IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

nic cage was also great in bad lieutenant new orleans.

i also liked adaptation but not recently enough to argue for it. i know cage was great in it though.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mirezzi

nic cage was also great in bad lieutenant new orleans.

i also liked adaptation but not recently enough to argue for it. i know cage was great in it though.

Same here. I watched in 2002. If I watched it now, I might turn on it. Then I'd have no Kaufman films to defend and that might get me murdered here at good ole We Are the Kaufman Fellaters.

i couldn't even get past the 50% mark on Midnight Run. Didn't find it engaging in the least, but i'll say one good thing about it it was at least partially watchable unlike Scent of a Woman

Did you have your panties in an extra tight knot while watching or what? WTF. :unsure:

lol yes i must be wearing panties to be unable to finish a buddy movie starring as lead actor........ Charles Grodin

haha you sure can dish it but you can't take it :emotawesomepm9:

ok, so I am about two hours into JFK extended cut...I really like this...the use of black and white/still photos to explain the very complex/complicated backstory is an excellent storytelling technique...especially for the JFK assassination...whenever I tried getting "the gist" of the conspiracies I could never wrap my head around the hundreds of theories involved/little nuances, etc.

Guest Mirezzi

lol yes i must be wearing panties to be unable to finish a buddy movie starring as lead actor........ Charles Grodin

Well, it's not like I was breaking out hard-core critic mode on it.

Just watched Death At A (Chris Rock) Funeral: really awful. Funny for about ten minutes, nauseating for the remaining 90.

Well, it's not like I was breaking out hard-core critic mode on it.

Just watched Death At A (Chris Rock) Funeral: really awful. Funny for about ten minutes, nauseating for the remaining 90.

really? i tend to hate most of those weird comedy movies, but i thought that one was hilarious....Danny Glover as a cranky old man is gold.

Guest Mirezzi

really? i tend to hate most of those weird comedy movies, but i thought that one was hilarious....Danny Glover as a cranky old man is gold.

There were like three funny gags. I dunno, I just wonder WTF ever happened to Neil Labute...

holy shit, yeah really what did happen to him he even got Nic Cage to go out and embarrassingly proclaim that 'wicker man was a joke on purpose' really? really? i guess just another one that got sucked into the hollywood machine

ok, so I am about two hours into JFK extended cut...I really like this...the use of black and white/still photos to explain the very complex/complicated backstory is an excellent storytelling technique...especially for the JFK assassination...whenever I tried getting "the gist" of the conspiracies I could never wrap my head around the hundreds of theories involved/little nuances, etc.

yeah the black and white stock footage mixed together with original shot b&w footage is beautifully played in my opinion. Gary Oldman as Oswald is also top tier, 'i am not resisting arrest!' The cast of JFK is one of the best i've seen, and i dont even mean the main characters mainly just the supporting roles. Laurie Metcalf, John Candy, Frank Whaley, Joe Pesci, Wayne Knight, Tommy Lee Jones playing a CIA recruiter southern gay, Donald Sutherland, etc

too bad Stone also slipped a lot, his last 'good' film was Nixon. 1997's U Turn, was a big sign to me he was never going to get back on top again

yeah, Costner sucks as always, but the cast is fantastic....i really love Sutherland's part (does he come in again later? i havent finished it), and Oldman is almost a dead-ringer for LHO...its creepily perfect...once again I state that Gary Oldman is one of the most underrated modern actors..that man has amazing range. I also LOLed at John Candy's cameos..his accent was off, but the attitude was what really made the character...i was surprised it was him for a second.

when you mentioned the Mr.X stuff based off of real-life, does Lyndon Johnson play into that? I mean, Im willing to buy most inconsistencies with the Warren Commission findings (from what i know, tbh i havent read but a few excerpts and summaries), but the Lyndon Johnson thing seems like it was conjured up by Stone and the writers.

Guest Mirezzi

1997's U Turn...

Fucking TERRIBLE, and yeah, I had the same general reaction even back then. "Welp, that's all for Oliver."

you're doing it wrong dude :emotawesomepm9:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0795368/

Yeah, is the original good?

Re: JFK - people can say what they want about its theories and ideologies. It was a damned well made movie.

Guest Ranky Redlof

.. really ?? .. that terrible .. ar well.. i'll watch it anyway. It's computer graphics with shooting and aliens.

better than an art instillation with a meat packet dripping from someone's clanger.

1.5 may be a little harsh, but i just stopped the vid after 40 minutes. Was waiting for some kind of story or somehting to develop but it was just retarded shooting and explosions.

was a cam version so couldnt really enjoy the graphics either :p

1997's U Turn...

Fucking TERRIBLE, and yeah, I had the same general reaction even back then. "Welp, that's all for Oliver."

you're doing it wrong dude :emotawesomepm9:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0795368/

Yeah, is the original good?

Re: JFK - people can say what they want about its theories and ideologies. It was a damned well made movie.

im not debating the movie, its excellent so far...im just curious as to whether the Lyndon Johnson part of it is part of the more popular conspiracy theories or if it was a plot device on the part of Stone and the writers.

although Costner is still fucking atrocious.

but the Lyndon Johnson thing seems like it was conjured up by Stone and the writers.

the movie JFK is based on the story about Jim Garrison by Jim Marrs called Crossfire. Oliver Stone i'm sure came up with some stuff on his own but im not sure if any of the theories were his own invention. i'm not sure which part you're talking about exactly. I do know that the Australian newspaper part in the Mr X part is true, you can find scanned copies of it online.

poster_dogtooth2.jpg

imagine the virgin suicides but ten times sicker/10

This looks .. interesting... thanks for the heads up

Dagon - Not quite sure what to make of this one, marks for being surprisingly dark though.

Just watched Bad Boy Bubby, still as frightening/funny/uplifting as the first time I saw it. Brilliant film.

poster_dogtooth2.jpg

imagine the virgin suicides but ten times sicker/10

This looks .. interesting... thanks for the heads up

looks far more interesting from that poster than the dvd cover that's for sure.

dogtooth-dvd-24474856.jpeg

Guest Z_B_Z

fright_night.jpg

7.6/10 a childhood favorite

i actually like parts of the soundtrack.. might have to sample

posted image=fright night

Archived