IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an interesting story overall. Would make a great film if done right. Some of the photos were stunning and the work itself seemed to have this sort of transference of emotion from him, they had this spooky lifelike quality.

i liked how he opened up as filming went on, starting out pretty guarded and by the end he's like fuckit i like to wear womens clothes, d'you think it'd be ok if i wear stilettos to my opening? and the fact that he probably got beaten up in the first place for talking about being a tranny in the company of small town jocks.

i liked how he opened up as filming went on, starting out pretty guarded and by the end he's like fuckit i like to wear womens clothes, d'you think it'd be ok if i wear stilettos to my opening? and the fact that he probably got beaten up in the first place for talking about being a tranny in the company of small town jocks.

Exactly. He ended up being so open about the emotions behind his work and about his certain proclivities. So many artists hide behind a persona or are intentionally cryptic about their thoughts and emotions. I felt his openness helped me understand the work more.

Magnolia - Hated the overuse of music, it was too lout at parts as well, I avoided watching this movie because for some reason I thought it was a Kevin Smith movie and I believe it was because of the stupid music but then as I watched more, nah no way that slobcunt could do anything like it and I was right. Really liked the movie apart from the music bits, Tom Cruise was brilliant, I love that part when he says he'll drop kick the dogs if they come near lol. Also now I know why TV shows overuse that music when they want to do something dramatic/poser, they're copying the scene when they're all singing the same song.

Don't torture a duckling - Wow, who knew Lucio Fulci could do movies like this?

The Devil Rides Out - 8/10 - Satanism, Christopher Lee, Demon Invocation, Cult, Baphomet, Sacrifices, Banishment Rituals, Time Travel, Walpurgisnacht...oh my!

the_devil_rides_out_5.jpg

Guest futuregirlfriend

He was the only thing that kept snapping me back into reality, mostly the first time we see him in the telephone box. Maybe I'm being unfair and it was just his lines.

Guest Z_B_Z

maybe he overplayed it a bit.. i guess i can see that. i love the ending. im pretty sure depalma hasnt made a decent film since the mid 80s.

Guest Z_B_Z

also, ive been waiting months to see it but 'marwencol' exceeded my expectations. really well put together film. the end seemed a bit abrupt but i guess im ok with that. i get the sense that with a little bit of therapy, he can still live in marwencol and be a happier person. yay for the u.s. "healthcare system."

Pontypool

Well that was pretty fucked up. I'm not even sure I like it. But it's worth watching for the weirdness, and the beginning was very atmospheric.

I recorded the movie when it was on tv, they showed the original English version for once, but with those big yellow subtitles, so I ended up taping black garbage bags over my tv and make myself artificial black bars to cover the subs. Worked pretty well.

Guest bitroast

Toy Story 3

:emotawesomepm9: /10

Have to admit my my eyes watered a bit at the end.

They watered alot actually

my eyes watered a bit at the start, with the home video montage. then my eyes watered a bit at the end. god damn pixar are amazing.

just watched Black Swan. i was completely blown away : O

Lifeforce got bored too soon/10

Didn´t like the pace of the movie at the beginning, still some of the special effects would have creeped the fuck out of me as a kid.

also (nsfw)

may-lifeforce-11.jpg

Hanna - 8/10. Gets a couple of points deducted for some wavering German accents in places and for some of the scenes being a bit over directed. Otherwise well done and enjoyed the soundtrack more than I thought, as I haven't liked the Chemical Brothers output for awhile.

Archived