IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I thought Never Let Me Go was a nice film. Not going to defend it at length right now but for one) The art proving love and providing a map of their brains?: Dude you totally missed that it was an embarrassingly desperate delusion that the girl didn't have any faith in but thought she would try it out to at least end his worthless thoughts of hope. That was sad & cringe worthy because you knew he was being "daft" & they were fuct, not bad writing lol.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest futuregirlfriend

American Werewolf in London - I expected to dislike it :shrug:, but by the end it felt near perfect.

Sweet Movie - Incredible.

I thought Never Let Me Go was a nice film. Not going to defend it at length right now but for one) The art proving love and providing a map of their brains?: Dude you totally missed that it was an embarrassingly desperate delusion that the girl didn't have any faith in but thought she would try it out to at least end his worthless thoughts of hope. That was sad & cringe worthy because you knew he was being "daft" & they were fuct, not bad writing lol.

I got that, but felt it was hard to swallow even on the level of "they're grasping at straws"...it doesn't seem to have the slightest shred of rationality behind it - were they supposed to have painted pictures of each other holding hands? Or were they just supposed to be deemed "compatible" based on their psychology? And above all else, why weren't they monitored after leaving the school?...as preposterously implausible as it was, the whole find-the-address-of-the-lady-to-give-us-a-love-deferral seemed to exist only to give the film a climax, as a set-up for the shocker

"no, we collected the art to see if you had souls" - which also seems absurd. I find it hard to believe they would actually have doubts about that...Different strokes for different folks I guess, I just found it too hard to suspend my disbelief. The whole thing seemed really contrived, reminded me of the English Patient, well-made but all the details are sort of random and unreal, existing only to further the romance-novel aspect. And of course I wanted them all to die because they were completely passive. One moment dude is screaming about cruel fate, the next he's in the operation room like "no probs." I think it's the fact that it was somewhat emotionally affecting that irritates me with the film's other shortcomings; I hate feeling suckered. Like watching Titanic...

Anyhoo, just saw Catfish, another watmm recommendation - good flick! Nothing much to add, it's a film with a simple twist, I was expecting a bit more but it's well crafted and timely and all that.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

the american 5/10

hhmm interesting idea. some good parts but overall disappointing. my wife predicted the guns real purpose pretty early and we both hated the ending.

expectations were high as i'd read good thing in this thread

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah

Wrong, y'all twats are both fucking dumb

Soo so mysterious

man-thinking.jpg

I disagree, it was poorly written/conceived/acted all the stupid fx were retarded. Waste of robert deniro. I saw this with a friend at the theater and less than halfway through they wanted to leave, but I kept telling them maybe it would get better. It didn't.

Waste of robert deniro.

It's funny you should mention him as someone should be praised because some of my friends and I were talking about Robert De Niro a couple of days ago and none of us could remember the last memorable movie he had starred in. He has done some pretty damn good movies - no doubt about that - but he hasn't been in a great movie for the last 13 years. The last one being Ronin (1998).

It's funny I should mention deniro is one of the great living american actors? I understand what you are getting at though. I thought he was pretty good in Stardust and his imdb page says hes rumored to be in the Uncharted movie lol.

the girl next door: there were some funny bits but it ended up lacking... i mean if it was a bit better it could have been a re watchable but it just wasn't good enough/

Limitless - 8/10 not bad for a Hollywood film original and well paced, a safe thriller

Unstoppable - 5.5/10 a bit up its own arse tho gets quite intense in parts but then falls into the worse kind of American hero cliché ending which blew it for me

Guest analogue wings

Waste of robert deniro.

It's funny you should mention him as someone should be praised because some of my friends and I were talking about Robert De Niro a couple of days ago and none of us could remember the last memorable movie he had starred in. He has done some pretty damn good movies - no doubt about that - but he hasn't been in a great movie for the last 13 years. The last one being Ronin (1998).

ordell.jpg

What tha fuck happened to you, man? Your ass used to be beautiful.

Source Code - 8/10 - an awesome 2 hour long episode of the Outer Limits, best thing Jake G has done since Brokeback, maybe not as well conceived as Moon but I like the idea more. Go see it for the sci-finess. Bowie's son is turning out to be a science fiction film saviour. Really enjoyed it.

and thanks Lump for noticing that I do focus on the 'big picture' within films. It could be a flaw but I am all about story lines, and I pay attention to it more than acting and shots on first watch. I watch films more than once to see all of the aspects so Never Let Me Go might not impress me as much the second time around. Moon is a great example of me not being so impressed the first time around and really liking it the second and third times I viewed it.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

source code

not bad. not great. no moon. enjoyable. the end actually surprised me.

i didnt see how they were going to pull a happy ending out of it but they turned it around.

i kinda wished the ending had been him going rambo style into the lab to switch the machine off but i cant help feel like i already saw that film.

i think it would have been more involving if we'd only seen things that he saw, so we only saw goodwin/rutledge via the video and only saw the inside of the capsule and obviously in the source code.

Guest analogue wings

i have to admit that as bad as the CGI looks in the new green lantern footage, my geek heart weeped a little bit at the ambitious scope of what they did

lol i watched that and i was like "the phantom menace called, it wants its cgi back"

Waste of robert deniro.

he was in machete. :cerious:

but yeah lots of sucky movies.

Archived