IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest futuregirlfriend

Don't Look Now - 6/10 Not a huge fan of this. It's too hard to get the creeps now. Looks nice and good editing though.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't Look Now - 6/10 Not a huge fan of this. It's too hard to get the creeps now. Looks nice and good editing though.

The thing in the end (you know what I'm talking about) scared the living shit out of me. I haven't watched it since.

Guest Al Hounos

^funny, cos i just watched

The Devils - If I could make a movie, I would want to make a movie like this. :diablo: 10/10

Bruce Lee binge 2011

Way of the Dragon (Gay pimp, worlds best Hapkido fighter, a passive agressive mafia boss, italian boobies, and Bruce Lee eating 5 soups at one time = Best kung fu movie of all time ever)

5d18a0_th.jpg5d18a0_th.jpg5d18a0_th.jpg5d18a0_th.jpg5d18a0_th.jpg

Enter the Dragon (Definitely Bruce's best acting role(as in less cheesiness and mouth twitches) and buttfucks of fighting, you won't wanna stop watching this action packed extravaganza!)

5d18a0_th.jpg5d18a0_th.jpg5d18a0_th.jpg5d18a0_th.jpg2mw9ste.jpg

Fist of Fury (Really loved the plot, lots of memorability and of course Bruce does an outstanding job of kicking the shit out of everyone, you will love this movie long time)

Devil 7/10

Not scary, but kinda smart.

I agree with the score, but i don't think it was smart at all.

It was one of those movies that you laugh at the concept and enjoy it just because of the ridiculous premise and the over the top acting.

Plus both "twists" were ludicrous

yeah it and the Happening are both hilarious, so at least Cram Nite Cramalong makes good looking films to laugh at....

I wish he he was in on the joke,

fuckin dumbass........

Pans Labyrinth

I gotta be honest, this was sorta disappointing to me, but mostly because I thought there would be more "dreamworld" sequences.

its a great movie in its own right...but i feel like ive been misled as to what the movie was about, and it wasn't one of those "im glad i didnt know what it was really about" moments i usually experience with great movies...just sorta...meh...this is alright.

Guest futuregirlfriend
The thing in the end (you know what I'm talking about) scared the living shit out of me. I haven't watched it since.

For sure. Was not expecting that.

The Devils - If I could make a movie, I would want to make a movie like this. :diablo: 10/10

Do it.

The Fog - 6.5/10

Burden of Dreams - Employing prostitutes as part of the film crew seems a tip worth jotting down.

Prince of Darkness - Gave this a rewatch and really enjoyed it, even though the idea didn't seem to be 100% there yet 8/10

Pans Labyrinth

I gotta be honest, this was sorta disappointing to me, but mostly because I thought there would be more "dreamworld" sequences.

its a great movie in its own right...but i feel like ive been misled as to what the movie was about, and it wasn't one of those "im glad i didnt know what it was really about" moments i usually experience with great movies...just sorta...meh...this is alright.

love it . love how it balances real life and fantasy

Cram Nite Cramalong

that had me rolling for some reason

"Cramalong with me while I send you through a world of absurdity!" -Erm Night Dingaling

Guest disparaissant

The Fog - 6.5/10

thought this was garbage right up until the very end, when it turned around some!

The Fog - 6.5/10

thought this was garbage right up until the very end, when it turned around some!

I quite liked the fog, watch the black and white version that's on the dvd -er, I thought you guys were talking about the mist. nevermind

Rope - 9/10

Hitchcock's 1948 classic, an incredible feat of suspense and tension. The entire film is one lengthy scene, filmed in the same apartment complex. There are a minimal number of separate shots, with the camera moving smoothly around the apartment to capture everything. This directional technique, coupled with the fact that everything is happening in real time, gives the film a very realistic atmosphere.

The climax of the film gives a detailed rationale on exactly why murder is wrong, which is actually quite rare. Most media just assumes that murder is wrong and that the audience will agree.

Restrepo 9/10

Thoroughly enjoyed this documentary, gave me a great insight into how the war in Afghanistan is like. Really intense, I felt for those who lost friends during the film. Was blown away at how close the cameraman got to the action, must've been pretty stressful.

Guest disparaissant

The Fog - 6.5/10

I quite liked the fog, watch the black and white version that's on the dvd -er, I thought you guys were talking about the mist. nevermind

actually i got them confused! the mist was the one i thought was garbage up until the end. the end kind of made it all worth it.

the 1980 "the fog" with adrienne barbeau is great, i grew up on that movie.

Every time I watch a shitty movie now I keep hoping to hear Dead Can Dance and see some suicide at the end BUT IT ONLY HAPPENED THE ONE TIME

edit: DCD + third world poverty montage would also be acceptable

Guest disparaissant

Every time I watch a shitty movie now I keep hoping to hear Dead Can Dance and see some suicide at the end BUT IT ONLY HAPPENED THE ONE TIME

wanna see this in a rob schneider flick

wanna see this in a rob schneider flick

That... that would actually be amazing

Bruce Lee binge 2011

Way of the Dragon (Gay pimp, worlds best Hapkido fighter, a passive agressive mafia boss, italian boobies, and Bruce Lee eating 5 soups at one time = Best kung fu movie of all time ever)

5d18a0_th.jpg5d18a0_th.jpg5d18a0_th.jpg5d18a0_th.jpg5d18a0_th.jpg

Enter the Dragon (Definitely Bruce's best acting role(as in less cheesiness and mouth twitches) and buttfucks of fighting, you won't wanna stop watching this action packed extravaganza!)

Fist of Fury (Really loved the plot, lots of memorability and of course Bruce does an outstanding job of kicking the shit out of everyone, you will love this movie long time)

have you checked out Donnie Yen'e sequel to Fist of Fury?

00176fd3_medium.jpeg

a bit long in the tooth in parts but the fight scenes kick serious ass - 7/10

i'm really surprised Hitchcock didn't generate more controversy at the time with Rope or Strangers on a Train. The 'villain' characters by today's standards are obviously homosexual, but maybe back then it went under the radar. either way they are both really good films. Rope is a very impressive film.

Archived