IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

i watched that marky mark cop movie with will farrell. it was horrible. marky mark just yelled the entire movie. :facepalm:

i reviewed that a few pages back and gave it a pretty good review.

marky mark isn't going to win an oscar but he got most of the laughs in this film.

the good guys btw

i do a good impression of mark walhberg from the fighter when he says "i was embarressed. i told them all i was going to win"

i thought 'the happening' was contrived to be retro-disaster-movie-corny but since realise it's just marky mark's acting style. he's the same in everything.

ps. please record and post your marky mark impression!

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest futuregirlfriend

Taking Off - Watched it for the first time about a year ago, but it recently came out on blu-ray. Recommended!

the man without a past - just wow, this is some flawless and unique filmmaking. won't say anything more, just see this little wonder.

maybe it's just me though..i loved du levande as well which is similar in some ways, something about those scandinavians..

Guest disparaissant

got a bunch of mst3k i'm watching. it's been too long. currently watching starfighters, a movie in which nothing whatsoever happens.

the man without a past is wonderfull indeed. You should check out some of the directors other films if you haven't, they're quite similar and mostly great.

The Finland trilogy (Man without a past, Drifting Clouds and Lights in the Dusk) by Kaurismäki are indeed fine films. Man without the past is probably my favourite of those. The deadpan delivery of some absurd dialogue is what made it for me and the general low-key matter-of-fact approach to everything. Somehow captures the Finnish spirit. Another Finnish movie in the vein of Kaurismäki is Klassikko, directed by Kari Väänänen, who also happens to star in Drifting Clouds.

got a bunch of mst3k i'm watching. it's been too long. currently watching starfighters, a movie in which nothing whatsoever happens.

Been on an MST3K kick myself. My last two were The Final Sacrifice and Future War. :beer:

Paul - initial response is 6/10 - a stoner film that a person cannot be too stoned for, one might need mushrooms to make it funny......but it will probably grow on me...Hader, his partner (guy who got beat up in Superbad) and Wiig were the best parts of the film, so I did laugh some. Bateman cracked me up a bit as well. Such a dumb film. I love Walk Hard for its immense amount of idiocy but this takes the cake. Joe Dirt might be more stupid, but I have grown to love that film as well.

Oh maaan ... my best friend has another friend over and she wants to watch a movie. He borrowed the DVD of The Fall (by Tarsem-guy) from someone and he's about to watch it for the first time but she only wants to watch the German dub and he says it doesn't matter whether original or dub so he's probably gonna do it and then hate the film because of it and I can't stop him! :wtf:

Anyone who has seen this film will realize how fatal a dub would be, it's as pointless as the Blair Witch dub

Why are Germans so fucking lazy and why do we have so many voice actors that every single fucking movie gets dubbed? Seriously, every single time a movie that interests me is on TV I'm like "Hey, awesome, I'ma watch this - OH WAIT" - even Borat got a German dub! BORAT! I envy you Swedes and all the other subtitle-TV-country-people!

edit: Jackass The Movie also got a German dub.

American Psycho - A laugh riot. Much better than expected.

YESSS OH YES

one of the greatest comedies of the past 20 years. every line is quotable. bale's finest performance.

The Girl Who played With Fire 7/10

After watching the first movie, the shock of the brutality of some of the scenes, the characters and story don't seem as interesting, and it never seems as urgent as the first film. Still entertaining, though even though Lisbeth Salander seems to unrealistically weasel her way out of situations where she would die in like 3 seconds.

Excellent lesbo muff-diving scene that definitely beats the one in Black Swan.

Guest disparaissant

Life Aquatic

Still one of my favorite movies ever made. That tiger shark scene with the Sigur Ros song gets me every time.

man that is one of the best scenes in any movie ever. the look on bill murray's face, "do you think it recognizes me?" oh god tears tears tears.

best wes anderson flick.

Guest disparaissant

oh man i just started watching spaced again.

it really is the best sitcom ever made ever ever ever ever EVER.

limitless - 8/10

didn't expect to enjoy it but ya, Fun.

the scientist - 10/10

i LOVE slow films like this, its all about the atmosphere, not sure why it got such a low score on imdb - really hit a chord with me and i will def be going back to watch it more times.

The warriors way - 6/10

started off really well, the bringing together of western/eastern was interesting, i also started to connect with the characters but as soon as the second half of the movie kicks in and the action starts, i got bored (too much slo-mo) - also the guy with the burnt face was the best part of the story imo. anyway, it was a pretty film visually but could of been great.

Fourteenth floor - 10/10

never heard of it, put it on as a punt. LOVED pretty much everything about it. reminded me of so many different parts of pkd books. the lead guy should get more work, i like him.

the next three days - 7/10

felt longer than it was. but im glad it was done pretty much half cocked, if you were an avg man, things would fuck up, you wouldn't be some super hero instantly, although i just wanted more liam neeson playing a bad-ass ex-con tbh, ahah - also the police side of it was pretty poor.

Archived