IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

incendies - 7,5/10

that's generous,

i thought it was utterly horrible, a fuckload of contrivances to generate drama using lebanon as an excuse..middle east 21 grams, "world" drama..ugh.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

oh yeh as for what ive been watching

lis sladen passing prompted me to reacquire all of the pertwee and baker doctor who serials. pretty bittersweet. such good stuff. used to have all of baker's stuff on VHS but the ex made off with it, boo. oh well. i don't even have a vcr anymore.

also watched jackass 3 yesterday. meh. it was what i expected with more wincing and whinging, which is funny and all, but i kind of wish they'd tried to go more overboard like that terrorist cab driver pube-beard prank from jackass 2 i think. 7/10 i guess.

I just watched "Super" (2010)

i give it 0/10

worthless and disturbing.

if you like terry gilliam's "Tideland" i would recommend it but for any people who are sane, definitely spare yourself.

The Armando Iannucci Shows - Not a film but an overlooked TV show. Some of you may know Iannucci as the director of In The Loop. I saw the show when I was 14, back in September 2001, not really knowing who Armando was, not knowing who Woody Allen or Luis Bunuel were. This is still one of my favourite things that he's done and I'm recommending now that if you can't get the DVD then to grab the high quality rip from tpb.

I love Iannucci but this completely fell flat for me. Bought the DVD a couple years back but still haven't watched the last couple episodes. Some good bits but on the whole it's a little disappointing.

just finished my harmony korine session

what a fucking amazingly beautiful gifted human being.

mr.lonley - 10/10 (sky diving nuns and aphex)

gummo - 10/10 (bacon cellotaped to the wall)

trash humpers 8/10 (hahaheeeeeeee)

julian donkeyboy - 10/10 (chair wrestling)

i dont even need to say anymore.. if you havent seen these films.. GO and SEE THEM!

you want to sell me your DVD Obel?

those kind of requests bewilder me every time, what's reason behind this craze of acquiring plastic discs ? you could have this show in a couple of hours and no one prevents you from supporting the creators anyway, send them an envelope with cash or something if you wish.

sorry for off topic.

Guest Billov

i dont even need to say anymore.. if you havent seen these films.. GO and SEE THEM!

will do.

Gummo needs another watch too :sup:

severance - 5/10

some interesting, humorous deviations from the typical chase n' slash genre but still kinda stupid overall. this guy has some fresh ideas but the 3 movies of his i've seen feel a lot like "straight to video", mostly bad acting and dialogue, crappy cinematography, effects and so on. triangle was good despite all this though.

this kind of stuff is still better than all the endless sequels to remakes of adaptations..

incendies - 7,5/10

that's generous,

i thought it was utterly horrible, a fuckload of contrivances to generate drama using lebanon as an excuse..middle east 21 grams, "world" drama..ugh.

if you think that about incendies just watch this one:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1288376/

I just watched this too! prettaaaygood/10

sky diving nuns/Hertzog aside I thought Mr Lonley was 30mins too long imho and the weakest of his films which he apparently didn't enjoy making

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

you me and dupree 2/10

would have been better with kevin dillion as he is actually funny.

I just watched "Super" (2010)

i give it 0/10

worthless and disturbing.

if you like terry gilliam's "Tideland" i would recommend it but for any people who are sane, definitely spare yourself.

Yeah, I would have to say my opinion of this is almost, almost the opposite...this is nothing like Tideland but it completely twisted in a new and amazing way...Superherosploitation! This film will not do well when it is formally released if it ever is due to the extreme graphic violence but this is what makes it so much fun imo. Kevin Bacon is awesome. All of the actors are awesome in this. But you cannot go into this thinking you are going to watch a mind blowing film. This is an exploitation film. It is fucked up. and I love it. it gets 8/10, James Gunn is a sick mother fucker. Slither is one of my favourite films and the Dawn of the Dead remake is probably my favourite zombie film (other than Tom Savini's remake of NOTLD). This guy needs to make more films. This film is a middle finger to Hollywood blockbuster hero films and it should be celebrated.

Archived