!!!!

But yeah , movie was alright.

I'm surprised he doesn't sound like he has a cold all the time with that nose he's carrying around...

Guest Panthroid

Kaboom

Greg Araki's youngest long-player. A bunch of bisexual hipsters have lots of sex, but meanwhile this supernatural conspiracy plot begins to unfold. Strange dreams, witches, secret societies, it's all there.

This might just be the greatest kitsch-masterpiece,... well, ever. But self-consciously so. If you're not familiar with Araki's earlier work (I've only seen The Doom Generation, and that one proved that, like him or hate him, Araki certainly knows what he's doing and knows what to look for in a cinematographer), the first hour will leave you wondering if he's actually serious about all this. It's as if Dario Argento and Twin-Peaks-era Lynch had decided to team up to do direct Twilight. There's a certain point where you get drawn into a relentless rapidfire of insanely tedious plot twists that are strangely addictive. The entire car-chase sequence, up to the very end of the film, can only be described as jaw-dropping.

This truly is the very apocalypse of cinema.

Also watched some older things...

Un Condamné A Mort S'Est Echappé (A Man Escaped)

I just don't know how this Bresson-geezer does it. Creating an extreme sensation of tension and passion, exactly by avoiding tension and passion. It makes no sense at all. The man was a genius, simple as that.

Pastoral: To Die in the Country

Excellent Terayama. As always, I loved the colours and overall visual style. Rather awesome circus scenes too.

The Passion of Anna

Bergman at the top of his game. It left me depressed and disturbed. Not sure about the actor-interview intermissions. The film needed these kind of radical interruptions. I'm just not sure if this was the right form to do it.

The Devil, Probably

Yeah, Bresson again. Though I think I like his black and white stuff better.

But yeah , movie was shit!!!!

I'm surprised he doesn't sound like he has a cold all the time with that nose he's carrying around...

My mind shut off after I realized there would be no tits...

New Freddy, New Jason....

what the fuck ever!

Now new Hellraiser could be interesting if some seriously fucked up people were producing it...

Pinhead 4 LYF!

28 weeks later/. good film, probably the goriest zombie film i've ever seen. i didn't expect it to be as good as the first, i don't know if it was, but it was different than the first. entertaining, fast paced. thumbs up.

Revolutionary Road - wtf/lol. I always felt Sam Mendez was a hack and this proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt. Turned it off after fifteen minutes of watching Kate Winslet and Leo DiCaprio trying to play-act at being a dysfunctional couple. We're talking seriously bad, Anakin-and-Amidala-love-affair bad.

Currently watching Knight and Day or whatever, the flick with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz. About 1/3 of the way through I think. A weird combination of rom com and over-the-top action flick. Seems like it's trying to be another Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Diaz should have given up the cute shtick a long time ago as she's way outgrown it; when she tries to make a cute face she just looks haggard.

Currently watching Knight and Day or whatever, the flick with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz. About 1/3 of the way through I think. A weird combination of rom com and over-the-top action flick. Seems like it's trying to be another Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Diaz should have given up the cute shtick a long time ago as she's way outgrown it; when she tries to make a cute face she just looks haggard.

Knight & Day is pure party.

I watched Case 39 last night. A thriller starring Renee Zellweger and that little girl from the Silent Hill movie. It sucked. My brother in law and I figured out the plot after 10 minutes and the ending was so anti climatic it was almost laughable.

3/10

I also watched a new Steven Seagal movie the other day - Born to Raise Hell! It was almost as good as Hard to Kill

12/10

YEAH!

segal.jpg

But yeah , movie was shit!!!!

My mind shut off after I realized there would be no tits...

New Freddy, New Jason....

what the fuck ever!

Now new Hellraiser could be interesting if some seriously fucked up people were producing it...

Pinhead 4 LYF!

I guess I should warn you that the studio is going for a PG13 Hellraiser movie to attract teenagers.

Archived